Hurling puts football in the shade

Started by Wildweasel74, August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orchard park

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 30, 2018, 06:36:46 PM
There's just no getting away from the hurling ones. Even on RTE racing there they had to give us a big gushing review of the two games at the weekend and how it is the world's greatest sport.
If it was so awesome then uptake would be higher. It isn't so there you go.

The shame is on the Tyrone and Roscommon who fail to coach of promote it.

Milltown Row2

There's just no getting away from the hurling ones. Even on RTE racing there they had to give us a big gushing review of the two games at the weekend and how it is the world's greatest sport.

Football is easier and a lot like soccer and basketball, so it's easier to do.. all you need is your feet, and hit the gym
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

From the Bunker

Quote from: Orchard park on July 30, 2018, 06:45:22 PM

The shame is on the Tyrone and Roscommon who fail to coach of promote it.

There are a lot of counties like Tyrone and Roscommon, Who would gladly accept the financial Hurling handouts your county received over the last decade and a half and in turn give the game a go!

mrdeeds

RTE have an article there where they say every play in hurling now results in a shot at the target. Essentially it's become basketball. Puck out, catch, shoot and repeat.

RedHand88

Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2018, 08:11:21 PM
Quote from: mrdeeds on July 30, 2018, 08:08:50 PM
RTE have an article there where they say every play in hurling now results in a shot at the target. Essentially it's become basketball. Puck out, catch, shoot and repeat.
What the fcuk? Where is this article?

Edit: Just found it.

Funny.

Link?

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Captain Obvious

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on July 30, 2018, 06:52:19 PM

Football is easier and a lot like soccer and basketball, so it's easier to do.. all you need is your feet, and hit the gym
Very simplistic view. What are you going to tell us next, all you need for boxing is your fists?

RedHand88

Quote from: Franko on July 30, 2018, 02:11:52 PM
Quote from: screenexile on July 30, 2018, 11:20:32 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2018, 11:06:24 AM
Quote from: screenexile on July 30, 2018, 11:01:47 AM
Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2018, 10:58:32 AM
What on earth are you rambling on about?

Hurling pricks with an inferiority complex having to tell anyone and everyone who plays another sport that Hurling is the best sport in the world!
So no individual has the right to tell you their sporting preference unless they play the game at the highest level themselves? You think very highly of yourself.

And with respect, Gaelic Football fans have done the exact same thing with soccer fans for years.

They're not telling me their sporting preference though. They're trying to tell me that because they play hurling and because there was a good hurling match at the weekend that gives them cause to think they are some kind of superior being. Y'know because the sport they play is better than mine... even though the hurling we see at Croke Park does not even closely resemble the hurling played at Christy Ring or club level.

I have yet to see anyone on social media say that Gaelic football is the best sport in the world. . . why does it need to be said. I quite like hurling but I like football better why do the hurling fraternity need to make me feel like a p***k for it?!

The fact that someone saying that hurling is the greatest game in the world makes you feel like a p***k would suggest that you're the one with the inferiority complex.

No. When they try to compare it to football and say it's superior he has every right to be annoyed. The hurling ones are getting worse than the Irish rugby fans and that's saying something.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on July 30, 2018, 09:58:08 PM

Very simplistic view. What are you going to tell us next, all you need for boxing is your fists?

Sorry I left out the sarcastic emoji  ::)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Quote from: hardstation on July 30, 2018, 10:28:24 PM
Quote from: RedHand88 on July 30, 2018, 10:01:10 PM

Hurling pricks with an inferiority complex having to tell anyone and everyone who plays another sport that Hurling is the best sport in the world!
So no individual has the right to tell you their sporting preference unless they play the game at the highest level themselves? You think very highly of yourself.

And with respect, Gaelic Football fans have done the exact same thing with soccer fans for years.

They're not telling me their sporting preference though. They're trying to tell me that because they play hurling and because there was a good hurling match at the weekend that gives them cause to think they are some kind of superior being. Y'know because the sport they play is better than mine... even though the hurling we see at Croke Park does not even closely resemble the hurling played at Christy Ring or club level.

I have yet to see anyone on social media say that Gaelic football is the best sport in the world. . . why does it need to be said. I quite like hurling but I like football better why do the hurling fraternity need to make me feel like a p***k for it?!

The fact that someone saying that hurling is the greatest game in the world makes you feel like a p***k would suggest that you're the one with the inferiority complex.

No. When they try to compare it to football and say it's superior he has every right to be annoyed. The hurling ones are getting worse than the Irish rugby fans and that's saying something.
Gaelic Football people have held this over soccer people for years.
If it annoys you, you'd want to get a grip of yourself.

True, but that also annoys me. Just let people enjoy their sport.

Franko

Quote from: RedHand88 on July 30, 2018, 10:01:10 PM

Nonsense. Tighten up.

Rossfan

Feet for standing on I presume, while you engage in non stop  throwball.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on July 30, 2018, 11:18:29 PM

Feet for standing on I presume, while you engage in non stop  throwball.

Think we are talking about hurling lad, the throw up ball is on this weekend

Jinxy

Quote from: GalwayBayBoy on July 30, 2018, 02:14:52 PM
More hurling on tonight for us hurling snobs.

https://www.rte.ie/culture/2018/0727/981430-the-game-how-we-made-rtes-epic-gaa-series/

This was enjoyable, but too many contrived, 'This is in our DNA' soundbites for me.
Sean Ógs contribution towards the end was the most authentic bit.
It felt like an extended version of one of those cliched RTE promos about warriors etc.
Beautifully filmed though.
If you were any use you'd be playing.