AIB Jeff and Kammy road to Croker

Started by mrdeeds, September 05, 2017, 04:36:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

T Fearon

Premature to say that.At 133 years of age,it is younger than many pubs and businesses in Ireland

rosnarun

i suspect these professional broacasters of professional sport are only doing it for the money.
seem like good loads though ,
i always have time for Jeff for his anti london diatribe in defense of  Hartlepool
very funny but as true here as there
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 26, 2017, 04:08:56 PM
Quote from: seafoid on September 26, 2017, 03:39:03 PM
The GAA is one of the few Irish institutions with any staying power

In comparison to?
FF, the PTAA,  Northern Ireland most likely, Dünnes Stores, AIB , Irish Life and Permanent, the Provos, the RTÉ  guide, Independent newspapers, SPUC, the Legion of Mary, the Mercy order, neoliberalism etc
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2017, 11:10:39 PM
Enjoyable but not sure what the purpose was? No doubt the same two lads would find American Football enthralling, shinty in Scotland or bull fighting in Spain,and come out with the same platitudes anywhere and everywhere,in return for the fat fees AIB were paying them.In short what was the point of all this?

You're some miserable hoor

Frank_The_Tank

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on September 26, 2017, 05:34:48 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on September 25, 2017, 11:10:39 PM
Enjoyable but not sure what the purpose was? No doubt the same two lads would find American Football enthralling, shinty in Scotland or bull fighting in Spain,and come out with the same platitudes anywhere and everywhere,in return for the fat fees AIB were paying them.In short what was the point of all this?

You're some miserable hoor

Has Jim Allister and Tony ever been seen in the same room?
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

T Fearon

Just asking what was the point of it all? I doubt Jeff and Kammy will ever return to watch GAA,at their own expense.Both they and the likes of John Bishop had seats at the All Ireland Final at the expense of ordinary fans

From the Bunker

Quote from: T Fearon on September 26, 2017, 10:02:01 PM
Just asking what was the point of it all? I doubt Jeff and Kammy will ever return to watch GAA,at their own expense.Both they and the likes of John Bishop had seats at the All Ireland Final at the expense of ordinary fans

My next door neighbour who could not name a current Mayo player had seats at the All Ireland Final at the expense of ordinary fans! I seen heaps of unworthy fans at the AI final. Such is the nature of life!

Frank_The_Tank

I dont know many ordinary fans that have seats in the media centre area
Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience

rosnarun

Quote from: From the Bunker on September 26, 2017, 10:12:29 PM

My next door neighbour who could not name a current Mayo player had seats at the All Ireland Final at the expense of ordinary fans! I seen heaps of unworthy fans at the AI final. Such is the nature of life!
don't think they was  a point other than to promote the AIB.
but they did a good job had a bit of fun and gave the GAA a bit of out of the normal coverage, isn't that enough ?
Life is not that complicated
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

seafoid

At least the Archbishop didn't throw the ball in to start the game
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

brokencrossbar1

Maybe there should be 'reality' program done about the brilliance of the Catholic Church in Ireland...Tony might like that. Get Ardal O Hanlon and Abu Hamza touring wee Irish parishes in an old style VW van preserved from the 1960's to see what the local masses are like !!!

Jinxy

How many times have you had a seat at the expense of ordinary fans?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

T Fearon

Right we need two British soccer commentators to tell us our games are great,community, and everyone sits together blah blah blah,and imagine the players do it all for nothing (as opposed to the huge sums the games sponsors pay two British soccer commentators to do this).

Did anyone in Ireland with a modicum of interest learn anything new about the GAA from this series.Do we really need people from other countries tellling us that our games are great? I don't.

Syferus

You'd think you'd get better at the WUMing you do it so much, but no. That's the most disappointing part.

BennyCake

Quote from: T Fearon on September 27, 2017, 10:46:03 PM
Right we need two British soccer commentators to tell us our games are great,community, and everyone sits together blah blah blah,and imagine the players do it all for nothing (as opposed to the huge sums the games sponsors pay two British soccer commentators to do this).

Did anyone in Ireland with a modicum of interest learn anything new about the GAA from this series.Do we really need people from other countries tellling us that our games are great? I don't.

I think it's an insecurity with Irish people. We seem to want to be constantly liked and need constant reassurance from outsiders about how great we are.

You see it when Irish fans go abroad. Last year at Euros, they picked up their rubbish and changed an auld dolls tyre. Would they do that at home? Would they feck.