John Maughan
11 (11.1%)
Kevin McStay
50 (50.5%)
A.N. Other
29 (29.3%)

Total Members Voted: 99

Shrewdness

Mc Hale is still part of the management team with St. Brigid's and has a Co Semi Final next weekend. This is his third year there. When himself and Mc Stay won the All Ireland that year with Brigid's, i don't really recall either one of them being mouthy with the press. Everything was low key with no remarkable ''media moments'' that i can recall.

manfromdelmonte

larryin89

Thats it all over now, Connelly and holmes are sworn in too. Paddy mc gets his applause and delegates move on to club matters. Up Mayo
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

moysider

Quote from: Shrewdness on September 25, 2014, 09:20:10 PM
Mc Hale is still part of the management team with St. Brigid's and has a Co Semi Final next weekend. This is his third year there. When himself and Mc Stay won the All Ireland that year with Brigid's, i don't really recall either one of them being mouthy with the press. Everything was low key with no remarkable ''media moments'' that i can recall.
Suits some people now to try and deflect the blame onto McHale and McStay. Not them that made a hames of the process.

Paddy McNicholas may well tough this out but he is doing the county a grave disservice.
The quote from him above if reported correctly is extremely disrespectful. Too carefree with procedures and the English language for anybody's good.

Nihilist

Quote from: moysider on September 25, 2014, 09:25:59 PM
Suits some people now to try and deflect the blame onto McHale and McStay. Not them that made a hames of the process.

Paddy McNicholas may well tough this out but he is doing the county a grave disservice.
The quote from him above if reported correctly is extremely disrespectful. Too carefree with procedures and the English language for anybody's good.

Is that a direct quote that you are attributing to McNicholas from tonight ?

Chimley

All hail our glorious chairman. A fitting round of applause for him and his handling of this appointment.

moysider

Quote from: Nihilist on September 25, 2014, 09:46:07 PM

Yeah. From Farrandeelin above from Michael Gallagher s report.

Dont Matter

This is all top class stuff Mayo but we need something else, a twist in the tale, a moment of madness, just something to add to the drama of it all. Liam McHale comes along and gives the chairman one of his famous running slaps or McStay gives him one with the back of his folder. Surely Conor Mortimor has some antics to get up to, Blondie McDonald? What's your next move Mayo?
'Dublin is not a national problem, it's a national opportunity.'
Peter Quinn

Nihilist

Quote from: moysider on September 25, 2014, 10:10:41 PM
Quote from: Nihilist on September 25, 2014, 09:46:07 PM

Yeah. From Farrandeelin above from Michael Gallagher s report.

OK - the quote is from Farrandeelin and not from Shrewdness. Thanks for clarification. Ya it's a quite sort of carefree comment considering his position and the 'supposed' pressure he was under.

moysider

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2014, 10:22:25 PM
This is all top class stuff Mayo but we need something else, a twist in the tale, a moment of madness, just something to add to the drama of it all. Liam McHale comes along and gives the chairman one of his famous running slaps or McStay gives him one with the back of his folder. Surely Conor Mortimor has some antics to get up to, Blondie McDonald? What's your next move Mayo?

What's the matter with you.... apart from the obvious?

Surely somebody so nasty has a boyfriend/girlfriend to torment rather than sticking in here.

larryin89

Quote from: Dont Matter on September 25, 2014, 10:22:25 PM

F'off
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

ballinaman

I heard a few things that McStay wanted to introduce and they weren't out of the ordinary at all, sounded like the same set up he would have used with Brigids. I reckon what he had planned with filter out...

Pure deflection from PaddyMc tonight. Shambles of a process (which is the main issue) completely ignored tonight. What manager in their right mind down the line will want to come on board with that shower of alps....

macdanger2

Doesn't inspire huge confidence in C&H that they have been willing to go along with this.

mayoman dan

Can someone explain this joint managers shite to me? Whos the boss? Who makes the decisions?

moysider

Quote from: ballinaman on September 25, 2014, 10:55:46 PM
I heard a few things that McStay wanted to introduce and they weren't out of the ordinary at all, sounded like the same set up he would have used with Brigids. I reckon what he had planned with filter out...

Pure deflection from PaddyMc tonight. Shambles of a process (which is the main issue) completely ignored tonight. What manager in their right mind down the line will want to come on board with that shower of alps....
to
Paddy would have been in survival mode. Morals and decency go out the window. He ridiculed an AI wining manager there tonight to save his skin.

He would say anything to survive this crisis and anybody that thinks everybody moves on now and 'gets behind the new management' is deluding themselves. That is not going to happen. Mayo now is like a ship that has torpedoed itself before leaving port.
This team we have deserved better than being dragged into this in the first place. Perception is reality and the perception is ( for a lot of Mayo people I would suspect) that this is a fix and we ve ended up with patsies. I d expect the team will have a jaundiced view of this as well when they realise they were part of the stitch up.