Previous topic - Next topic

Syferus

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 26, 2013, 11:14:41 AM
Quote from: Syferus on August 26, 2013, 11:11:37 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 26, 2013, 11:07:22 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2013, 11:03:34 AM
Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on August 26, 2013, 10:59:15 AM
Quote from: seafoid on August 26, 2013, 10:52:28 AM
Mayo have done a lot of work since last year.
Best setup would be if the Dubs hammered Kerry a la Meath in 2001.
All the Kildare money would be on the Dubs
Mayo could go in under the radar.
Et voila.

the kildare buckos would never back a Dub.......................the whole country is behind Mayo on this one regardless ifs its Kerry or Dublin.............................you can sense Mayo will lift it and about fooking time.....................Kerry vs Dublin is just a side show at this rate
Sure isn't Kildare 65% Dub now anyway?
All those tiger cubs . The ones not in negative equity must be the ones who do the betting.

Ah yes the smug country brethren.................................

A lot of angry Mayo folk when they learnt they couldn't plow straight into the funnel that's the entrance to Drumcondra station and had to walk around the block and enter a 'line' yesterday. The poor staff had to explain to them the concept of a line and risk a rhubarb-based beating.

:D I hope we have you in the blue corner corner this coming Sunday Syferus

Who else would I be supporting, Squire? 8)

65,000 in Croke was sweet enough yesterday but the full 82,000 is something else. I hope Kerry are as obliging of making a game of it as Tyron were against Mayo.

I'll probably have to murder someone to get a couple AI final tickets if it's Ros-Mayo/Dublin-Mayo, though.

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: blanketattack on August 26, 2013, 11:23:22 AM
Will all of Galway and Roscommon really be supporting Mayo in the final?

Sure half of Galway doesn't even support their own footballers. Let alone Mayo's.

mad tan

Think it will be Dublin v Mayo. Mayo look a class act. But they have to keep the head right. 

ballinaman

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on August 26, 2013, 04:51:17 PM
Quote from: blanketattack on August 26, 2013, 11:23:22 AM
Will all of Galway and Roscommon really be supporting Mayo in the final?

Sure half of Galway doesn't even support their own footballers. Let alone Mayo's.
;D A worthy 6K post! haha

Captain Obvious

Did Mayo peak against Donegal? for along time yesterday it looked like it. Without O'Connor who is going to score or create goals? I think Mayo will need to score at least two goals to win the final.

Mayo have got into habit of defeating All Ireland champions and reaching All Ireland finals can they beat the habit of losing All Ireland finals this September?

Tubberman

Quote from: Captain Obvious on August 26, 2013, 05:37:29 PM
Did Mayo peak against Donegal? for along time yesterday it looked like it. Without O'Connor who is going to score or create goals? I think Mayo will need to score at least two goals to win the final.

Mayo have got into habit of defeating All Ireland champions and reaching All Ireland finals can they beat the habit of losing All Ireland finals this September?

I'd share your concerns - without COC we are not as dangerous inside. Andy Moran sadly is not at the level he was in 2011 or before he got injured in 2012. That's our two best forwards, one almost certainly out, the other looking well off the pace.

Having said that, Conroy looked good when he came on yesterday, so he will surely start for the final in place of Cillian. Freeman has really stepped up this year, so impressed with his improvement, hopefully he can sustain that level of improvement for one more game!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

All of a Sludden

Quote from: haveaharp on August 26, 2013, 12:09:44 PM
Quote from: All of a Sludden on August 26, 2013, 10:16:35 AM
Time to get her going. Personally I think it will be a Mayo v Dublin final and before yesterday I would have been confident of a Mayo win. But after yesterday I am not so sure. Mayo lost some of their invincibility yesterday, at least in my eyes. Whatever happens no one could begrudge them an All Ireland.

Did you use Mayo and invincibility in the one sentence ?

Don't tell anyone.

Though I am pretty sure no one has used Mayo and hype in the same sentence yet.
I'm gonna show you as gently as I can how much you don't know.

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

Can we leave this thread until after sunday?
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

sans pessimism

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on August 27, 2013, 01:09:35 AM
Can we leave this thread until after sunday?
that was my point on p1mayogod-at least then it will be an AIF thread that makes sense
"So Boys stick together
in all kinds of weather"

moysider

It appears that Cillian O Connor will play in the AI final after all.

I suspect that Horan will be tempted to make a change or 2 for final. Higgins not having enough impact from this '11' role but he can hardly drop Barrett or Cunniffe! A hb line of Keegan, Higgins and Boyle would be peerless.

A fit Barry Moran has to be considered. AOS at 11 and take the the handbrake off.

Conroy and Freeman our best inside targets as things stand. Dillon was also most effective this year inside v Galway.

Carolan playing really well when he gets on the field.

I don t think our starting 15 is set in stone.

macdanger2

If that's true about o'connor then it's a huge boost for us

From the Bunker

Quote from: moysider on August 27, 2013, 11:01:14 PM

It appears that Cillian O Connor will play in the AI final after all.

I suspect that Horan will be tempted to make a change or 2 for final. Higgins not having enough impact from this '11' role but he can hardly drop Barrett or Cunniffe! A hb line of Keegan, Higgins and Boyle would be peerless.

A fit Barry Moran has to be considered. AOS at 11 and take the the handbrake off.

Conroy and Freeman our best inside targets as things stand. Dillon was also most effective this year inside v Galway.

Carolan playing really well when he gets on the field.

I don t think our starting 15 is set in stone.

Ah man, don't be doing this to me! Where is the source of such optimism?

Syferus

It would be a seriously bad sign if Mayo persisted with COC when it's clear to the dog in the street that his shoulder is an absolute mess. Way too much damage done to it for one year already.

Put your faith in someone else to do a job and don't be playing the fools' game of trying to use a seriously injured man. For all the talk of panel Mayo seem unwilling to show faith in it.

From the Bunker

Quote from: Syferus on August 27, 2013, 11:23:41 PM
It would be a seriously bad sign if Mayo persited with COC when it's clear to the dog in the street his shoulder is an absolute mess. Way too much damage done to it for one year already.

Put your faith in someone else to do a job and don't be playing the fools' game of trying to play a seriously injured man. For all the talk of panel Mayo seem unwilling to show faith in it.

+1 COC was on borrowed time. Time to move on. Horan took a chance that he'd be around for 3 games. It probably was worth the risk. But his boat has sailed. Time to tidy the lad up properly with surgery and rest!

maigheo

Jeez Moysider,going by your post you think there should be 3 or 4 changes for the final which to me is just not on.And A.OShea to chf would be daft in my opinion as was proven in the league.I would be surprised if Cillian O connor starts the final and I think Horan is just putting that out there to keep the other team guessing.Looking forward to the game as I think Mayo will be really primed to take Sam across the shannon and it will take a very good performance from Dublin or Kerry to derail them.