Previous topic - Next topic

Eamonnca1

Jinxy

Don't think we have any Cork fans here.
Maybe one of the Kerry lads could pass on the message
If you were any use you'd be playing.

seafoid

De Rebels boi.
Obviously stuff like Jim crow is not very well understood cois Laoi. And as for lynching they had Jack.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mrhardyannual

I don't believe that any Cork supporter flies the Confederate flag in support of White Supremacy. Let's not become slaves to political correctness. What next? Should the river Lee become the Lincoln?

screenexile

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 14, 2017, 07:05:30 PM
I don't believe that any Cork supporter flies the Confederate flag in support of White Supremacy. Let's not become slaves to political correctness. What next? Should the river Lee become the Lincoln?

Yeah but there was a big deal made about it and they shouldn't have done it.

They're Cork though and don't like being dictated to even though it's in bad form and they would have known the sensitivities around it!

Lar Naparka

I take it that this thread is only a pisstake.
I mean Cork were Rebels before Columbus got to America, never mind the American Civil War and all that craic.
All to do with Cork's support for Lambert Simnel, one of the pretenders to Henry VIII's throne back in 1487 or thereabouts.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

AZOffaly

Larry Cork are the Rebels but the confederate flag is certainly not of Cork. I never pass much remarks on it but I suppose in this day and age you shouldn't  use it given its connotations today.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: mrhardyannual on August 14, 2017, 07:05:30 PM

Fly the Nazi flag, so. It's red and white isn't it? Anything else is "political correctness gone mad."

whitey

I sure hope the Swastika Laundry don't reopen and become sponsors of the Dublin Team

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swastika_Laundry

BennyCake

Get Boss Hogg on the case. He'll run those Cork White Supremacists out of town.

Wildweasel74

Go better than that: was in portrush last week and saw a confederate flag with skull on it titled with the south will rise again; now that be the type of flag i say was a tad racist!

Lar Naparka

Quote from: AZOffaly on August 14, 2017, 07:51:36 PM
Larry Cork are the Rebels but the confederate flag is certainly not of Cork. I never pass much remarks on it but I suppose in this day and age you shouldn't  use it given its connotations today.
True but best to say sweet damn all. The langers have been waving Confederate flags for years but it was always meant to be a bit of craic. I don't know of any Cork person would use the flag to promote white supremacy in any shape or form.    Best let the fuss die down and get on with life- it's hard enough as it is without starting controversies about issues we have no control over.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Eamonnca1

No control over whether or not you carry a racist flag?

rionach 4

I agree entirely  That flag should never be flown but it has been in the past for years and years and very few if any muttered a word. It had the same connotations then as it has now. This is what sickens me about today's PC world. I hated it then and I hate it now despite any recent events. Come on Cork get rid of it.(and I know sometimes easier said than done.)

trileacman

f**k people like to get offended by f**k all. I'm sure the millions of African-American langers were very upset by the Confederate flag at the game.  ::)
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014