Fermanagh v Armagh Brewster Pk Sat 19th May 7:00pm

Started by illdecide, May 10, 2018, 09:08:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

illdecide

Any major injuries for the teams? Everything has been very low key
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

bennydorano

Avondhu star

Whatever about the Ulster championship it will be interesting to see how the Dubs would do if the "Super 8s" land them in Clones to meet Armagh Tyrone or Donegal
Lee Harvey Oswald , your country needs you

BennyCake

Quote from: Avondhu star on May 12, 2018, 11:49:24 PM
Whatever about the Ulster championship it will be interesting to see how the Dubs would do if the "Super 8s" land them in Clones to meet Armagh Tyrone or Donegal

Why would they be playing any of those three in Clones?  :o

David McKeown

I thought it was already announced that if Dublin make the super 8's all of their games will be in Croke Park?
2022 Allianz League Prediction Competition Winner

Farrandeelin

Quote from: David McKeown on May 13, 2018, 07:18:51 AM
I thought it was already announced that if Dublin make the super 8's all of their games will be in Croke Park?

2 of them.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

ardtole

Every team is to play one home game, one away game and one game in croke park. Therefore Dublin get two games in croke park, despite Dublin supporters arguing over the years that Parnell park was their home ground.

A better and fairer option I would have thought would be, one home match, one away match and one neutral venue each.

LCohen

Quote from: bennydorano on May 12, 2018, 06:22:14 PM
One sure thing - it'll be hard watched.

Draw.

Regrettably that is probably the safest bet of all.

Recent encounters have been dull.

The deficiencies in both sides are obvious. Armagh at least try to play football. But they need to be braver against packed defences. Too often we abandon our own game plan and just mimic the opposition or just become too consevative. Our game plan of ball into the full firwards won't work if the transition of the ball into midfield is in the hand it through the hands. It must move quickly.

We surely must have done serious work on tackling and discipline. The horrible fear is that if we haven't done that then all the work done on everything else and all the sacrifices made by the lads will come to nothing.

Fermanagh are a different story. They have a more than decent midfield and half back line and the FF line could click if given the right ball. They are not a bad team but going by the league they are probably the worst team in Ireland to watch. Their game plan is hideously negative. Their off the ball stuff is too obvious for a referee to pretend he ands his officials didn't see any of it. Expect plenty of yellow cards for both sides.

A lot will come down to whether Armagh have the belief in their game plan. Fermanagh's gameplay is limited to the point of being 3 bullet points on a white board. But the players believe in it, even when trailing. Armagh's plan is a bit more expansive. That makes it easier on the eye. But it only gets you anywhere if you believe in it when the chips are down

tonto1888

Planning on heading down early on Saturday to catch the Scottish Cup final. Can anyone recommend a pub where we could watch it and get some food?

The Bearded One

Willie Ramblers is the local CSC Bar, I am almost certain they do food. If not there are any number of fast food outlets along the whole street!

It is a 5 minute walk to Brewster Park from there.
It is what it is. Presumably.

BennyCake

Quote from: tonto1888 on May 14, 2018, 04:32:18 PM
Planning on heading down early on Saturday to catch the Scottish Cup final. Can anyone recommend a pub where we could watch it and get some food?

Fivemiletown Celtic supporters club?

balladmaker

Planning on bringing the young fella to the game, he's 7 so would prefer a stand ticket for him.  When I look at booking online, choose the East Stand, 1 adult / 1 juvenile, it gives me two tickets in different rows, V26 & W5.  I don't know the stand layout but would have thought they'd keep a parent and child together.

illdecide

Quote from: balladmaker on May 15, 2018, 12:03:27 AM
Planning on bringing the young fella to the game, he's 7 so would prefer a stand ticket for him.  When I look at booking online, choose the East Stand, 1 adult / 1 juvenile, it gives me two tickets in different rows, V26 & W5.  I don't know the stand layout but would have thought they'd keep a parent and child together.

Prob send you opposite opposite ends of the ground.

This is the quietest I've heard from an Armagh camp in a long time, no one's tipping them for anything. There's been no word of injuries or shenanigans, it's like they aren't playing...
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Captain Obvious

I have a bad feeling for Armagh in this fixture. The Brewster park factor could be key for Fermanagh and the ref will need to be strong for what will likely be a bruising encounter.

Orior

Quote from: Captain Obvious on May 15, 2018, 03:17:08 PM
I have a bad feeling for Armagh in this fixture. The Brewster park factor could be key for Fermanagh and the ref will need to be strong for what will likely be a bruising encounter.

Fermanagh wont want to meet Tyrone for a hammering. Armagh will give Tyrone a good game and might even beat them. Heck, I'd even go as far to say that this year will see Armagh's first Ulster Final appearance since.... the last one.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians