Hurling puts football in the shade

Started by Wildweasel74, August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Quantitatively how would one go about proving the superiority of this decade over all others?
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

macdanger2

Plenty of good games that don't get the coverage - Derry v tipp last year was a cracker. Offaly v Longford (or westmeath?)  last year or the year before as well?

It's the mismatches that create a bad impression

BennyHarp

There's nothing better than a good game of football between two evenly matched teams. 😀
That was never a square ball!!

thewobbler

johnneycool

Quote from: thewobbler on August 20, 2017, 07:22:23 PM
Hurling can suck my balls

If you had any you'd have played hurling    ;)

Oh, that was indeed a good football game yesterday. Couldn't stay til the end though.

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2017, 04:43:56 PM
Camogie is some pile of shite anyway.

A pile of shite would be a good description of your post. I've seen plenty of good games of camogie. The regressive attitude to both women's games here is like peering through a port-hole into the 1960s.

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2017, 04:57:17 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 10, 2017, 04:48:04 PM

A pile of shite would be a good description of your post. I've seen plenty of good games of camogie. The regressive attitude to both women's games here is like peering through a port-hole into the 1960s.
Sorry, should I pretend to like them?

I suppose you won't be commenting on Cork's equaliser there?

Syferus

Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2017, 05:25:13 PM
Quote from: Syferus on September 10, 2017, 05:17:50 PM

I suppose you won't be commenting on Cork's equaliser there?
Saw the winner. Calamitous defending.
Slow, error-ridden horseshite IMO.

Not missing a chance to live down to the caricature.

Good second half in the game you decided to use as a punch bag. Sin รจ.

sid waddell

@Syferus - Women's sport needs patronising dinosaurs like you like its players need a hole in the head.

You're strictly from the "ah sure aren't they grand girls" school of "praise".

A walking cliche.

DuffleKing

Quote from: seafoid on August 07, 2017, 01:50:52 PM
There are 16 teams of acceptable standard in the hurling. There are too in  football but nobody wants to admit it.
In hurling the barrier is skill. In football it seems to be S&C
I think football is in crisis.

Name them

didlyi

No but Strange that you would bring up your dislike for a camogie match in this thread to make a point.

under the bar

Said much like a man whose contribution to sport is his view from the armchair or high stool!

didlyi

Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2017, 08:41:42 PM
Why? As far as I can see, the point of this thread is to discuss which Gaelic sports are good spectacles and which are not. This appears to be the primary theme from the beginning.

Therefore, I thought it the most apt thread for my comment.

The thread is about hurling and football and not comparing camogie and ladies football. If you think Ladies football puts camogie in the shade then start another thread. If you are comparing hurling with ladies football or camogie with mens football then I feel sorry for you.

sid waddell

Quote from: didlyi on September 10, 2017, 09:06:08 PM
Quote from: hardstation on September 10, 2017, 08:41:42 PM
Why? As far as I can see, the point of this thread is to discuss which Gaelic sports are good spectacles and which are not. This appears to be the primary theme from the beginning.

Therefore, I thought it the most apt thread for my comment.

The thread is about hurling and football and not comparing camogie and ladies football. If you think Ladies football puts camogie in the shade then start another thread. If you are comparing hurling with ladies football or camogie with mens football then I feel sorry for you.
The media that cover camogie and women's Gaelic football regularly compare them in favourable terms to hurling and men's Gaelic football.

If the media that cover these games do so, it's a more than legitimate topic of discussion.

manfromdelmonte

county camogie has gone very defensive lately - low scoring