GAAGo and other gripes

Started by Captain Scarlet, May 09, 2023, 05:13:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rosnarun

Quote from: RedHand88 on June 28, 2023, 12:47:10 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 28, 2023, 12:42:27 PM
can any smart tv get GAAgo with any additional equipment

Yes

sorry meant without . im casting from my phone at the moment . or even a set top box
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Saffrongael

No issues with geo blocking or anything when you take your Irish subscription abroad ?
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

clonian

I used IPTV to watch some of the games but can't get every game on it. Last weekend the Down v Cavan match wasn't coming on the streams I had so I jumped onto the phone and GAAGO wouldn't let me buy it on that (might be a bank issue though) then jumped onto the laptop to buy the game and it wouldn't process the payment at all. As it was arsing about the Down match came onto one of the streaming channels so no harm done. Couldn't get the Donegal v Tyrone match on Saturday but was able to get the other 2 that afternoon.

I think GAAGo will be a good service but there's still a lot of shit internet both north and south. I might get the app for Saturday on the firestick and buy the 2 matches properly - you'd hope streaming out of croke park should give them less hassle.

armaghniac

Quote from: Saffrongael on June 28, 2023, 02:33:49 PM
No issues with geo blocking or anything when you take your Irish subscription abroad ?

I expect that you are OK if you want to watch a game that is on GAAgo in Ireland, but not if you want to watch one on RTÉ.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Saffrongael

Quote from: armaghniac on June 28, 2023, 02:57:10 PM

I expect that you are OK if you want to watch a game that is on GAAgo in Ireland, but not if you want to watch one on RTÉ.

Aye dead on, going on holiday this weekend so want to see Kerry v Tyrone but as it's a Gaa Go game should be grand
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

dec

Quote from: rosnarun on June 28, 2023, 02:27:55 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on June 28, 2023, 12:47:10 PM
Quote from: rosnarun on June 28, 2023, 12:42:27 PM
can any smart tv get GAAgo with any additional equipment

Yes

sorry meant without . im casting from my phone at the moment . or even a set top box

There is a Roku and FireTV app for GAAGo. I am in the US and have used both depending on which TV I am watching the game on.

markl121

Aye you can't watch rte player in Scotland even, had a f**king disaster the other week.

statto

I think GAAGO provides a good service.  I think it should have been marketed better as I wasn't aware of the volume of games they actually show and missed the "early bird" offer.  Think I paid £67 quid for the service, last Saturday was able to watch the 3 games at home, it would have cost me around that to attend the 3 games( aware that logistically not possible).  I would have Sky tv so originally was annoyed when heard they had pulled out and saw GAAgo as in my head was additional expense, but have moved away from that now. 

Understand it is not ideal for elderly, but surely there is some sort of carer in place from a younger generation who could help with this if they are unable to attend games?  I would have more of a gripe with the ticket prices the gaa have for games with no jeopardy in the group stages of tailteann and sam maguire than the costs associated with GAAgo. 

armaghniac

Quote from: markl121 on June 28, 2023, 05:04:57 PM

Aye you can't watch rte player in Scotland even, had a f**king disaster the other week.

You can fork out for GaaGo and stop being so Scottish.

markl121

Quote from: armaghniac on June 29, 2023, 01:20:24 PM

Can you watch rte games on gaa go?

armaghniac

Quote from: markl121 on June 29, 2023, 01:31:52 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on June 29, 2023, 01:20:24 PM

Can you watch rte games on gaa go?

Overseas, you can.
These will be included in an overseas subscription, but obviously not in an Irish one.

markl121

Grand, genuinely didn't know that, assumed gaago was just the games not on rte player. I don't have an overseas subscription anyway

SHEEDY

Quote from: statto on June 29, 2023, 12:02:58 PM
I think GAAGO provides a good service.  I think it should have been marketed better as I wasn't aware of the volume of games they actually show and missed the "early bird" offer.  Think I paid £67 quid for the service, last Saturday was able to watch the 3 games at home, it would have cost me around that to attend the 3 games( aware that logistically not possible).  I would have Sky tv so originally was annoyed when heard they had pulled out and saw GAAgo as in my head was additional expense, but have moved away from that now. 

Understand it is not ideal for elderly, but surely there is some sort of carer in place from a younger generation who could help with this if they are unable to attend games?  I would have more of a gripe with the ticket prices the gaa have for games with no jeopardy in the group stages of tailteann and sam maguire than the costs associated with GAAgo.
ticket prices would be more of a gripe with me as well, with games so condensed now the cost of attending/ traveling to matches soon adds up.
nil satis nisi optimum

Main Street

The season ticket price is a very good deal but not the match day price.

Considering that all of a sudden it's mostly all on GAAGO and the  hoops that people have to go through to view a match on tv, I think they could offer  ( for a 2 years period to Irish domiciled with a season subscription)  a basic android box with the GAAGO app already set up, ready to connect to the homeowners tv with a hdmi cable, offer it  with basic delivery + set up cost. I seriously doubt that there's no one in any family network incapable of connecting a device via  hdmi cable and operating an android box remote control.

A minimalist android box with hdmi standard are 2 a penny, but even so regardless, in all probability most potential subscribers would choose to figure out how to install the GAAGO android app onto their TV  rather than pay a few euros more.