Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Thats not the issue. Wherre were the media when he transferred? Where were they when Billy Sheehan transferred?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Quote from: mup on June 05, 2012, 09:05:31 PM
Thats not the issue. Wherre were the media when he transferred? Where were they when Billy Sheehan transferred?

Celebrating, that chap is on a par with C Parkinson

Jinxy

So you were against it.
That's interesting.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

heffo

They were all over it. Did you have your head in a hole?

mup

Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2012, 09:17:15 PM

So you were against it.
That's interesting.

For the record yes I was.

mup

Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2012, 09:17:35 PM

I must have been. I don't recall the Sindo having articles about it even week for a few months. Maybe I had other things on my mind at the time.

heffo

Quote from: mup on June 05, 2012, 10:02:06 PM
Quote from: heffo on June 05, 2012, 09:17:35 PM

I must have been. I don't recall the Sindo having articles about it even week for a few months. Maybe I had other things on my mind at the time.

You must have is right. That transfer was submitted three times and dragged on for three and a half months. You're not very informed are you?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Jinxy on June 05, 2012, 07:10:33 PM
To be honest Myles, regardless of what twitter polls and such like may say, I've yet to encounter an honest to goodness GAA man who approves of this transfer.

Likewise. I have not met any cavan supporter that backs his move either. Most are happy to see the back of him. I wouldn't have any friends in cavan Gaels so possibly he may have supporters in there.

Jinxy

I remember the Thomas Walsh affair pretty well.
It got a lot of coverage at the time but it's understandable that the Seanie Johnston issue would get more coverage as you're dealing with a higher profile player and a much higher profile county.
That equates to greater public interest, more papers sold etc.
But the media coverage is incidental really.
The essential question is, is this right or is it wrong?
Which is a different question to, is this legal or is it illegal?
Mup, if you were against the Thomas Walsh transfer you should be against the Seanie Johnston transfer as it ticks all the same boxes and then some.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 05, 2012, 10:45:20 PM
To be honest Myles, regardless of what twitter polls and such like may say, I've yet to encounter an honest to goodness GAA man who approves of this transfer.

Likewise. I have not met any cavan supporter that backs his move either. Most are happy to see the back of him. I wouldn't have any friends in cavan Gaels so possibly he may have supporters in there.

I dunno, myles. He seems to have a fair few supporters on this board and I'm guessing they are mostly from Cavan.
I know a number of the Rory's supporters in the Belturbet area and it's fair to say opinion was divided when I last went for a pint in the Shoes.
TBH, I felt that any support for him was down to the fact that many perceived that he was harshly treated by the county board and by Val Andrews.
Right now, I'd agree that the vast majority of the Cavan folks I know don't like the way he went about getting himself a flour bag but not all objected to his right to move..
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Donnellys Hollow

10/06/12
Keadeen Hotel Senior Football League Div 2 Round 9 All Games @ 3-00pm
Kilcock v St Kevin's

Forget about the soccer match, the rugby in New Zealand, Kerry and Cork, Tyrone and Armagh, Longford and Wexford, even Carlow and Meath. The seminal event of the sporting weekend, if not the sporting year, will take place in Kilcock this Sunday. There'll be a bumper commemorative supplement in the Sindo to mark the occasion no doubt.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Lar Naparka on June 05, 2012, 11:17:38 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on June 05, 2012, 10:45:20 PM

I dunno, myles. He seems to have a fair few supporters on this board and I'm guessing they are mostly from Cavan.
I know a number of the Rory's supporters in the Belturbet area and it's fair to say opinion was divided when I last went for a pint in the Shoes.
TBH, I felt that any support for him was down to the fact that many perceived that he was harshly treated by the county board and by Val Andrews.
Right now, I'd agree that the vast majority of the Cavan folks I know don't like the way he went about getting himself a flour bag but not all objected to his right to move..

I don't believe any of the regular cavan contributors on here have declared they support him. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on June 05, 2012, 11:18:20 PM
10/06/12
Keadeen Hotel Senior Football League Div 2 Round 9 All Games @ 3-00pm
Kilcock v St Kevin's

Forget about the soccer match, the rugby in New Zealand, Kerry and Cork, Tyrone and Armagh, Longford and Wexford, even Carlow and Meath. The seminal event of the sporting weekend, if not the sporting year, will take place in Kilcock this Sunday. There'll be a bumper commemorative supplement in the Sindo to mark the occasion no doubt.

Jinxy

When will Kevins be out in the championship next?
Heard a rumour they're going to throw a wig on Seanie and have him tog out for the ladies.

Donnellys Hollow

No need for a wig. He could grow a nice moustache and he'd pass for a woman from out Staplestown direction!

They're drawn against Sarsfields in the losers round whenever that will take place. I hope he's ready for the relegation battle.

Interesting to see how he gets on against Kilcock on Sunday. They'll be half tempted to get Davy Dalton out of retirement for that one.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?