Previous topic - Next topic

rodney trotter

Quote from: tommysmith on August 10, 2013, 11:55:31 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 10, 2013, 10:35:18 AM
Quote from: tommysmith on August 10, 2013, 09:19:43 AM
Quote from: rodney trotter on August 09, 2013, 11:31:35 PM
Quote from: anglocelt39 on August 09, 2013, 11:27:08 PM
Quote from: Itchy on August 09, 2013, 10:44:50 PM
From what I'm hearing there is no way back, too many players against it.

Looks like our most likely all star cian mackey wants him back at any rate. Mackey has had a fair bit of face time with the media this season so who knows what to make of his very highly reported comments. The huge obstacle to him coming back is is attitude and what it would say to other members of the panel who've put the work in over the past 12 months. Some people are questioning whether he has enough ability for the panel I think we need a small reality check on that one Our full forward line had its issues on Sunday

Cian was one of the 6 dropped when Seanie was dropped, so hardly a surprise in Fairness that he would want him back. If the players who played against Seanie last year in Breffni were willing to have him back then there should be no problem. (Hard to see it)Providing he is playing well at Club level, and is willing to work for the team he has a chance.

In fairness to Mackey and Hyland neither of them or anyone connected with the Cavan Panel who is asked is gong to say no we don't want him back.   As i said before he is not is the age range that Hyland is looking at, he more or less retired James Reilly this year and Mickey Brennnan last year(I know it was time for both to go anyway). 

Mark McKeever didn't really get a look in the championship despite been one of the best players in the league, i have never seen him play better football and he is the same age as Johnston.

The Anglo Celt did a poll ( the newspaper not the poster from here) and it was clear from that what the Cavan Public think of him.

He may not even come back to the Gaels his head is that stuck up his own ass looking for an apology from them, he should be let stay with St Kevins and play there if he wants.

James Reilly made it any easy decision for him not to be selected by missing trainings and not attending a bonding session in Athlone before the Championship. McKeever went to New York for a wedding and then lost his place in the team, he was also carrying a knock before the championship.
It wasn't to do with his age.

Well if you want to talk about missing training Gilsenan went on a bender to Vegas for 10 days after the Armagh game and also misses training sessions regular enough.  So i would think it has alot to do with age.

Not in McKeever's case, they didn't decide to not select because they suddenly realised he was 29. After playing great  football during the league.

Miller was beginning to be a liability in nets so hardy a surprise he wasn't selected.

tommysmith

Ok you have a different opinion than me.

rodney trotter

Westside

Looks like he's back.. On the same night Cavan Gaels are knocked out of the Championship!

rodney trotter

Quote from: Westside on August 31, 2013, 09:00:59 PM
Looks like he's back.. On the same night Cavan Gaels are knocked out of the Championship!

Gaels are still in the championship back door. When did you hear the transfer went through, there has been no word of that.

Westside

Ah right I thought they were out. Don't have any solid details rodney just the word on the street!

tommysmith

Quote from: Westside on August 31, 2013, 09:15:20 PM
Ah right I thought they were out. Don't have any solid details rodney just the word on the street!

I was at game and no word about him.

Though they were out myself, they were poor tonight and Castlerahan fully deserved the win.

rodney trotter

Nah they are def still in the Championship (backdoor). Oisin O Connell and Ronan Flanagan had great games for Casterahan. Mackey was very lively too.

tommysmith

Just checked and not transfer has gone through for Johnston.

Minder

Saw it on Twitter there that he has been granted a transfer back to Cavan Gaels
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

qubdub

that dickhead looks out for no one only numero uno. Any Cavan man worth his salt would disown the f**ker without hesitation

stephenite

I remember his cameo with the hurling club in Kildare, that your man never passed him the sliotar is one life's great tragedies, would love to have seen what happend

Itchy

Quote from: tommysmith on August 31, 2013, 10:33:54 PM
Tommy, type mistake in your post. Are you saying it has not gone through?

The Gaels obviously have no self respect or respect for the players they already have. SJ should stick to playing soccer with that fine club in Cavan.

Itchy

Quote from: qubdub on September 01, 2013, 04:21:59 AM
that d**khead looks out for no one only numero uno. Any Cavan man worth his salt would disown the f**ker without hesitation

Recent survey in the local paper in Cavan showed their is little support for his return. A minority were willing to forgive and forget but 60% were against his return. I think something below 10% believed he was right to leave in the first place.

For me SJ would have to apologise to the Cavan public for his behaviour and then close his gob and play with his club and see what happens. The chances of either him apologising or closing his gob are as remote as me winning an all star.

tommysmith

Quote from: Itchy on September 01, 2013, 09:40:34 AM
Quote from: tommysmith on August 31, 2013, 10:33:54 PM
Tommy, type mistake in your post. Are you saying it has not gone through?

The Gaels obviously have no self respect or respect for the players they already have. SJ should stick to playing soccer with that fine club in Cavan.

As of Friday it hasn't gone through.

I'd imagine it will Monday if all this talk is true.