Where now for Tyrone?

Started by bennydorano, August 27, 2017, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AhNowRef

Quote from: screenexile on September 05, 2017, 11:45:48 PM
Quote from: thebuzz on September 05, 2017, 11:40:39 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 05, 2017, 10:40:15 PM
Amazing anyone could think this Tyrone side could be any better with anyone else.

Whatever Harte's faults no one will do better for Tyrone than him. Bet there'll be no player revolt there. Who do dissatisfied Tyrone supporters think should manage in his place?

They want Logan and Dooher and who can blame them? Ulster's and McKenna cups mean very little anymore and they need some fresh thinking to get over the line. Many Tyrone men will tell you that the best players aren't playing for the county because they don't fit into the "system" Logan and Dooher could at least wipe the slate clean in that regard.

Probably cheaper too!!

lol .. Can someone tell me why a Londonderry man is posting on a Gaelic football site?   :o

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2017, 03:19:38 PM
Is it impossible for Tyronies to respond on topic to a post without reference to how shite the other poster's own county is? Childish & tiresome whataboutery.

There's plenty of posts on this thread that don't reference other counties.  But lets be honest, there's people who are equally childish from neighboring counties who are delighted to dance on the Tyrone corpse despite the fact that Tyrone still won Ulster at a canter. 
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

trueblue1234

I know it was. It was gut wrenching. But we were beat by a far better team. It happens in football. I don't believe any other manager would have gotten us any closer to Dublin. They are a level above everyone at the minute in my opinion. I would be surprised to see them not run out 5 point victors against Mayo (Sorry Mayo lads, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong).
I think we are all playing for second place at the minute as I think Dublin will continue to get stronger. 

longballin

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 06, 2017, 03:51:36 PM
I know it was. It was gut wrenching. But we were beat by a far better team. It happens in football. I don't believe any other manager would have gotten us any closer to Dublin. They are a level above everyone at the minute in my opinion. I would be surprised to see them not run out 5 point victors against Mayo (Sorry Mayo lads, and I sincerely hope I'm wrong).
I think we are all playing for second place at the minute as I think Dublin will continue to get stronger.

aye but at least have a cut at them... was lowest tackle count against the Dubs in recent years...

redhandefender

Is it impossible for Tyronies to respond on topic to a post without reference to how shite the other poster's own county is? Childish & tiresome whataboutery.

Someone from another county starts a thread about tyrone on the main board so that a queue can line up to have a dig at them.

Yes you turkey expect me to go on the offensive if you are having a go!

And I will always call hypocrisy, a man from Sligo slating the way tyrone play football, please God!

trueblue1234

I know, poor day at the office and I can understand why everyone is frustrated. I came out of Croke Park feeling the worst I ever did after a Tyrone game. But we have to view it logically. We looked a level above everyone else in Ulster this year and I would think we would give either of Kerry or Mayo a game. Yes i would have hoped we would have given Dublin a better game of it, but we've have to chalk that down and learn from it. I just don't think that because we were beat by the best team I've seen play the sport, that we need to start from scratch. We are still in a much better place than most counties and that's not a god given right either. 

bennydorano

Quote from: redhandefender on September 06, 2017, 04:02:25 PM

Someone from another county starts a thread about tyrone on the main board so that a queue can line up to have a dig at them.

And I will always call hypocrisy, a man from Sligo slating the way tyrone play football, please God!
Why is it hypocritical? How would you know what way Sligo play, tactically or asthetically? It's the direness of Tyrone that is the issue, not the trophy count.

trueblue1234

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2017, 04:18:02 PM

Why is it hypocritical? How would you know what way Sligo play, tactically or asthetically? It's the direness of Tyrone that is the issue, not the trophy count.

I don't know if it's just that having a horse in the race make it better but I've had no problem watching Tyrone this year. In fact some of their long range scoring has been great to watch and with McCann, Harte, Sludden and Cavanagh (Colly) they've had some of the best players in Ireland. Then only boring aspect has been the ease at which they progressed this year. And tbh I don't think that helped them as the hype built and they were never really under any pressure in any of the games. So the step up when they came to Dublin was huge.

trueblue1234

Where ever they go they will do so without Justin McMahon. No big surprise but was a great footballer before being hounded with injuries.

tonto1888

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 06, 2017, 04:34:13 PM
Where ever they go they will do so without Justin McMahon. No big surprise but was a great footballer before being hounded with injuries.

Has he called it a day?

trueblue1234

redhandefender

Quote from: bennydorano on September 06, 2017, 04:18:02 PM

You made the so called "direness" of tyrone the issue. I am telling you that a team with 3 wins in div 3 must be a joy t watch!

Tyrone in full steam are great to watch. As I say there is a reason the cameras don't roll up to watch you boys

AhNowRef

Armagh are crap  >:(
ok, only joking  ::)  lol

AhNowRef

Quote from: trueblue1234 on September 06, 2017, 03:51:36 PM

Am I the only one who thinks that the Dubs arent exactly as "unbeatable" as everyone is making out ?

We were "absolute sh1te" on the day, we stood off them, never laid a hand on them .. We would have made anyone look good...
Maybe Im wrong but I honestly dont think they're all they're being cracked up to be .. very good yes but still overrated IMHO.

Mayo for SAM  :o

Wildweasel74

Another 3yrs G its turning into a Gerry Adams dictatorship where 1 man runs the show not the whole! Defensive football; it hasnt gone away u know!!