Laois footballers the Championship 2018 What went on and the review!

Started by Unlaoised, April 10, 2018, 10:25:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unison

I hope Colin Kelly is not gone. He seems to have spread disharmony there. A new manager would give them a boost.

Laoiseabu

Does this mean some of the players that left the panel last week may decide to return now?

les Antiques

Well I do know heslin wasn't playing by choice so his return will lift them . Not sure about Dolan and the others .

Unlaoised

Why can't we ever get lucky....To play a Westmeath without Heslin or a Kildare without Flynn they always miss other games but we never get a break!
LAOIS ABÚ

Uisce

Westmeath GAA Twitter account just tweeted an interview with Kelly about this weekends game so couldn't imagine he's no longer involved!  ;)

justinn

As we look forward to this weekends big game Westmeath are battling with injuries and absentees ahead of Saturday's Leinster SFC clash with Laois in Tullamore, but manager Colin Kelly is in confident mode his side will give a good account of themselves.

Kelly is without talented wing back James Dolan, who is playing football in Boston for the summer months, while team captain John Heslin is battling with a hip injury ahead of Saturday's big game. Despite these setbacks, it's all systems go for the Lake County.

"James Dolan's loss is a big blow and John Heslin is battling with that hip flexor injury, but we have a strong panel and the players are really looing forward to what is a big test against Laois. I have every confidence in the squad and the players will not be found wanting for effort. I'm looking forward to what should be a good contest," said Kelly.
Westmeath will welcome back the likes of Darragh Daly and Denis Corroon which will seriously boost their strength at midfield, while Ger Egan, Kieran Martin, Callum McCormack and Jamie Gonoud are seasoned campaigners at this level.

Saturday's midlands derby has a 5pm throw-in time and it is, of course, a repeat of the 2004 Leinster final, in which Westmeath triumphed after a replay.

Best of luck lads!!

#WestmeathGaa #IarmhiAbu