Hurling puts football in the shade

Started by Wildweasel74, August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nigel White

I think Tipp had 3 wides in the whole match. That's some achievement

Syferus

Quote from: Nigel White on September 07, 2014, 10:49:51 PM
I think Tipp had 3 wides in the whole match. That's some achievement

With two penalty misses on top of that it was the worth of nine wides though.

Wildweasel74

I thought compared to the past few years it was poor enough, a few of the limerick games were good, Clare and wexford were the standouts before today, but that game had alot of wides and was night and day with today games. I nearly say that was one of the greatest games ever but the defenders on both teams seemed overwhelmed by the forwards, 9 wides in the entire game is serious going, the dubs clocked that up in the last 15mins last week lol

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Asal Mor

Quote from: easytiger95 on September 07, 2014, 07:15:32 PM
Thought the two penos were both fouls outside the box though.

They were outside, but it's a  problem that defenders are just pulling down attackers who are running through on goal  and not even attempting a legitimate tackle. They were two professional fouls(for the want of a better term) and there needs to be a proper punishment for those kinds of fouls. One man on the line for a penalty would help for fouls inside the box but it will still pay to drag down the man before he gets into the box.

manfromdelmonte

Two badly hit penalties.
Defenders allowed off the line.

Rossfan

Quote from: Asal Mor on September 08, 2014, 06:42:49 AM

They were outside, but it's a  problem that defenders are just pulling down attackers who are running through on goal  and not even attempting a legitimate tackle. They were two professional fouls(for the want of a better term) and there needs to be a proper punishment for those kinds of fouls. One man on the line for a penalty would help for fouls inside the box but it will still pay to drag down the man before he gets into the box.

Seemingly it's against God's Law to have a black card in hurling because we're told by "hurlingmen" that there's no cynicism in their game.
And of course Refs can't send off anyone from a Big County. :-\
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

AZOffaly

Two great sports lads. Can we not leave it at that?

Sidney

Fitting that the inter-county season should once again finish with the more important final.

screenexile

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 08, 2014, 11:52:54 AM

I don't get this... at the top level both sports are great. Why do the hurling/football fraternity have to keep saying "ours is better">???

Jinxy

It's all a bit 'needy' if you ask me.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Sidney

Quote from: Jinxy on September 08, 2014, 12:07:02 PM
It's all a bit 'needy' if you ask me.
There's nothing needy about it. It's an assertion of rightful superiority.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Rossfan on September 08, 2014, 10:37:11 AM
Quote from: Asal Mor on September 08, 2014, 06:42:49 AM

Seemingly it's against God's Law to have a black card in hurling because we're told by "hurlingmen" that there's no cynicism in their game.
And of course Refs can't send off anyone from a Big County. :-\

They just need to watch the Kilkenny minors.
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

Sure where would the fun be in that?
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

didlyi

Quote from: screenexile on September 08, 2014, 12:05:27 PM

I don't get this... at the top level both sports are great. Why do the hurling/football fraternity have to keep saying "ours is better">???

With respect to true hurling fans we do acknowledge the greatness of both  games. Have a look through twitter on the hurling final and you will find its those who are new to both games are making the comparisions between both codes and calling hurling better.