Antrim Football Thread

Started by theskull1, November 09, 2006, 11:48:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: Dunsilly King on October 22, 2018, 03:04:48 PM
I think the question he asked was there any coached paid. And there have been, don't want to mention the peoples names as I don't think its fair as its common practise now days

There is a significant difference in paying for a Strength and Conditioning person than someone to coach/ manage the team.

Unless you know something the rest of us dont?

paddyjohn

It's been happening for years. I was at a wedding party a few weeks ago across the bann, one of the oul timers there was talking about it and how his brother got paid 40 years ago in turf and sticks for the winter from a club! Also he got his dinner in a house close to the pitch before "Training"

Personally I don't agree with paying huge amount of money to lads but it's a part of the game now.

Hectic

My bad. Forgot to say congratulations to Cargin. Some legacy from a lot of those lads.

Hejustkeepsdroppingballs

Dunsilly King

'I think the question he asked was there any coached paid. And there have been, don't want to mention the peoples names as I don't think its fair as its common practise now days'

I can assure you anyone from Dunloy who has managed or coached at any code has never received a penny.

When on the rare occasion someone from outside the club comes in and coaches etc they will get paid just like every other club in the GAA. You wouldn't expect anyone to travel to another club and put in hours and get nothing for it

Dunsilly King

I wasn't suggesting you paid your inside coaches, it was in reference to 'Belfast Gaa man' question about paying outside coaches that I responded.

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Dunsilly King on October 22, 2018, 03:04:48 PM
I think the question he asked was there any coached paid. And there have been, don't want to mention the peoples names as I don't think its fair as its common practise now days

None of our coaches are paid to take any teams.  I dont think I made that any clearer.
If a team wants to pay for a strength and conditioning coach or go to the gym to come in at various stages in the year then they can if they sort it out themselves.

We don't pay anyone to coach a team or manage them. 
hurl like f**k boi!

bannside

You can be 100% guaranteed that DC will have negotiated a sizable bonus in the event of winning the Mc Namee cup. And whilst the club will not be paying these "additional expenses" lol this duty will indeed fall to a few local businessmen. On top of the basic expense account.

That's largely the nature of the relationship between clubs chasing glory, and paid managers, and like it or not thats the way its going to stay until the Gaa make their rules more transparent.

delgany

Quote from: Mhic Easmuint on October 22, 2018, 06:50:38 AM
Quote from: Hectic on October 21, 2018, 09:52:00 PM
Quote from: farset on October 21, 2018, 09:08:39 PM
RE: League positions

If two teams are on equal points, it goes to head to heads.
If three teams are on equal points, head to heads go out the window and it comes down to points difference.

Same figuring out for next weekend in Div 2.

League Regulations here: https://antrim.gaa.ie/assets/documents/2018-All-County-League-Regulations.pdf
Point 3.07

Where there is a need to differentiate between teams on equal
points, the following criteria shall be used:

a. Where teams finish with equal points the outcome of the
meetings between the teams shall be the deciding
factor, except for in a one round league where the
deciding factors will be from b to d below .
b. The highest scoring difference. That is points scored minus
points conceded in the games played between the
teams
c. The highest score for'.
d. Play off

Where more than 2 teams are on equal points the issue will be
decided as per b above

For division 2A teams ...rule b to d will apply  as  it was a one round league  and not head to head.

country bumpkin

Quote from: bannside on October 22, 2018, 05:21:17 PM
You can be 100% guaranteed that DC will have negotiated a sizable bonus in the event of winning the Mc Namee cup. And whilst the club will not be paying these "additional expenses" lol this duty will indeed fall to a few local businessmen. On top of the basic expense account.

That's largely the nature of the relationship between clubs chasing glory, and paid managers, and like it or not thats the way its going to stay until the Gaa make their rules more transparent.
[/quote

Pot and kettle springs to mind BS, as does those living in a greenhouse...... ;)

Hectic

Quote from: delgany on October 22, 2018, 06:47:40 PM

If three teams are on equal points, head to heads go out the window and it comes down to points difference.

League Regulations here: https://antrim.gaa.ie/assets/documents/2018-All-County-League-Regulations.pdf
Point 3.07

teams
d. Play off

decided as per b above

For division 2A teams ...rule b to d will apply  as  it was a one round league  and not head to head.

Ah. So even though all teams in 2A will have played each other twice it still counts as a one way league? Flip back to the calculator though I am guessing will still work out as I suggested this morning provided GNM win as rule b will have the same impact as rule a in this instance.

Belfast GAA man

Quote from: Dunloy realist on October 22, 2018, 01:53:13 PM
The only ones paid in our club is a strength and conditioning coach in a gym etc. No one that manages any team in any code gets paid in our club.
Exactly as  thought. You don't get a coming together like you have in Dunloy with some manager/s being paid and some not. There are a few Belfast clubs who paid in the past and they have fallen down the Divisions since the money ran out and are now having to rebuild through their juveniles

imtommygunn

You live in a black and white world belfast gaa man.

If you can't get volunteers , or more to the point competent volunteers, to look after your team you have to look outside. That's just how it is.

I very much doubt all teams that have to go outside fall down the divisions.

We would all like our clubs to have nothing but local people at the helm but it isn't always feasible and that is not necessarily a reflection on a) the club or b) the people in it.

delgany

Quote from: Hectic on October 22, 2018, 07:45:29 PM

Point 3.07

teams
d. Play off

decided as per b above

Ah. So even though all teams in 2A will have played each other twice it still counts as a one way league? Flip back to the calculator though I am guessing will still work out as I suggested this morning provided GNM win as rule b will have the same impact as rule a in this instance.

That's a good point to be fair , was thinking in terms of some teams playing more home than away games . Definitely  a tight call for all three front runners.It could go anyway between  st.brids  , TNog  and GNM. 

Hectic

Quote from: delgany on October 22, 2018, 08:54:29 PM
Quote from: Hectic on October 22, 2018, 07:45:29 PM

Point 3.07

teams
d. Play off

decided as per b above

That's a good point to be fair , was thinking in terms of some teams playing more home than away games . Definitely  a tight call for all three front runners.It could go anyway between  st.brids  , TNog  and GNM.

Ultimately the real prize is promotion. GNM are my favourites to go up.

Head says St Brides to join them but I hope I am wrong. Nothing against them but Randalstown were my dark horse tip for promotion at the start of the year for anyone who would listen to me so would like to be correct with that one.

Sportacus

Aghagallon beat St Brigid's in the U14 County Final.  More hype  ;)