Is Gaelic Football unwatchable?

Started by Down Gael, August 03, 2008, 06:23:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arthur

Quote from: Down Gael on August 04, 2008, 01:07:32 PM
. Is it water they drink out of those bottles or protein shakes?

That is some comment; are you saying the Kildare manager introduced steroids into the Kidare county squad; i'd say if you said that in print anywhere else you would find yourself in court.  There is sour grapes but that is just outrageous.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteMcGeeney has stamped his style of play all over Kildare, its like watching the local bulked up idiots from the gym bullying people in the local disco on a Saturday night.  Is it water they drink out of those bottles or protein shakes?

Down Gael, you really are beneath contempt. You remind me of someone else who used to be on this site from the Mourne county.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

Down Gael

Obviously the purists in Armagh dont see what teams like fermanagh, Kildare and Armagh are doing to our game. They are killing football. It is unwatchable in its present state. But football will evolve, it always does, wether that be the introduction of a 13 man team or a new style of play that nullifies such negative play. Hopefully football will win out this year and Kerry, Dublin or Galway will win in September.
I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can speak up in defence of some of the crap we are served up as football. The Ulster final, both games were terrible, I dont think I ever saw worse, but yesterdays game between Kildare and Fermanagh was much much worse. Two dire teams, who couldnt score in a brothel.

Jinxy

Down Gael would you ever give it a rest.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Tyrones own

Quote from: smcafee on August 04, 2008, 01:21:59 PM
well said down gael.but i would take back what you said about steriods and armagh.i talked about it last week and got a warning.

Tis good to see the Mods are doing their bit to quell the idiot factor on the board then so 8)
Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

Down Gael

Quote from: Jinxy on August 04, 2008, 06:58:08 PM
Down Gael would you ever give it a rest.

Ah Jinxy, I`m only winding, sure its grand to watch, compelling stuff indeed.

Lazer

Maybe Down Gael is a wee bit bitter however listening to the Tyrone people go on and on after saturdays match about how great they are ....when they only won by a point!

FACT: Down we're terrible on saturday

FACT: Down still beat Tyrone in the first round

FACT: Down have won as many matches as Tyrone in this years championship.

Down for Sam 2017 (Have already written of 2016!)

Tyrones own

Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.
  - Walter Lippmann

pintsofguinness

I cannot for the life of me understand how anyone can speak up in defence of some of the crap we are served up as football. The Ulster final, both games were terrible, I dont think I ever saw worse, but yesterdays game between Kildare and Fermanagh was much much worse. Two dire teams, who couldnt score in a brothel.

:D Surely this isn't coming from a Down man?
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Gaaboardmod3

Ziggy,

First of all I deleted that post because you posted it upside down :D

Secondly, and in all serousness, this is the second time in a week that someone has posted dangerous allegations about a GAA team, two different teams by the way. Apparently the comment has been 'withdrawn' but it doesn't seem to have been done very promptly or even very sincerely. I don't accept it was a freudian slip, reading the contexts of the posts before, or after.

The next person that posts allegations or insinuations like that will be banned from the board, and I will make a sticky of this now.

Cheers
Mod 3