Where now for Tyrone?

Started by bennydorano, August 27, 2017, 07:25:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solo_run

While Dublin are around nobody will be winning an All Ireland playing defensive football.

There are two issues with Tyrone atm, Harte has been building his tactics around trying to beat Dublin and today after 2/3 years of development they were found out.

So now they are going to have to change again which will require another 2/3 years of development. Does he have the appetite to try again? and can he do it?

In short He has been a great manager for Tyrone but while Dublin are around he won't be winning any more All Irelands 

ONeill

We just need someone else to beat Dublin.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

longballin

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2017, 10:51:15 PM

... and Mayo and Kerry

ONeill

Quote from: longballin on August 27, 2017, 10:54:54 PM

... and Mayo and Kerry

No I think Tyrone would handle both.

Wildweasel74

Find some tall scoring forwards in the county would be a must for Tyrone. Bradley too small and no support to count against big strong teams, Play McClure at midfield next year, play Donnelly either 6 or 11 where he can influence a game, find a full back line that are capable of marking 1 on 1 like the Mayo defenders, nail down a excellent free taker and most importantly change your style of player to play 3/4 forwards up front and get back to playing attacking football with class

longballin

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2017, 10:56:11 PM

... and Mayo and Kerry

Havent since 2008... not as good as we think we are. Nowhere near it

ONeill

Quote from: longballin on August 27, 2017, 10:57:21 PM
Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2017, 10:56:11 PM

... and Mayo and Kerry

Havent since 2008... not as good as we think we are. Nowhere near it

True, but a kick of a ball really. 

ONeill

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 27, 2017, 10:56:28 PM
Find some tall scoring forwards in the county would be a must for Tyrone. Bradley too small and no support to count against big strong teams, Play McClure at midfield next year, play Donnelly either 6 or 11 where he can influence a game, find a full back line that are capable of marking 1 on 1 like the Mayo defenders, nail down a excellent free taker and most importantly change your style of player to play 3/4 forwards up front and get back to playing attacking football with class

Good analysis. Also 2 passengers that denies all rational thought.

Il Bomber Destro

A very rude awakening.

Hard to know really, tactically we were exposed but we weren't helped by the non-shows by a number of players.

longballin

After that maybe looking at two All Stars... Colm Cavanagh... Padraig Hampsey...  thoughts?

ONeill

Think Colm and Harte the only possibles. Would love to see Colm get one.

Mikhailov

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 27, 2017, 10:56:28 PM

True, but this analysis applies to all counties

Wildweasel74

there be no all stars, Tom Parsons will get one if he squeezes out Fenton and McCarthy, Small will get no.6

Mikhailov

Quote from: ONeill on August 27, 2017, 11:07:56 PM
Think Colm and Harte the only possibles. Would love to see Colm get one.

1 all star possibility - Colm.

Con O'Callaghan put an end to Hampsey hopes....

longballin

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on August 27, 2017, 11:10:51 PM
there be no all stars, Tom Parsons will get one if he squeezes out Fenton and McCarthy, Small will get no.6

Will def get All Stars... never seen a team yet reach semi-final and win provence and not get one or two...