Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

downjim

I thought Loughinisland dominated the game and will be more annoyed they did not win. The Point maybe will improve better in Pairc Esler at the weekend. Kilcoo under lights is not good for championship. Only game I did not see was Kilcoo but the magpies won't be fearing too much, maybe the first 50 of Mayobridge but their last ten ruined that performance. We need Donal flying fit.

upandwin

Don't know that Loughinisland dominated the game but neither team impressed that's for sure. Think a draw was a fair result. Poor conditions definitely levelled the playing field but if the conditions suit then I'd imagine CPN will win the replay. Thought both teams were very wasteful and Kilcoo won't be too bothered about who they face at this stage. Burren could've won by 10 the other night but if Donal isn't playing they won't win a thing. No options off the bench and very poor in their transition from back to front. Apart from Foy and Donal there are no real stand out players from Burren that can hurt Kilcoo. Mayobridge-Kilcoo final if they avoid each other in the Semis.

elk

Any word on the venue for the replay,hope the county board think of the spectators and put it at HQ were there is a bit of comfort and shelter. Don't fancy the kilcoo experience again.

Cuan12

Smurfy123

elk

Quote from: Cuan12 on September 11, 2018, 08:46:56 PM
Castlewellan 2.30 pm for reply
Rain forecasted for Saturday looks like Twitter and the pub for me. East down venue for CPN again, bit unfair ??

thebar

Quote from: elk on September 11, 2018, 09:17:06 PM
Quote from: Cuan12 on September 11, 2018, 08:46:56 PM
Castlewellan 2.30 pm for reply
Rain forecasted for Saturday looks like Twitter and the pub for me. East down venue for CPN again, bit unfair ??
No its a football pitch between the 2 clubs...east down / south down doesn't come into it. Castlewellan the right choice of venue.

Smurfy123

We seem to always get east down. Newry the only place to play the replay

thebar

Quote from: Smurfy123 on September 11, 2018, 09:29:13 PM
We seem to always get east down. Newry the only place to play the replay
Your a joker kiddo :)

Hedgehunter

Will John Boyle be lining out against Crusaders??

Cuan12

Suck it up smurf, island travelled to hill town to play Burren in earlier round , didn't complain, went to Newry to take on long stone on a Monday night at 8.15 pm , didn't complain, but rich you coming on saying it should be in Newry, Castlewellan suits us, will attract good crowd.Looking forward to a good game.

downjim

I think everyone wants to play in Newry, the game should have been taken to Pairc Esler on sat night

downjim

Do you think the county board would but the two SFC as a double bill. It would definitely get a great crowd.

elk

Quote from: downjim on September 12, 2018, 08:53:00 AM
I think everyone wants to play in Newry, the game should have been taken to Pairc Esler on sat night
Down Jim and smurfy agreeing on something, must be a good omen for CPN

downjim

If gives rain all day Saturday, it would be a good idea to move the SFC to 8 in Newry straight after the RFC and PRFC finals. Kilcoo was freezing the other night.