Gaels amalgamations

Started by The Monument Road, December 02, 2016, 01:18:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Helix

Quote from: clonadmad on November 30, 2017, 04:36:26 PM
Is an amalgamation at all levels involving Timahoe in the offing?

An amalgamation between Park Ratheniska and Timahoe at hurling level confirmed tonight. Best of luck to them!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

SCFC

Quote from: clonadmad on December 08, 2017, 01:04:58 PM
A full hurling amalgamation

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2017/12/07/park-ratheniska-timahoe-form-new-hurling-amalgamation/
Makes sense.
Would they have three teams? Or just the two? Timahoe used to have a second team and PR did intermittently.

clonadmad

I'd say they will be doing well to field one competitive intermediate  team

Hurling in Timahoe would be at a low ebb,they might have 6/7 hurlers to throw into the mix

burdizzo

Think they're aiming for two - intermediate and junior B.

Downtheroad

Quote from: clonadmad on January 17, 2018, 07:55:28 PM
Ballinakill Trumera Margy Gaels

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/01/17/ballinakill-confirm-new-manager-propose-new-gaels-amalgamation/
Don't think this can happen unless Trumera fold or go back to intermediate. Senior B is classified as senior for Gaels purposes.

Downtheroad

Quote from: Downtheroad on January 17, 2018, 08:35:26 PM
Quote from: clonadmad on January 17, 2018, 07:55:28 PM
Ballinakill Trumera Margy Gaels

https://www.laoistoday.ie/2018/01/17/ballinakill-confirm-new-manager-propose-new-gaels-amalgamation/
Don't think this can happen unless Trumera fold or go back to intermediate. Senior B is classified as senior for Gaels purposes.
The way around it would be if Senior B was reclassified as Premier intermediate as they do in Cork and Wexford.

clonadmad

Accordingly to the article,It's just Ballinakill and Trumera,Margy are out

I wonder where they are off to?

From the Terrace

I seen a list of teams submitted for 2018 club championships. Mountmellick Gaels are entered in Intermediate football, I thought gaels team were only allowed enter Senior Championships..

clonadmad

Quote from: From the Terrace on January 30, 2018, 09:12:36 AM
I seen a list of teams submitted for 2018 club championships. Mountmellick Gaels are entered in Intermediate football, I thought gaels team were only allowed enter Senior Championships..

any other standout gaels teams

I hear Margy are gone in with Ballypickas

From the Terrace

Ballypickas not with anyone on what i seen. But could be since. My point is that was the whole gaels setup not about allowing lads get to play Senior Hurling/Football?

merman

Any word on Trumera and Ballinakill? I would have assumed it would be approved or declined last night.

Helix

I see Castletown are down as Castletown Gaels in Palmer Cup competition on Laois today site. I take it is that with slieve bloom?
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

merman

Quote from: Helix on January 30, 2018, 01:24:43 PM
I see Castletown are down as Castletown Gaels in Palmer Cup competition on Laois today site. I take it is that with slieve bloom?

Yep.