Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on June 30, 2012, 11:13:13 PM
I see McGeeney has come out and said if Seanie wants to make the Kildare team he'll have to give up the hurling and focus on the football..

Very Good :)

mylestheslasher

Quote from: rrhf on July 01, 2012, 08:46:50 AM
I could never support Meath
I'm lifting my ban on supporting meath today, after which I'm going to power wash myself and then back to normal on Monday.

mup

Hope the rest of the world is anti Kildare. It was something else last year. I love every bit of this.   Amazing how people can be influenced by the media. Work away people because we dont care.

Hardy

Supporting Meath is like joining the Mob. You can't just resign when you decide you're finished with it.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: mup on July 01, 2012, 09:21:59 AM
Hope the rest of the world is anti Kildare. It was something else last year. I love every bit of this.   Amazing how people can be influenced by the media. Work away people because we dont care.

I'm sure the rest of the world are foaming at the mouth about kildare. As we speak their are protest marches in outer Mongolia. ::)

el_cuervo_fc

I hope Kildare hammer Meath out the gate

AQMP

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on June 30, 2012, 09:01:36 PM
What's Seanie going to do when McGeeney/Davis up and leave Kildare (most likely) at the end of this year???
Pick another up and coming county to transfer to?

He's gonna hurl for Antrim...after yesterday he'll probably get a game

Lar Naparka

Whatsup mup?? You seem in horrid bad form at the moment.
Of course the media can influence people. That's what they are there for, isn't it?
I'd say most media heads would do a 1800 turn if they felt there would be more in it for them to do so.
I think much of the bad press Kildare got last year is down to fears of professionalism creeping into the setup there. They  has been widely perceived as willing to buy success.
That may have been open to debate up until the present but I don't think there can be any doubt right now. McGeeney and his allies were always going to get their man if both he and Seanie wanted this badly enough. The slipshod nature of the regulations ensured this.
I'm fairly sure that they will get their wish at some stage of the proceedings today but bringing him on may backfire on the Lilywhites as the hype generated is likely to knock them off their stride.  Only time will tell but my fifty cent is going on Meath today because of the Seanie factor. 
Feck it, I'm behind Meath for the present game at any rate. While Seanie may have had good reason to give Andrew the two fingers, the way he went about getting himself a flour bag doesn't appeal to me.

C'mon, the Royals!!
(Oh f**k, there's goes my breakfast.  ;D)
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Hound

Quote from: DuffleKing on July 01, 2012, 08:04:54 AM

Wherever the GAA is going it is being steered there by Croke Park.

This calamitous scenario was created by some half wit on Jones' road who thought he could gerrymander the rules to circumvent the official guide.

That's nonsense in my view.

The rules were changed for good reason. The ethos of the GAA was clearly being undermined by this transfer. The rules around inter county transfers are designed to allow that if someone moves county for work or personal reasons, they may have the option to switch county allegiance. However, where somebody who lives and works in their home county, to switch address purely for the purposes of playing for a different county, that's a completely different scenario, clearly against the ethos, and anyone who can't see that is an idiot (stand up Darragh O'Shea).

But ethos is very hard to rule on, as it relies on people being honest. So the GAA were absolutely 100% correct to tighten up the rules. Timing wasn't great, as it should have been done after the Walsh/Wicklow/Carlow affair, but better late than never, and they probably didn't go far enough in that they should have made it code specific - although I guess they underestimated how far down the ethos chain Kildare were prepared to plummet.

The one minute hurling farce is a huge embarrassment for Kildare GAA and thus the whole GAA. Be interesting to see how this plays in the media. It's a huge potential stick for the anti-GAA brigade to hit us with, but the media have been slow on this whole story, and only for the GAA themselves making an issue of the initial lies re the address, this would not have been a media story at all, in general it seems the media would love to have an inter county transfer market

stephenite

The media have and continue to be complicit in anything that seeks to undermine the amateur ethos of the GAA. Full time GAA correspondents see it as in their best interests to support the evolution to a full time professionalism.

haranguerer

Quote from: Hound on July 01, 2012, 01:05:17 PM
It's a huge potential stick for the anti-GAA brigade to hit us with, but the media have been slow on this whole story, and only for the GAA themselves making an issue of the initial lies re the address, this would not have been a media story at all, in general it seems the media would love to have an inter county transfer market

You've managed to contradict yourself completely in one sentence, quite an achievement

haranguerer

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 01, 2012, 12:56:54 PM
Of course the media can influence people. That's what they are there for, isn't it?

Really??!!

ludermor

Quote from: Lar Naparka on July 01, 2012, 12:56:54 PM

Whatsup mup?? You seem in horrid bad form at the moment.
I'd say most media heads would do a 1800 turn if they felt there would be more in it for them to do so.

thats a f**king serious turn! Though i would pay to see the the head of the likes of Roy Curtis do a 1800 turn

trileacman

I'd have to say that I've had it with this team, not just for the recent cheating but for all the things they've been up to over the years. They are the absolute epitome of what is wrong with the GAA, cheaters, gym monkeys and thugs. Anyone who can support them is an absolute crook.

But enough about Meath, looking forward to seeing Kildare play.
Fantasy Rugby World Cup Champion 2011,
Fantasy 6 Nations Champion 2014

Tubberman

Whelan and brolly not holding back on the Sunday game!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."