that says what he means and
means what he says...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Hardy on September 07, 2014, 05:18:55 PM
Quote from: bcarrier on September 07, 2014, 05:17:31 PM
Correct decision at end IMO.

Penalty situation a bit of a joke.

Why?

Outside the box? new rule in the middle of championship rewards foul play?

Thought he was charging myself.
#newbridgeornowhere

laoislad

Quote from: Denn Forever on September 07, 2014, 05:23:11 PM
Off to watch the Soccer now.
One of the greatest matches on the biggest day of the GAA calendar and now a soccer match to watch.
If Carlsberg did Sundays.....
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Syferus on September 07, 2014, 05:09:42 PM
Quote from: Hardy on September 07, 2014, 05:08:37 PM
Stupidest decision ever nearly decided the AIF. If it was football they'd be talking about nothing else.

He turned the shoulder into the marker. It was the right decision.

Agreed
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Hardy

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 07, 2014, 05:23:31 PM

Why?

I thought the situation before the change was the joke. A penalty was supposed to be taken from 20 metres but lads were hitting the ball from 13 metres. For me, today's two penalties (both dubious) were badly taken.

BluestackBoy

Quote from: Hardy on September 07, 2014, 05:31:59 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 07, 2014, 05:23:31 PM

Why?

I thought the situation before the change was the joke. A penalty was supposed to be taken from 20 metres but lads were hitting the ball from 13 metres. For me, today's two penalties (both dubious) were badly taken.

Tipperary would have been better off without the penalty awards as they would have had 2 easy points wheras they ended up with nothing from the penalties.
For what shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world & loses his soul.

Dinny Breen

If a penalty is to be taken 20m out would it not be fairer to have only the goalie on the line? To me it now favours the defending team and that can't be right.
#newbridgeornowhere

bcarrier

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 07, 2014, 05:38:19 PM
If a penalty is to be taken 20m out would it not be fairer to have only the goalie on the line? To me it now favours the defending team and that can't be right.

agreed.

easytiger95

I think it would be fairer if your trailing foot has to be on or behind the line when the sliotar is struck - the new methods are impeding the guy's run up and therefore they are not able to strike fully through it. Although maybe it was perspective on the screen, but I don't think either guy used the full 5 metres - I thought it would have been better to sacrifice proximity for a cleaner strike.

As for the last foul, during live play I was convinced Hogan was done, but the replay shows Maher has planted himself and Hogan does turn the shoulder, without changing his direction. Very physical hit from Maher, but on balance, I think the ref got it right. Thought the two penos were both fouls outside the box though.

Fabulous game - even better than last year's two games I thought - just more physical and evenly matched, whereas I thought Cork were blessed both day's last year to be within spitting distance of Clare.

Dangleberrys

Quote from: Dinny Breen on September 07, 2014, 05:38:19 PM
Maybe award 2points from a penalty when it goes over the bar. Still have chance for 3 but guaranteed 2 if taken...

Rossfan

+1.
Exciting game esp the ending but give me a good football game any day.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

laoislad

Quote from: Rossfan on September 07, 2014, 07:32:10 PM

+1.
As rare as hens teeth.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Quote from: laoislad on September 07, 2014, 07:34:45 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on September 07, 2014, 07:32:10 PM

+1.
As rare as hens teeth.

Seemingly not.

Wildweasel74

Mighty game of hurling the day, after a poor year overall for hurling, very very few wides and the game was of the highest standard, I wonder will wexford take note giving the wides tally they clock up during a game