Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: kildare2012 on May 28, 2012, 02:53:52 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 28, 2012, 01:01:50 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 28, 2012, 12:49:13 PM
Quote from: orangeman on May 28, 2012, 12:24:11 PM
"The most disappointing thing for me is the way the Kildare Gaels have embraced this."

That's a rather sweeping generalisation from Brolly. Plenty of people in Kildare are against this move.

But the tide is turning DH, people are just pissed off with how it's been handled by the GAA and articles and comments like the above and others on Kildare's finances are creating rightly or wrongly a siege mentality in the county.

They are two simple truths yet everyone has an opinion regardless

1. It has not been disclosed by the Cavan Management or SJ why he was omitted from the Cavan squad.
2. It has not been disclosed by the Kildare Management or SJ how he ended requesting a transfer to Kildare.

Instead all we have is conjecture which as I far as I know is not enough to find anybody guilty of anything but is enough to send some posters into a rabid response.

if you can remember on kfm seanie johnson stated his reasons for coming to kildare. you just listen to paper talk. and fact is he lives in straffan and has been seen there many a times

When Killian Whelan asked him "Why Kildare?" in the interview you refer to, Johnston answered that he chose Kildare because he thought they had good setup and that he knew Davis and Carew from his college days. Would the obvious answer not have been: because I live in Straffan?

He may well be living in Straffan but why didn't he transfer to their club then? McGeeney doesn't have any problem picking players from junior or intermediate clubs if he thinks they're up to it e.g. Rob Kelly (Straffan), Peter Kelly (Two Mile House), Emmet Bolton (Eadestown). Instead of joining the local club, Johnston's transfer is to a club that is a twenty minute drive away from Straffan and also happens to be the club of the one Kildare native selector. I may be wrong, but I doubt there are too many lads living in Straffan that ply their trade with Kevin's.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

kildare2012

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 28, 2012, 03:48:12 PM
"The most disappointing thing for me is the way the Kildare Gaels have embraced this."

That's a rather sweeping generalisation from Brolly. Plenty of people in Kildare are against this move.

But the tide is turning DH, people are just pissed off with how it's been handled by the GAA and articles and comments like the above and others on Kildare's finances are creating rightly or wrongly a siege mentality in the county.

1. It has not been disclosed by the Cavan Management or SJ why he was omitted from the Cavan squad.
2. It has not been disclosed by the Kildare Management or SJ how he ended requesting a transfer to Kildare.

Instead all we have is conjecture which as I far as I know is not enough to find anybody guilty of anything but is enough to send some posters into a rabid response.

if you can remember on kfm seanie johnson stated his reasons for coming to kildare. you just listen to paper talk. and fact is he lives in straffan and has been seen there many a times

When Killian Whelan asked him "Why Kildare?" in the interview you refer to, Johnston answered that he chose Kildare because he thought they had good setup and that he knew Davis and Carew from his college days. Would the obvious answer not have been: because I live in Straffan?

He may well be living in Straffan but why didn't he transfer to their club then? McGeeney doesn't have any problem picking players from junior or intermediate clubs if he thinks they're up to it e.g. Rob Kelly (Straffan), Peter Kelly (Two Mile House), Emmet Bolton (Eadestown). Instead of joining the local club, Johnston's transfer is to a club that is a twenty minute drive away from Straffan and also happens to be the club of the one Kildare native selector. I may be wrong, but I doubt there are too many lads living in Straffan that ply their trade with Kevin's.

yeah but he said he knew carew so asked him could he join kevins which is 5mins away

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: kildare2012 on May 28, 2012, 03:54:08 PM
Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 28, 2012, 03:48:12 PM

yeah but he said he knew carew so asked him could he join kevins which is 5mins away

But isn't that the whole problem? He isn't transferring to a club because he's found himself in Kildare through work or whatever, he's transferring there because he knows Carew.

Also 5 mins? What route are you driving? http://maps.google.ie/maps?saddr=Straffan,+Co.+Kildare&daddr=Staplestown,+Kildare&hl=en&sll=53.312486,-6.608105&sspn=0.027742,0.084543&geocode=FeZ7LQMdFyub_ylnqlxgDXpnSDGwijGXqccACg%3BFVrCLQMdNb-Y_ymnzW4L_3xnSDEQhDGXqccACg&gl=ie&mra=ls&t=m&z=13

Dinny Breen

I love reading the Geezerites on the Kildare Forums, they're like devoted disciplines who refuse to countenance the simple suggestion that McGeeney got this one wrong and badly at that.
#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 28, 2012, 04:20:32 PM
I love reading the Geezerites on the Kildare Forums, they're like devoted disciplines who refuse to countenance the simple suggestion that McGeeney got this one wrong and badly at that.

Ah but remember the Crofton years Dinny....

One of them was having a go at us on there last week!

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 28, 2012, 04:27:27 PM

I saw the thread about Heffo alright but have given up on the transfers one, it was just going around in circles. The funny thing is I only expect Kildare to reap the rewards of McGeenys work after he as left, he has a particular young team and our underage structures are on par with Dublin if not talent wise. I fully expect another Kildare forum favourite Glen to step into the breach and push us on again, he'll probably bring Michael Quinn down with him.

#newbridgeornowhere

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 28, 2012, 04:39:31 PM

I saw the thread about Heffo alright but have given up on the transfers one, it was just going around in circles. The funny thing is I only expect Kildare to reap the rewards of McGeenys work after he as left, he has a particular young team and our underage structures are on par with Dublin if not talent wise. I fully expect another Kildare forum favourite Glen to step into the breach and push us on again, he'll probably bring Michael Quinn down with him.

Quote from: "Fair play to ohtoo and mup in standing up for Kildare even though he dosen't agree with the transfer. There are a couple of other Kildare lads on there who should grow a pair and do the same."

http://kildaregaa.boardonly.com/t899p810-transfers-in-the-gaa

:o

heffo

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 28, 2012, 04:46:35 PM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 28, 2012, 04:39:31 PM

Quote from: "Fair play to ohtoo and mup in standing up for Kildare even though he dosen't agree with the transfer. There are a couple of other Kildare lads on there who should grow a pair and do the same."

http://kildaregaa.boardonly.com/t899p810-transfers-in-the-gaa

:o

Thats telling ye two now!

Dinny Breen

Yes Kildare GAA is great and the rest of you are all a shower of wankers and are in no way entitled to your opinion, no matter how informed and objective.
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Looks like civil war in Kildare.
Our forces are at a heightened state of readiness at the border crossings in Maynooth and Kilcock lest it spillover.
All fleeing refugees will be met with cold steel and a hail of half-empty mineral bottles.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Jinxy on May 28, 2012, 05:27:28 PM
Our forces are at a heightened state of readiness at the border crossings in Maynooth and Kilcock lest it spillover.
All fleeing refugees will be met with cold steel and a hail of half-empty mineral bottles.

The artillery up in Kells from 1997 are being redeployed south to Walterstown, Kilcloon, Blackhall, Longwood and Enfield so?

;)

Go home ref

Good God man all talk of those years should be strictly forbidden

mup

Dinny, this is not a dig and I don't know the full story so forgive me if I'm wrong. Did your own club not 'bring in' a couple of outsiders from a neighbouring club in recent years?

Jinxy

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 28, 2012, 05:36:38 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on May 28, 2012, 05:27:28 PM

The artillery up in Kells from 1997 are being redeployed south to Walterstown, Kilcloon, Blackhall, Longwood and Enfield so?

;)

There's a rumour about that Seanie initially tried to transfer to us but was politely rebuffed from a distance of about 30 yards after approaching on foot waving a white flag.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: mup on May 28, 2012, 06:08:33 PM
Dinny, this is not a dig and I don't know the full story so forgive me if I'm wrong. Did your own club not 'bring in' a couple of outsiders from a neighbouring club in recent years?

If you mean did we facilitate the transfer of players from another club to our own in recent seasons well then the answer is yes, the same thing that happens at club level every day of the week across the country. They had there own reasons for wanting to join Towers and they certainly weren't contrived, there is no parish rule in Kildare and the transfers were sanction under Kildare GAA by-laws governing such transfers. As a rule of thumb in Kildare a player can seek a transfer if wants to play at a higher level and the transfer is generally granted. But I guess you know all that are just trying to play the hypocrite card but surely you can see the difference between those type of local transfers compared to this national inter-county transfer.

#newbridgeornowhere