The Armagh Harps Thread

Started by Rufus T Firefly, November 10, 2006, 11:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

I was very sorry to hear that Jim Ryan died, his son Finbarr was my best man and a life long friend and I had a great time with Jim over the years.

My thoughts and prayers are with Jim, Finbarr and Colin and may Jim rest in peace.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: stew on April 10, 2015, 03:41:58 PM
I was very sorry to hear that Jim Ryan died, his son Finbarr was my best man and a life long friend and I had a great time with Jim over the years.

My thoughts and prayers are with Jim, Finbarr and Colin and may Jim rest in peace.

Well said Stew. I would count Jim as a close and personal friend and his efforts over many years for the Club were properly rewarded when he was inducted into our Hall of Fame back in 2012. A Banbrook Hill man through and through, I will remember him fondly as a hard working and loyal Club Man with a brilliant sense of humour. His passing leaves a gap on so many levels - Family, Community, Club - that cannot be replaced.

My sympathies to Mrs Ryan, Barry and Colin and the wider family circle.

Ar Dheis Dé go raibh a anam.

Throw ball

stew

stew

Gutted and destroyed by Cross again, they are a machine.

RealSpiritof98

Get in there. Proud of the lads tonight. Let's do this.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: RealSpiritof98 on August 27, 2017, 02:06:30 AM
Get in there. Proud of the lads tonight. Let's do this.

Performance of two halves. Up to about five minutes before half time, we led something like 3-8 to 0-3, having played some scintillating football, but shipped 1-1 before the interval to go in ahead 3-9 to 1-4.

In the second half, I thought we lost our way totally. We are not ruthless enough, and with the match seemingly won, we took our foot off the gas. We then conceded a needless second goal and St Pats began to believe again and they threw caution to the wind, piling forward, scoring further goals. At that stage I thought we had lost our shape, and found it difficult to regain any momentum, but managed to pick off a few points on the break and hold on for a five point victory.

Given it was the Championship, the result is everything, but there is obviously plenty to work on going forward. 

punt kick

Very disappointing crowd maybe they were catching a few zzz's for the big con sorry fight.

stew

Well we never do things the easy way, a main man sent off for a straight red, a very poor performance overall yet here we sit, victors and in the county final again, we await Cross or Maghery and we will be the biggest underdogs seen in years, that said a team that can play that poorly and win at that level has something going for them.

Well done players and management, belief is the keyand we are there, shure we might as well steal her from here and watch the shambles explode in delirium once again. )

punt kick

What was the red for, how did the keeper get a yellow and Nippy a red, have to admit I never saw what happened.

Rufus T Firefly

Semi-finals are about winning. Nothing else.

Stew is right - we are where we want to be and we have got there despite not playing particularly well since the first half in Crossmaglen way back in August. However we are getting over these tough hurdles.

Undoubtedly the step up in class for the final will be huge, regardless of the opposition, and we will go in as the long priced outsider in a two horse race. The next two weeks can hopefully help focus minds.

Like nearly every single person in the ground, with the exception of the two umpires, I did not see the Nippy incident but I will be very surprised to find he did something to warrant a red card whilst standing five yards from the umpires. 

armaghniac

Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 30, 2017, 01:36:25 PM
Like nearly every single person in the ground, with the exception of the two umpires, I did not see the Nippy incident but I will be very surprised to find he did something to warrant a red card whilst standing five yards from the umpires.

Would the corollary of this not be that even your average umpire can see that distance?
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

stew

Mystery foul?

I am gutted for Nippy, he is 32 and is a great servant to the club, he will be devastated at missing the final and he should be, the Harps will miss him and just makes things that much more difficult as if they are not hard enough!

The Harps are a very good side, we have not played well however if we hit top form in the final we will win this thing, Cross are not what they were and we always seem to do well against Maghery, punchers chance no matter who we get! Up Maghery :P

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: armaghniac on September 30, 2017, 02:09:17 PM
Quote from: Rufus T Firefly on September 30, 2017, 01:36:25 PM

Would the corollary of this not be that even your average umpire can see that distance?

Indeed.

RealSpiritof98

Delighted we are into another final. Just wanna wish John and the lads all the very best, some amount of effort has been put in over this past few years and I'd love to see them rewarded. We are up against it as Shane McConville has Maghery playing some stuff and I'm sure they have ambitions beyond the county title. Away to dust down the flag.