All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2017, 06:29:04 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 27, 2017, 06:27:28 PM
Dublin haven't been great this year either. They lost their league title and could have found themselves level against Kildare with 20 to go if Kildare took their easy goal chance. Dublin will be favourites of course but Mayo will take them on and play a few forwards up front.

Yet they have won every single match pulling up.

Sin é. The curse isn't ending in 2017.

The oracle has spoken, given how accurate youve been all summer we may as well not turn up
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Captain Scarlet

The Dubs have so much firepower and experience on the bench which is huge, but the biggest plus must be O'Callaghan performing so well. They haven't needed to be so far, but they are probably better than last year.
In a strange way, although they have wobbled at times, Mayo seem to have found more inside themselves and they are set up to have one last crack at it.
Lee Keegan is due a massive game and AOS going back out the filed is almost like getting a new man back. Boyle and Higgins are flying huge and Kev McLoughlin getting on the scoreboard was another plus from Saturday.

It is Dublin's to lose considering the players they have. But, this Mayo team have proven to be absolutely insane this year so you never know.
them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

INDIANA

Quote from: Zulu on August 27, 2017, 07:05:51 PM
Quote from: straightred on August 27, 2017, 06:57:59 PM
Quote from: Zulu on August 27, 2017, 06:45:11 PM
Mayo have a great chance. They are significantly better than Tyrone at the moment and unlike Tyrone, they'll ask the Dublin players questions by taking them on. They'll defend players and not simply fill space. If I was a Tyrone man I'd be disgusted today because you had a chance today if you didn't tie yourself to a system that never had a chance of being successful.

The only reason mayo are still in it is that they haven't played this dublin team yet. I'm coming round to the idea that this is the best team i've seen in the flesh ever (and i'm no spring chicken). Tactically it will play out different the next day but the outcome will be a comfortable dublin win

Dublin may well win but I doubt it will be comfortable. Dublin didn't beat Mayo comfortably last year so why would they do it this year?

Dublin are a much better side this year . And are performing much better . Mayo have improved too. But Dublin have a higher ceiling in my view

mrhardyannual

Any chance that the GAA will abandon this year's football finals as Kerry and Dublin have the titles sewn up. Mayo and Derry supporters could be invited to a workshop on "Dealing with patronising commentary".

Syferus

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 27, 2017, 08:11:44 PM
Dublin haven't been great this year either. They lost their league title and could have found themselves level against Kildare with 20 to go if Kildare took their easy goal chance. Dublin will be favourites of course but Mayo will take them on and play a few forwards up front.

The oracle has spoken, given how accurate youve been all summer we may as well not turn up

You really picked a bad weekend to pull that carrot out of the ground.

charlieTully

Mayo battle hardened after so many extra time dramas and replays. Hitting peak form at the right time??

straightred

Quote from: Captain Scarlet on August 27, 2017, 09:20:30 PM
The Dubs have so much firepower and experience on the bench which is huge, but the biggest plus must be O'Callaghan performing so well. They haven't needed to be so far, but they are probably better than last year.
In a strange way, although they have wobbled at times, Mayo seem to have found more inside themselves and they are set up to have one last crack at it.
Lee Keegan is due a massive game and AOS going back out the filed is almost like getting a new man back. Boyle and Higgins are flying huge and Kev McLoughlin getting on the scoreboard was another plus from Saturday.

It is Dublin's to lose considering the players they have. But, this Mayo team have proven to be absolutely insane this year so you never know.
They should leave him at the back. Playing through him slows it up too much

Jinxy

Where would you play AOS now?
I'd have him around midfield drifting back as opposed to HF drifting back.
The forwards are playing much better as a unit without him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Wildweasel74

somebody should tell Ciaran kilkenny he still allowed to shoot for points, he had serious scoring power a few years back but seems to get applause for his possession stats most for what he takes from a Dublin man standing 5 m beside him

Captain Scarlet

Maybe have AOS at 6-ish so that he is mostly facing his own goals and there is less of a tendency to play through him. That still leaves his bulk there and he also can drive forward with the ball.
McCarthy was class today along with McCaffrey and they will take serious watching.
Would it be worthwhile putting a specific man on Kilkenny as he gets on so much ball. Granted he is not as potent as other times but he is nearly always their link man and the option in terms of supporting the man on the ball.

them mysterons are always killing me but im grand after a few days.sickenin aul dose all the same.

Mayo4Sam

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2017, 09:39:40 PM
Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 27, 2017, 08:11:44 PM

You really picked a bad weekend to pull that carrot out of the ground.

Why is that? U did say Kerry would win didn't you? An you've claimed at various points in the year that Harrison, Vaughan, AOS, Keegan and Andy are either not good enough or finished, just the three all stars at least from them. You're the biggest clown on this forum (which is quiet the accolade) and you make these statements like they're gospel.

trileacman

Quote from: Jinxy on August 27, 2017, 10:44:07 PM
Where would you play AOS now?
I'd have him around midfield drifting back as opposed to HF drifting back.
The forwards are playing much better as a unit without him.

He slows the forward play up something horrid. I'd throw him at 14 or else as you say at the back.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Mayo4Sam

I think Kilkenny is more of a hindrance than a help to Dublin the way he's playing. The more he gets on the ball the better as far as I'm concerned, he slows it down so much, allows a team to get set up defensively

trileacman

Quote from: Mayo4Sam on August 27, 2017, 11:29:12 PM
I think Kilkenny is more of a hindrance than a help to Dublin the way he's playing. The more he gets on the ball the better as far as I'm concerned, he slows it down so much, allows a team to get set up defensively

I'd agree. He's nothing like what he's hyped to be.

trileacman

What's the match ups likely to be? Barrett on o'Callaghan, harrison on mannion, Boyle on Kilkenny, Vaughan/cafferkey on Andrews, keegan on whom? Who'll pick up Moran. Doc and coc?