Centralised Fund for Team Expenses?

Started by manfromdelmonte, December 27, 2014, 11:04:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

In fairness Heffo that money isn't all being used to train top class Rounders players, now is it? An equitable per capita spread of development money is a related aspect of this. I'd settle for a cap at senior level for now though.

heffo

Quote from: Syferus on January 02, 2015, 05:46:42 PM
In fairness Heffo that money isn't all being used to train top class Rounders players, now is it? An equitable per capita spread of development money is a related aspect of this. I'd settle for a cap at senior level for now though.

No, it's being used to train Nursery and young primary school aged children. I don't see the correlation with Senior IC panels (at least not in the context of this thread anyway)

Westside

Should the expenses for Dublin's Senior Team not be considerably lower than the other top 4 teams given that they don't have to pay the cost of transporting a team and staff to and from Dublin, accommodation food etc. for every championship game? I would imagine most players are based in the capital so less mileage expenses for training too.

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on January 02, 2015, 05:14:16 PM
What does the above (unsourced) graphic have to do with the Dublin Senior Footballers or Hurlers?

The figures are from the official accounts and it's bought your senior footballers a couple of Leinster titles, National leagues and All Ireland's while it's bought your senior hurlers a Leinster title and National league title.
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on January 02, 2015, 06:13:37 PM
No, it's being used to train Nursery and young primary school aged children. I don't see the correlation with Senior IC panels (at least not in the context of this thread anyway)

Since most of Dubl$ns underage system is funded by all of us, it leaves your county board free to pump huge resources into your senior teams.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: Westside on January 02, 2015, 06:52:29 PM
Should the expenses for Dublin's Senior Team not be considerably lower than the other top 4 teams given that they don't have to pay the cost of transporting a team and staff to and from Dublin, accommodation food etc. for every championship game? I would imagine most players are based in the capital so less mileage expenses for training too.

Bernard Dunne and the extensive backroom teams don't come for free.
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

I've said previously that the GAA have created a monster with the millions upon millions they've given Dubl$n GAA. They now feel entitled to the money, even a small cut in the funding is being strongly opposed: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-manager-jim-gavin-slams-proposed-cuts-in-gaa-funding-to-dublin-1.2052385

Peter Quinn

heffo

Quote from: Dont Matter on January 03, 2015, 11:13:39 AM
I've said previously that the GAA have created a monster with the millions upon millions they've given Dubl$n GAA. They now feel entitled to the money, even a small cut in the funding is being strongly opposed: http://www.irishtimes.com/sport/gaelic-games/gaelic-football/dublin-manager-jim-gavin-slams-proposed-cuts-in-gaa-funding-to-dublin-1.2052385

What does that have to do with Senior IC team expenses? Am still awaiting a source on your last bullsh*t assertion too.

northsideboy

Are there any mods now on this site. Wums like dont matter drive away people who might have something worthwhile to contribute to a discussion. Do us a favour and ban him/her. 

Dont Matter

Quote from: heffo on January 03, 2015, 04:57:41 PM
What does that have to do with Senior IC team expenses? Am still awaiting a source on your last bullsh*t assertion too.

I've explained what it has to do with IC team expenses. Where's your source for Laois manager payments?
Peter Quinn

Dont Matter

Quote from: northsideboy on January 03, 2015, 06:01:14 PM
Are there any mods now on this site. Wums like dont matter drive away people who might have something worthwhile to contribute to a discussion. Do us a favour and ban him/her.

The truth hurts. I think if I'm driving people like you away I'm doing everyone a favour.
Peter Quinn

magpie seanie

Quote from: Dont Matter on January 12, 2015, 10:58:22 AM

The truth hurts. I think if I'm driving people like you away I'm doing everyone a favour.

You're not doing anyone, least of all yourself, a favour with the way you carry on. Fair enough - you have a strongly held opinion. You have every right to voice it strongly. I think what is objectionable is the childish (Dubl$n - we got the joke a long time ago) and overly aggressive manner in which you present your views. I don't think you should be banned - I just wish you'd have a bit more manners. Some of the people you are insulting are people that put countless hours of unpaid time into the GAA and they deserve better than the treatment you dole out. And as I said, it dilutes your argument the way you carry on.

INDIANA

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 13, 2015, 10:51:43 PM

You're not doing anyone, least of all yourself, a favour with the way you carry on. Fair enough - you have a strongly held opinion. You have every right to voice it strongly. I think what is objectionable is the childish (Dubl$n - we got the joke a long time ago) and overly aggressive manner in which you present your views. I don't think you should be banned - I just wish you'd have a bit more manners. Some of the people you are insulting are people that put countless hours of unpaid time into the GAA and they deserve better than the treatment you dole out. And as I said, it dilutes your argument the way you carry on.

Its pure ignorance on the idiot's part to suggest funding created Diarmuid connolly for example.

Vincents created Diarmuid Connolly. His juvenile coaches who didn't get an ounce of funding or a red cent created him.

Through their passion for the game they taught him the game and helped him become the best footballer in the country.

Its no different to the hundreds of GAA clubs in the country.

Clubs create players- funding doesn't. And county teams don't either

manfromdelmonte

Quote from: INDIANA on January 14, 2015, 12:15:05 AM

Its pure ignorance on the idiot's part to suggest funding created Diarmuid connolly for example.

Vincents created Diarmuid Connolly. His juvenile coaches who didn't get an ounce of funding or a red cent created him.

Through their passion for the game they taught him the game and helped him become the best footballer in the country.

How many coaches employed the County Board went into his school training kids from 1st class up?
Our local school barely gets a part time coach 5/6 times a term

heffo

Quote from: manfromdelmonte on January 14, 2015, 05:00:59 PM
Quote from: INDIANA on January 14, 2015, 12:15:05 AM

How many coaches employed the County Board went into his school training kids from 1st class up?
Our local school barely gets a part time coach 5/6 times a term

What age do you think Diarmuid Connolly is? 14?