The Indo's Best Players of the 21st Century Never to Win an All-Ireland

Started by IolarCoisCuain, December 22, 2014, 10:52:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JimStynes

I still can't understand how McDonald doesn't get on that team! He is one of the best players of the last 30 years ffs

blewuporstuffed

Quote from: cockahoop on December 23, 2014, 08:43:10 AM
Quote from: nrico2006 on December 23, 2014, 08:23:51 AM
Enda Muldoon (Derry), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Ciaran McDonald (Mayo) should all be on that team. Bradley was/is better than both Brown and Forde and did it consistently year in year out.  McDonald would have a strong argument for best 15 of this millenium and Muldoon was class personified.  Michael Meehan should be in there too, had a great 5 or 6 seasons.  Why no mention of Keith Higgins, another definite starter.

Being a big derry man and fan of paddy bradley i would still have to disagree on paddy being better than declan browne,Declan was a amazing player and if born in kerry would go down as a all time great imo.

Surely it would be Bradley instead of mattie ford, rather than for declan browne?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

Dont Matter

What a joke team. Glen Ryan??  ;D No mention of Tom Kelly. How is Pauric Clancy not in midfield? The teams missing a certain Ross Munnelly, not to mention Beano McDonald. Who buys the independent anyway?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

JoG2

Enda Muldoon (Derry), Paddy Bradley (Derry), Ciaran McDonald (Mayo) should all be on that team. Bradley was/is better than both Brown and Forde and did it consistently year in year out.  McDonald would have a strong argument for best 15 of this millenium and Muldoon was class personified.  Michael Meehan should be in there too, had a great 5 or 6 seasons.  Why no mention of Keith Higgins, another definite starter.

Being a big derry man and fan of paddy bradley i would still have to disagree on paddy being better than declan browne,Declan was a amazing player and if born in kerry would go down as a all time great imo.

I've never seen Declan Brown play apart from the odd highlights reel. Couldnt compare him with Bradley, Forde, Coulter etc as I havent seen much of him. Some talent by all accounts

Always hard to pick the forwards. Ford mentioned above, incredible talent. Hitting points from any angle with defenders hanging off him. Paddy Bradley, incredible forward who never went missing (when on the field!). Trained harder than anyone in the Derry panel and was consistantly brilliant through many many baron years. Was unreal again in this years Derry Championship...by far the best forward on show.

Re Mayo, maybe the author thinks there is an AI in them yet and was hesitant to add them

Dire Ear

Without Frank McGuigan ,  that's just a big bucketashiiiiii.........,That is all.

Canalman

Won't lose a minute's sleep over it but think Clancy of Laois and Paddy Christie should be mentioned. Saw more of them than most other players so probably blinkered.

Right also not to mention players still playing imo.

Sidney

Quote from: JoG2 on December 23, 2014, 10:57:46 AM

I've never seen Declan Brown play apart from the odd highlights reel. Couldnt compare him with Bradley, Forde, Coulter etc as I havent seen much of him. Some talent by all accounts

How much has anybody here who goes on about Declan Browne seen him play? Not very much would be the answer, I'd guess. Clearly he was a very talented player but Forde, Meehan and Bradley all made much more of a mark on championship football.

muppet

Quote from: Dire Ear on December 23, 2014, 11:02:13 AM
Without Frank McGuigan ,  that's just a big bucketashiiiiii.........,That is all.

Is he planning a comeback?
MWWSI 2017

oakleaflad

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on December 23, 2014, 09:34:59 AM

Surely it would be Bradley instead of mattie ford, rather than for declan browne?
Paddy Bradley is/was better than all 6 forwards in that team.

Rossfan

Quote from: moysider on December 22, 2014, 11:48:08 PM
Silly season for the GAA but this is pathetic.
+1.
Why not use up the space in the paper with  silly qoutes or tweets of the year.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

JoG2

muppet

A 'Clouds that look like Gaa players' article would be more entertaining.

Like this former Roscommon keeper:

MWWSI 2017

larryin89

Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

J70

Quote from: Sidney on December 23, 2014, 11:46:17 AM
Quote from: JoG2 on December 23, 2014, 10:57:46 AM

How much has anybody here who goes on about Declan Browne seen him play? Not very much would be the answer, I'd guess. Clearly he was a very talented player but Forde, Meehan and Bradley all made much more of a mark on championship football.

He made a serious mark given the circumstances under which he played.

laoislad

Beano McDonald was as good as there was.
Shame about his injury.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.