Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mylestheslasher

Ok Steven gerrard no 8. Care to tell me a few cavan games he won single handedly that you were at.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 27, 2012, 09:22:04 AM
Ok Steven gerrard no 8. Care to tell me a few cavan games he won single handedly that you were at.

I haven't seen too many Cavan games in recent years but I was in Newbridge when he almost destroyed Kildare single-handedly in a qualifier in 2008. Took an injury-time James Kavanagh goal to win it.
Wasn't he also instrumental in 2010, coming off the bench when Cavan were seven points and two men down against Wicklow. Think he kicked six points during a cameo. That's heroic stuff.
Not saying he's the greatest forward in the country but to say he's a bad or below average player simply isn't true.
I'm sure he's had plenty of bad days too but it can't often have been easy being corner-forward on a struggling team - let's face it, Cavan have been muck for a decade and are only coming out of the doldrums now.

mylestheslasher

LeoMc

Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 27, 2012, 01:35:48 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 26, 2012, 09:51:44 AM
Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 26, 2012, 02:15:48 AM
Quote from: Westside on May 26, 2012, 01:06:24 AM
Best player in the last 10 years!? Consistently!? You sir are deluded. Johnston is behind Larry Reilly, Jason Reilly and Dermot McCabe in terms of impact and talent over the past decade.
Think your the one that's deluded.behind larry and Jason Reilly,your having a laugh,not even in the same league

Judging by your user name and comments I'm guessing you watch more premier league than cavan gaa. Johnson wouldn't even figure in my top 15 cavan players in my life time. I'd take McCabe with 1 leg ahead of him and Larry was just way better. Johnston played as many crap games as he did great ones and bulked up a lot of his score tallies with frees.
Take your head out of your ass and don't be such a d**k the whole time myles.so if we watch other sports we cannot have an opinion on GAA.you obviously have a massive problem with seanie Johnston,maybe it's jealousy I dunno but get over yourself.i saw him play with Cavan and Cavan Gaels plenty of times and always thought he was a fine player who sometimes won games single handedly and was by far better than them other players you mentioned.he was surplus to requirements for the Cavan team and was approached to play for Kildare and decided to give it a go as he still has plenty to offer at the top level

Interesting ;)

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 27, 2012, 05:08:01 PM
Who said he was bad or below average?

Plenty of people, not saying you, but I've heard the phrase 'all this fuss over an average player' a lot the past week. He may not be a world-beater but he's well above average.

Donnellys Hollow

Sure we've plenty of above average players as it is. No need for another one. Fionn Dowling gave two Kildare defenders a hard time of it for Suncroft against Celbridge last weekend and young Mellett from Naas was excellent against the Sash. They're some of the lads we should be focussing on.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

haranguerer

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 27, 2012, 10:56:11 PM
Sure we've plenty of above average players as it is. No need for another one. Fionn Dowling gave two Kildare defenders a hard time of it for Suncroft against Celbridge last weekend and young Mellett from Naas was excellent against the Sash. They're some of the lads we should be focussing on.

What will happen these lads now? Will they be cast by the wayside? That would be a pity aright.

Donnellys Hollow

Still odds against that Johnston will play for Kildare at all this summer IMO. No more club championship until after Kildare are out and the hurling thing is a complete non-runner and won't take place until the start of July anyway.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

bottom brick

There was a vote on The Sunday Game tonight about the Johnston saga being against the ethos of the GAA. 52% agreed and 48% disagreed. But the three panelists were all against it. I thought the general public opinion would have been against but it seems its a lot more divided than i thought
Shoot for dough, pass for show...

Dinny Breen

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 27, 2012, 10:56:11 PM

Quit that talking sense, Fionn is a serious talent and after his injuries is coming back into form, hopefully he'll get a chance against the Biffos.

#newbridgeornowhere

mylestheslasher

Bottom brick, that's a blast from the past. Same man or coincidental use of same user name?

bottom brick

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 27, 2012, 11:21:53 PM
Bottom brick, that's a blast from the past. Same man or coincidental use of same user name?
Coincidence I'm afraid Myles, hope I can live up to my namesake's reputation!

Jinxy

Quote from: bottom brick on May 27, 2012, 11:00:19 PM
There was a vote on The Sunday Game tonight about the Johnston saga being against the ethos of the GAA. 52% agreed and 48% disagreed. But the three panelists were all against it. I thought the general public opinion would have been against but it seems its a lot more divided than i thought

You're using Twitter as a barometer for general public opinion?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

bottom brick

Quote from: Jinxy on May 27, 2012, 11:36:06 PM
Quote from: bottom brick on May 27, 2012, 11:00:19 PM

You're using Twitter as a barometer for general public opinion?
No, RTE are. Im against the move myself but havent seen any other polls. Maybe samwin08 could put a poll up on this thread? Although Im fairly sure most people on here are also against it

Jinxy

If we had a show of hands on gaaboard to see how many posters have twitter accounts it would probably be in single figures.
If you were any use you'd be playing.