Hurling puts football in the shade

Started by Wildweasel74, August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

seafoid

Hurling is more skilful. Massed defences dont work . Offaly had 2 sweepers and 2 midfielders playing back and still got hammered.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

mrhardyannual

No doubt about it but a good hurling match will always top a good football game. Hated when Railway Cup hurling final or Club hurling final were put on before the football as it made the football look so slow and lacking in skill.

RedHand88

Quote from: laoislad on August 06, 2017, 07:17:53 PM
👍
Great game compared to that muck yesterday.

Hurling has a serious inferiority complex.

snoopdog

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 06, 2017, 08:27:11 PM
Quote from: laoislad on August 06, 2017, 07:17:53 PM
👍
Great game compared to that muck yesterday.

Hurling has a serious inferiority complex.
[/quote
Totally agree. The hurling crowd are always at this Craic. 

Rossfan

The only thing great about that hurley game today was the closeness of the contest and the dramatic winner.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

didlyi

Its just a bit of fun lads. Sure Cork people are known to have inferiority complexs yet think they are greater than everyone else. Theres a thin line between greatness and mediocrity.

thejuice

Why do we need to bring this crap thread up again. Can't we just be glad to get some good games at all.

Yes today's hurling match was awesome.

Yes, this weekends football was dull.

The fact is I've sat through plenty of dull hurling matches that were over after 10 minutes, football at the moment is just lacking in competitiveness at the moment. Hurling was in a similar spot when Kilkenny were winning all round them. Soon enough we'll have more teams up to Dublins level but we'll just have to grin and bear it for now.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

Fear ón Srath Bán

Agree with thejuice -- this is not the place for footballing fecking self-flagellation! Go to the hurling forum if that's what floats your boat.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

armaghniac

Quote from: thejuice on August 06, 2017, 10:27:51 PM
Why do we need to bring this crap thread up again. Can't we just be glad to get some good games at all.

The fact is I've sat through plenty of dull hurling matches that were over after 10 minutes, football at the moment is just lacking in competitiveness at the moment. Hurling was in a similar spot when Kilkenny were winning all round them. Soon enough we'll have more teams up to Dublins level but we'll just have to grin and bear it for now.

Unlike Dublin Kilkenny had no unfair advantage, they were just better.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

trileacman

Quote from: armaghniac on August 06, 2017, 10:47:38 PM
Quote from: thejuice on August 06, 2017, 10:27:51 PM

Unlike Dublin Kilkenny had no unfair advantage, they were just better.

Agreed
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

seafoid

The Sunday Game Retweeted
Joe Brolly
Joe Brolly @JoeBrolly1993
·
6h
THANK GOD FOR HURLING

Jinxy

It was entertaining stuff for the last 10 minutes, but by no means a great or even a 'very good' game of hurling.
The gushing praise any half decent game of hurling gets is a small bit embarrassing at this stage.
It's like the entire country just agrees to pretend it was a great game, because well, it's 'the greatest game in the world'.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Asal Mor

I was there and I've never known excitement like it. Was a nervous wreck through the whole second half. And the joy/relief when the winner went over and the final whistle blew - no words. Over the moon for Joe too. There was plenty of sloppiness but that just added to the tension and drama.

Juice said it, why do we need to bring this crap thread up again?

Football is a great game, but obviously the massive gap between the top few and the rest is causing some dull games.

RedHand88

Quote from: Asal Mor on August 07, 2017, 07:31:09 AM
I was there and I've never known excitement like it. Was a nervous wreck through the whole second half. And the joy/relief when the winner went over and the final whistle blew - no words. Over the moon for Joe too. There was plenty of sloppiness but that just added to the tension and drama.

Football is a great game, but obviously the massive gap between the top few and the rest is causing some dull games.

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of canavan free v Armagh 05, cluxton v Kerry 2011, coc miss in last year's final...
And the gap is worse in hurling. It's that bad that half the counties in the country don't even bother entering.

seafoid

Quote from: RedHand88 on August 07, 2017, 08:04:51 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on August 07, 2017, 07:31:09 AM

Off the top of my head I'm thinking of canavan free v Armagh 05, cluxton v Kerry 2011, coc miss in last year's final...
And the gap is worse in hurling. It's that bad that half the counties in the country don't even bother entering.
This year the provincial finals and 3 out of 4 quarter finals were over after 50 minutes