Railway Cup 2014

Started by BennyCake, February 06, 2014, 08:26:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gammysolo

Munster showing contempt for Railway Cup. Ger O'Sullivan whom I never heard off is managing the team and calls up Tommy Welsh who was dropped from Kerry team. I hope Waterford, Limerick and Clare players get the call.

Cunny Funt

Quote from: Cunny Funt on December 03, 2015, 05:08:08 PM

CONNACHT: Damien Comer, Danny Cummins, Fiontán Ó Curraoin, Gareth Bradshaw, Gary O'Donnell, Gary Sice, Liam Silke, Paul Conroy, Paul Varley (all Galway), Cathal Shine, Ciaráin Murtagh, Darren O'Malley, Diarmuid Murtagh, Neil Collins, Sean McDermott (all Roscommon), Chris Barrett, Captain, Conor O'Shea, Jason Doherty, Neil Douglas (Mayo), Eoin Flanagan, Kevin McDonnell, Pat Hughes (all Sligo), Kevin Conlon (Leitrim).

Connacht panel that was selected for last years cancelled game. You could say Mayo showed contempt also by allowing only 4 players play this competition and two O Shea,Douglas shouldn't be selected on Connacht panel when they haven't established themselves as county footballers.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: gammysolo on December 02, 2016, 11:06:56 AM
Munster showing contempt for Railway Cup. Ger O'Sullivan whom I never heard off is managing the team and calls up Tommy Welsh who was dropped from Kerry team. I hope Waterford, Limerick and Clare players get the call.

Ger O'Sullivan was assistant to Conor Counihan when Cork won the All Ireland in 2010. Would be a lot better if an actual county manager or former manager was in charge alright.

As for players, can only speak for Kerry, but lot of players still involve in club activity (our divisional championships are still ongoing plus Kenmare and Crokes won Munster club titles last Sunday, Darran O'Sullivan playing Junior final this Subday), quite a few players went on the Allstar trip and prob couldn't be taking any more time off to commit/train etc. A lot of the rest are injured. A few more could commit maybe but it's a tough sell these days.

"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

rodney trotter

Says on Hoganstand ,Kerry are in New York on a pre arranged fundraiser the weekend of the Railway cup. Aidan O Mahony is part of the Munster panel though. Michael Quinlivan and Gary Brennan also.

tippabu

Quote from: rodney trotter on December 02, 2016, 05:23:57 PM
Says on Hoganstand ,Kerry are in New York on a pre arranged fundraiser the weekend of the Railway cup. Aidan O Mahony is part of the Munster panel though. Michael Quinlivan and Gary Brennan also.

Comerford, cambell, maher, sweeney, quinlivan are tipps representatives

macdanger2

Apparently Connacht have pulled out of this for 2017, bit odd to make a unilateral decision like that

Rossfan

If 14 or 15 Counties can pull out of the JFC..........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

BennyCake

Quote from: macdanger2 on June 21, 2017, 09:48:34 AM
Apparently Connacht have pulled out of this for 2017, bit odd to make a unilateral decision like that

I bet it wasn't the players themselves who pulled out though.

Syferus

First decision JP has made that has universal support outside Mayo.

Rossfan

Quote from: Syferus on June 21, 2017, 04:25:12 PM

First decision JP has made that has universal support outside Mayo.
GAA website has Semi Finals down for 9th December . Connacht v Munster and Leinster v Munster.
So Ulster not allowed to take part, Connacht not taking  part and Munster split in 2...........
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM