USFC Round 1: Derry vs. Antrim

Started by whiskeysteve, May 06, 2007, 09:55:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whiskeysteve

Just had to start this ball rolling!

Gotta predict an easy victory for crozier. Paddy bradley or not the antrim rearguard is woeful, muldoon and lynch definitely look a good bet to stick a few in the net
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

Stalin

Surely derry will hav too much for this antrim team. but remember longford! derry have a habit of underachieving
A single death is a tragedy; a million deaths is a statistic

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Stalin on May 07, 2007, 04:43:01 PM
Surely derry will hav too much for this antrim team. but remember longford! derry have a habit of underachieving

no better team to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory than Derry alright.

Still Longford have some decent talent and are playing well this past couple of seasons and troubling a lot of the top counties. Had a great u21 side too recently.
While a shock (not if you think about the lack of preparation and tactics from the Derry mgt) it would be a huge shock if Antrim were to win.

This is not impossible as we all know that anyone can win on championship day.
Antrim very quiet right now which is never good for the favourites in the game !

still expect Derry to win by 5 points

SuperHans

Aparently paul murphy has joined the panel and collie devlin is motoring well which is good news.
id like to see devlin get some good quality ball in and show how good he is on this stage.a few antrim boys mite be thinkin of the States already.
Derry to do enough to progress.

Whiskey, is Sean Leo still on the panel?

tbrick18

I know Derry should be comfortable winners in this game but nothing surprises me any more when it comes to being a Derry supporter.
The number of times we have been beaten in games we should have easily won makes it difficult to be confident going into any game. Derry never seem to perform when up against a poor side but usually have PB to keep them in front. If he's not playing, anything could happen.

Is it true Joe Brolly is helping out in Antrim?

PlayWithTheWind

Its not over til the fat lady sings!

the colonel

yeah apparently he is. he has the inside info on the weaknesses antrim need to expose!!
the difference between success and failure is energy

whiskeysteve

sean leo not on the panel though he's impressed as one for the next year or 2. he's another coupla years at u-21 and the senior hurling in the meanwhile. don't know how you identified me as a coleraine man so quick superhans! ;D

joe brolly apparently took a few training sessions with the antrim footballers but don't think it would matter if mick o'dwyer was involved. they just don't have good enough players in certain positions at this time. derry may perform better without pbradley than people think as well, muldoon and gilligan on good form will do enough to beat antrim
Somewhere, somehow, someone's going to pay: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPhISgw3I2w

PlayWithTheWind

is that Sean Leo McGoldrick, brother of Barry whos father is an Antrim man?

southderryman

he's barry's brother alrite, dunno if his father is an antrim man or not?

slow corner back

His father is from ballycastle, big into his hurling

imtommygunn

Sean Leo scored 23 points in the derry intermediate final last year I think it was so he must be some hurler himself!!

PlayWithTheWind

his father is from belfast, played for antrim footballers then married a derry woman.  def not from b'castle!

charlie stubbs

speaking as` a neutral if bradley doesnt play could be a blessing for derry as they will not be so 1 dimensional.granted he is possibly the best forward but there is a resemlence in the way derry and down play (coulter) where they just seem to target the one player and teams can snuff it out.maybe good against antrim but duno if donegal, tyrone or armagh

oakleaf stateside

is big daryl martin starting for the safrons?????
Dont Do It