Hurling puts football in the shade

Started by Wildweasel74, August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LilySavage

Just a heads up that Tipp no. 14 is Seamie Callanan ..as you critique Brian Cody's performance today

johnneycool

Quote from: LilySavage on September 04, 2016, 09:53:24 PM
Just a heads up that Tipp no. 14 is Seamie Callanan ..as you critique Brian Cody's performance today

I didn't think it was a great game, too many basic errors for that, but it was interesting as Kilkenny were hanging in when they had no right to, but Tipp were the superior team for most of the contest.

Wildweasel74

I know who he is but my spelling of his surname be suspect lol

J70

WFUV, a National Public Radio station broadcast by Fordham University in NYC, had the hurling final on live today. Sounded like Marty Morrisey doing the commentary. A pleasant surprise given that I had to leave the house and head out for the day in the car! They usually do Irish music on Sunday mornings/early afternoons.

Jell 0 Biafra

Totally meh.  First half tight, but not really that great; second half one way traffic.

dec

Quote from: J70 on September 04, 2016, 10:23:59 PM
WFUV, a National Public Radio station broadcast by Fordham University in NYC, had the hurling final on live today. Sounded like Marty Morrisey doing the commentary. A pleasant surprise given that I had to leave the house and head out for the day in the car! They usually do Irish music on Sunday mornings/early afternoons.

The have been broadcasting both All Ireland finals for a few years now. I have listened a few times.

laoislad

I really enjoyed it. Maybe not a classic but still a good game and there were some great scores. The atmosphere inside Croke Park was fantastic also.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

theskull1

With KK looking a bit ragged in places there's no way it could be called a cracker, but there was a massive amount to enjoy during the watching of the game. The physical 50 50 battles, the fielding, the wrists, the pure commitment to the cause all plenty of heart on your sleeve stuff just what the crowd (most favouring tipp) wanted and got in spades

I really enjoyed it
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Hound

I thought Tipp were superb.

Odd that Cody only used 2 subs and made no changes to full back or full forward lines

johnneycool

Quote from: Hound on September 05, 2016, 08:34:46 AM
I thought Tipp were superb.

Odd that Cody only used 2 subs and made no changes to full back or full forward lines

His half forwards, midfield and half backs were the ones in trouble. The Tipp lads were allowed to put the ball into the spaces for Callanan, McGrath and Co to run onto, very hard for any fullback line to do anything about that. If anything Paul Murphy had as poor a game as he's ever had and they weren't getting the basics right, lifting the ball seemed to be a struggle and the passing sloppy. The Kilkenny forwards were getting slow, poor ball into them with only Paudie Walsh trying to get good ball to them.

Larkin went off to be replaced by Lester Ryan and how Joyce started was beyond me as he was very poor in the first match against Waterford, big Lennon had some great games at centre back in the league and had a superb Munster final, so unless he was injured I don't know how he wasn't handed the No.6 jersey when it was decided to push Fogarty back into the middle of the park when Fennelly was out injured.

With the minors and U21's exiting the Leinster Championships early, this could be the end of Kilkenny dominance, but they're still in the mix for a few years yet.

Jinxy

Quote from: J70 on September 04, 2016, 10:23:59 PM

It can't have sounded that much like him so.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

laoislad

Great game between Wexford and Kilkenny.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

omagh_gael

Quote from: laoislad on June 10, 2017, 08:17:43 PM
Great game between Wexford and Kilkenny.

The Cork v Tipp game earlier was much better ;)

Rossfan

The deliberate fouling was something else!!!
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

didlyi

I love the negativity around here. Great win for wexford, not a classic but So much better than any football weve seen this year.