All Ireland Football Final 2017 Mayo V Dublin

Started by never kickt a ball, August 27, 2017, 07:24:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: sid waddell on September 19, 2017, 11:37:25 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2017, 11:22:49 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2017, 11:21:04 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2017, 11:16:18 PM
Keegan went up in my estimation over the GPS thing. Winners try anything to get an advantage in a massive game and anyone close to the Tyrone teams in the 2000s in those 3 All Irelands will tell you just as much. Anyone who thinks they're won by sheer good footballing shouldn't be near it. Witness O'Gara who tired to gouge a lad yet the furore is over a GPS.

But, fcuk sake Mayo.

Some of the greatest players and men who ever player the sport never lowered themselves to Keegan's antics, nevermind Tyrone's.

I'd imagine, and might be guessing, that you haven't a clue what goes on on a field.
John Tennyson threw a hurley at full force at Lar Corbett in the 2010 final and barely a word was said about it. That was a far worse incident than Keegan's, which you'd have to admire for its ingenuity.
Surely bettered by the Kilkenny spare hurley man bounding onto the field and flinging a caman at Setanta O'hAilpin as he bore down on goal in the 2003 All Ireland.

criostlinn

Quote from: Hill16 Blues on September 19, 2017, 11:38:08 PM
This site is inhabited by a small number of fair minded, balanced individuals but in the main by a bunch of hate filled cnuts! its hard to work out which particular group here is worse, the bitter, chip on the shoulder Northern haters or the desperate delusional Mayo Dub hating contingent?? Always someone else's' fault. Always an excuse no matter how you fcuk up yourselves. Denial lads - it ain't a bleedin river in Egypt 😀

I suppose it doesn't matter a fcuk! It's just brilliant and an honour to bear witness to this Dublin team, the way they play the game, the skill, the mental resolve and their pure never say die ability to win tough football matches. And you know what lads your jealousy, hatred, pathetic small minded innuendos & lies just makes our triumphs so much the sweeter.

As we've come to say in Dublin GAA circles fcuk the haters and most definitely fcuk the begrudgers! See y'all again in 12 months COYBIB! #4inarow

You know Sam is truly resting in the capital when this man logs in to have his yearly outburst

Syferus

Quote from: criostlinn on September 20, 2017, 12:36:33 AM
This site is inhabited by a small number of fair minded, balanced individuals but in the main by a bunch of hate filled cnuts! its hard to work out which particular group here is worse, the bitter, chip on the shoulder Northern haters or the desperate delusional Mayo Dub hating contingent?? Always someone else's' fault. Always an excuse no matter how you fcuk up yourselves. Denial lads - it ain't a bleedin river in Egypt 😀

I suppose it doesn't matter a fcuk! It's just brilliant and an honour to bear witness to this Dublin team, the way they play the game, the skill, the mental resolve and their pure never say die ability to win tough football matches. And you know what lads your jealousy, hatred, pathetic small minded innuendos & lies just makes our triumphs so much the sweeter.

As we've come to say in Dublin GAA circles fcuk the haters and most definitely fcuk the begrudgers! See y'all again in 12 months COYBIB! #4inarow

You know Sam is truly resting in the capital when this man logs in to have his yearly outburst

That account is likely a troll rather than a real Dublin supporter.

Captain Obvious

Is Rochford hinting he may step aside? if he does i can imagine James Horan will return to the Mayo hot seat.

mrhardyannual

Quote from: Syferus on September 19, 2017, 11:21:04 PM
Quote from: ONeill on September 19, 2017, 11:16:18 PM
Keegan went up in my estimation over the GPS thing. Winners try anything to get an advantage in a massive game and anyone close to the Tyrone teams in the 2000s in those 3 All Irelands will tell you just as much. Anyone who thinks they're won by sheer good footballing shouldn't be near it. Witness O'Gara who tired to gouge a lad yet the furore is over a GPS.

But, fcuk sake Mayo.

Some of the greatest players and men who ever player the sport never lowered themselves to Keegan's antics, nevermind Tyrone's.
The gentleman whose photo appears with your moniker was one of them. A gentleman who played within the rules on the field and was an inspirational figure off the field. He set a high standard, firm but fair in all aspects of his life. It's a pity you don't always reflect on that, Syferus, before you post some of your more provocative utterances.

Maroon Manc

They don't want our sympathy but you'd have to feel sorry for Mayo, was a heartbreaking defeat for them.

Apart from his sending off Vaughan had a poor game, his daft long ball into COC in the first half and him running down into Dublin defenders both led to Dublin scores seconds later whilst a lazy challenge on another Dublin forward led to a score from a free. Connolly & Kevin Mc both did well when they came on but the HT switches resulted in Durcan been switched from Mannion to Kevin Mc. Harrison was given the run around by Mannion, nearly everytime he gained possession in in the 2nd half a score was never far away.

At half time given how outstanding and dominant Mayo were a point lead never seemed enough with Keegan, Durcan and COC all guilty of missing very easy chances. Dublin found it far easier to score in the second half than Mayo did, they engineered some great individual scores and were more efficient than Mayo in the 1st half. 11 points from play is in a half is outstanding against a team as good as Mayo.

Lucky Jim got out of jail, tactically Rochford had his number on Sunday but because of the age profile of a good few of the Mayo players and the lack of quality coming of the bench hindered Mayo.

I'd imagine the likes of Moran, SOS, Boyle & Higgins will give it another year and they'll be back in the closing stages again next year but really need to use the league to find another couple of players to enhance their chances.

TheGreatest

Great post my friend and I agree. However It makes me smile that they are hurting so much.

mup

And posts like this is the reason why.

Esmarelda

Surely post of the year. I see so much hate but where is the love?

And the "denial" joke........ ;D ;D ;D

vallankumous

Quote from: Esmarelda on September 20, 2017, 10:06:33 AM

Surely post of the year. I see so much hate but where is the love?

And the "denial" joke........ ;D ;D ;D

It's from the Jim Gavin book of false wars.

yellowcard

Quote from: Captain Obvious on September 20, 2017, 01:29:32 AM
Is Rochford hinting he may step aside? if he does i can imagine James Horan will return to the Mayo hot seat.

Horan is doing very well for himself with his media committments and I don't see him going back to inter county management. That would be a backward step for Mayo. It's debatable whether Rochford will stay on though I suspect that depends on the intentions of some of his senior players. When the wagons are circled, I suspect that they may all decide to give it one last year before a major rebuild under a new manager.

magpie seanie

Watched the game back in its entirety last night. What a game it was. Mayo are desperately unfortunate to come up against such a good team. Many All Ireland finals have been won by vastly inferior performances than they produced last Sunday. There's not much more they could have done on this occasion. Dublin and Gavin in particular made some mistakes but were just able to wiggle over the line due to their amazing bench mainly.

I know it's an absolute killer for Mayo but maybe the fact that they didn't leave this one behind might make it easier to get over in time. You'd have to say it would be a major surprise if they're not back in a semi final next season and then they'd have every chance again. They won an U21 title last year I think and there's always loads of great players in Mayo so I'd suspect they'll bring through the couple more they need. Whether the older guys can stay at this level for another year is debatable but helped by only having to peak in July/August.

Buckass

Just thinking there (dangerous activity), after black card on Kilkenny, and there could've been at least 3 more, from kick out should it not have been a mayo free? That would have opened option of Clarke as receiver & allowed mayo possession & chance to build. Believe Joe would've given any hint of a foul as a free in to tie it up. Pity...a replay would've been something to relish

Rudi

Any Mayo supporter or pundit condemn the despicable act of Leroy in throwing his toy at Rock. Didn't think so. Yet loud mouths like Carney etc were quick to condemn the booing minority of Roscommon supporters. The same day Donie Smith got the loudest boo prior to hitting that equaliser. The hyprocisy of Mayo supporters. What if the shoe was on the other foot, let's say COC was stepping up to win the All Ireland and a unit was thrown at him by DConn and me misses. Pure war every builder and their wives in Mayo would be on the pitch.
For balance the way Dublin closed out the game was horrendous and needs to be looked at. Every club is now going to mimic this crap.

magpie seanie

Does ball not have to be in play for a free to be awarded?

A few lads I was in company with afterwards were disappointed it wasn't a replay! And they weren't supporting Mayo!!!