Hurling puts football in the shade

Started by Wildweasel74, August 11, 2013, 04:04:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DuffleKing

Yawn

I was at hurling championship final recently and it was a glorified hockey match - the worst excuse for a field sport i ever had to endure. Which is the true reflection?

Wildweasel74

Dare i even say anything, another clinker the day again

laoislad

When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

Syferus

Great to see the Roscommon hurlers doing so well.

Club Rossa

Mickey Harte won't be impressed with the lack of defensive play :P

5 Sams

I have to say that some of the skill I saw today was unbelievable. There used to be a poster on here called First Touch Joe Cooney (FTJC). Some of the first touches today were unreal.
The Aristocrat Years

DuffleKing

Sidney

In Davy "El Loco" Fitzgerald, hurling possesses the greatest character in Irish sport.

What a day, and the €10 above face value I paid for a Canal End ticket five minutes before the throw in was SO worth it.

Viva the Baby Banner, and viva la revolucion.

BartSimpson

Best gamne in the world. Brilliant stuff. tryin to watch MOTD now and im bored.
guwan the parish

Syferus

Quote from: Sidney on September 28, 2013, 10:27:17 PM
In Davy "El Loco" Fitzgerald, hurling possesses the greatest character in Irish sport.

What a day, and the €10 above face value I paid for a Canal End ticket five minutes before the throw in was SO worth it.

Viva the Baby Banner, and viva la revolucion.

Tut tut.

Jell 0 Biafra

What a match.  Cracking stuff.

The missus just started watching the hurling this year.  Trying to explain to her just how lucky she is.

Wildweasel74

Again hurling games like this are unmissable,

Zulu

The funny thing is when football delivers games like this there is always a significant number of people who complain about the lack of defending. A high scoring hurling game is always lauded as a great game while a high scoring football can be derided for a lack of defending. Football can't win sometimes.

Today's game was excellent but you'd really have to wonder where the defenders were!

Wildweasel74

10 goals would tend to say both full back line were a tad awol

laoislad

Bump.
Kilkenny Galway was excellent today.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.