Thank God it was not a draw!

Started by From the Bunker, September 18, 2017, 12:23:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sligoman2

Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2017, 07:00:00 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 19, 2017, 06:21:31 PM
Calm down Sligoman2.
I for once hoped the Rhubarbs would win on Sunday and think it's tough on them to lose 4 AI Finals in 6 years 3 of them by a point.
However I reserve the right to slag them and have banter especially in a thread where one of their own is saying  tongue in cheek -thank God we lost.

sligoman2's sense of perspective seems to be curiously lacking only when it comes to Roscommon posters.. I wonder why..

I should lick my chops and answer this, but it's too inviting. 
I have no idea Sy....
I used to be indecisive but now I'm not too sure.

Owenmoresider

Quote from: sligoman2 on September 19, 2017, 06:06:16 PM
You are missing the point Owenmoresider, I was a Mayo supporter on Sunday, I do feel sorry for them and I was offended by the abuse hurled at them earlier in the thread...
Again, not the time to do this...
I was referring to what Seanie had said about what he seen at the game on Sunday. It's one thing preferring to see Mayo beat Dublin, but to behave as though it was Sligo themselves playing out there is bizarre.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 20, 2017, 09:05:25 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 20, 2017, 08:53:06 AM
I imagine the majority of Mayo fans would have bitten your hand off for a draw when Rock popped over that free kick in injury time. It must seem like a long way back to an AI final with this team from here.

I've heard the same comment the last 4 years.

This generation are coming to an end but there's probably another year in them, their 2 oldest outfield players had will both win All Stars.
Will Andy Moran ever have a season again like he just had?

Maroon Manc

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 20, 2017, 02:51:49 PM
Quote from: Maroon Manc on September 20, 2017, 09:05:25 AM
Quote from: yellowcard on September 20, 2017, 08:53:06 AM
I imagine the majority of Mayo fans would have bitten your hand off for a draw when Rock popped over that free kick in injury time. It must seem like a long way back to an AI final with this team from here.

I've heard the same comment the last 4 years.

This generation are coming to an end but there's probably another year in them, their 2 oldest outfield players had will both win All Stars.
Will Andy Moran ever have a season again like he just had?

He's 34 in the next few months it would be obvious to suggest not but given he's just had his best ever season how could anyone write him off. Its certainly an ageing Mayo team, from the team that started Sunday 5 players are 30 and another 6 heading for 30 inside the next 2 years.