Cork v Tyrone

Started by ONeill, July 02, 2018, 10:01:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

redzone

Mattie seems to be playing a lot more defensively with burns maybe getting forward more. A great 3 weeks comping up

southtyronegael

Quote from: Jayop on July 07, 2018, 07:40:28 PM
It's kinda funny how when Kerry hockey them it's because Kerry are an amazing attacking side but when they we score even more against them it's purely down to Cork being shite.

Tyrone had the second highest average score last season. Tyrone have been a high scoring team for several years.
yeah very high scoring against mediocre teams. check out out our scoring average against the big teams this last 3 yrs in croke park.

Jayop

All teams in the top play shite teams too so it's irrelevant the point you're making.

southtyronegael

Quote from: Jayop on July 07, 2018, 07:55:23 PM
All teams in the top play shite teams too so it's irrelevant the point you're making.
so is yours then

ONeill

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 07, 2018, 07:33:56 PM
First time I have seen Cork live in person for a number of years. I can't understand how a side with their pick and tradition can be so woeful now.

Cork were completely disinterested.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hound

Quote from: ONeill on July 07, 2018, 08:15:46 PM
First time I have seen Cork live in person for a number of years. I can't understand how a side with their pick and tradition can be so woeful now.

I would have said uninterested!

Tyrone impressive, maybe it's my imagination, but they seem to have more proper ball players this year, like the years when they were champs.

Baggio90

Quote from: Hound on July 07, 2018, 08:52:34 PM

Tyrone impressive, maybe it's my imagination, but they seem to have more proper ball players this year, like the years when they were champs.

Not really much of a change in personnel this year, certainly having McAliskey back from injury is a good thing. We do seem to be leaving more players forward and Frank Burns is having a super year.

I don't think we're playing anywhere near as well as we were this time last year but on the plus side I think we are less one dimensional than last year.

ONeill

Quote from: Hound on July 07, 2018, 08:52:34 PM

You're correct, sorry.

Looked like fellas booked on a plane to Portrush for the summer.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Champion The Wonder Horse

Was today Tyrone's equivalent of the 2008 quarter final ?  The game where they leapt the ditch?

DuffleKing

Something I've been wondering about - do club teams in Tyrone have the same aversion to kicking the ball as Harte's lads or is this a style of play they learn when they get selected?

Surely there must be clubs who play football? Ejat way to the better teams play?

SkillfulBill

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 07, 2018, 10:29:28 PM

Something I've been wondering about - do club teams in Tyrone have the same aversion to kicking the ball as Harte's lads or is this a style of play they learn when they get selected?

Surely there must be clubs who play football? Ejat way to the better teams play?

Club football in Tyrone is actually very different than county. Tyrone clubs at senior level tend to be much more traditional with the exception of one or two club's such as mickeys Errigal

Jayop

Kinda funny to be crying about a lack of kicking on a day where Tyrone kicked the ball plenty.

DuffleKing

I.dont usually count off the tee

BennyHarp

It's embarrassing for you to make a bullshit observation like this on the day Tyrone hit 3-20. Pick your moments better if you want to be a wum!
That was never a square ball!!

RedHand88

Quote from: southtyronegael on July 07, 2018, 07:51:54 PM
Quote from: Jayop on July 07, 2018, 07:40:28 PM
It's kinda funny how when Kerry hockey them it's because Kerry are an amazing attacking side but when they we score even more against them it's purely down to Cork being shite.

Tyrone had the second highest average score last season. Tyrone have been a high scoring team for several years.
yeah very high scoring against mediocre teams. check out out our scoring average against the big teams this last 3 yrs in croke park.

1-21 last year versus Donegal. Or does clones not count? I can't keep up with these rules anymore.