Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lar Naparka

Quote from: ludermor on May 24, 2012, 12:31:47 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 24, 2012, 11:45:00 AM
Quote from: Dinny Breen on May 22, 2012, 12:25:57 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 24, 2012, 11:23:38 PM
The brother spent last weekend in Belturbet visiting the in-laws. As he expected, there was plenty of talk about Seanie and Val and everybody, including his 90 plus mother-in-law had taken sides.
He was quite surprised at the number who backed Seanie. He claims everyone he spoke to reckoned Val was a total waste of space or worse.
Seanie got plenty of stick alright but nobody he talked to reckoned Val was up to it.

According to what he was told, Seanie and a few other players used Twitter to chat amongst themselves and in the process gave their opinions of Val and his management style.
Apparently, Val became aware of what was being posted about him and got to read the comments. Seems he wasn't too impressed.
The rest as they say is history.

I have no way of telling whether this really happened or not but I know a few of the buckos the bro met up with and they are all sound GAA men. Rory's supporters, the lot of them.
What has surprised me is that none of the Cavan lads on here have brought this story up to date. I'm not saying I know it's the truth but I'd bet that those who mentioned it to my brother did so in good faith.

Seriously, are you all just arguing for the sake of arguing even I who couldn't give a shit anymore about this saga remember the above allegation.

Hah???
I take it that's not directed at me personally but rather to the individuals here with a constipation of ideas and a diarrhoea of expression who are giving it welly.
I am a retired individual so I just don't have the time to sit my my keyboard all day. ;D
Pretty sure it was aimed at the people who said they didnt hear about the online allegations

Ah, sure I know damn well it was.
I'm just trying to give Jinxy a hand to make a hundred pager out of this topic since the Ballagh one fizzled out. The Rossies have no fight left in them at all. ;D
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

tommysmith

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on May 24, 2012, 11:55:36 PM
wish they give this man the transfer or this thread will go on forever, easily gotta hit a 100 pages, can we not talk about something else

Do you live in the clouds?

squire_in_navy_slacks

Who is this upstart gonna replace in the starting 15 ???? ..................................... guarantee this bucko johnson gets sent off vs meath or dublin  ;)....................................the bould seamus kenny ger brennan or phily mcmahon will bend his ear

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: squire_in_navy_slacks on May 25, 2012, 10:21:57 AM
Who is this upstart gonna replace in the starting 15 ???? ..................................... guarantee this bucko johnson gets sent off vs meath or dublin  ;)....................................the bould seamus kenny ger brennan or phily mcmahon will bend his ear

Assuming Earley and Hugh Lynch are not ready for 70 minutes and Padraig O'Neill starts midfield with Flynn (which is a big assumption) that leaves Doyle, Callaghan, Conway, Eoghan O'Flaherty, Kavanagh and O'Connor as highly probable starters; so I wouldn't take it for granted that Johnston will start at all, though he might end up playing Doyle at midfield which creates a slot. I reckon if Johnston is eligible and in good form he will end up pushing Smith, Padraig Fogarty and Fionn Dowling down the pecking order. Though McGeeney tends to base his team selections on who's going well in training so it could be any six from all the players I've named.
Also, I would imagine that Ger Brennan will be shorter odds to get sent off than anyone else, with the possible exception of Diarmuid Connolly.

screenexile

Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 11:18:54 PM
Well there we go! I find it incredibly interesting that you are perfectly willing to accept payments, or at least shrug and say 'sure theres nothing we can do', which is completely against the 'ETHOS OF THE GAA', but are crying like f**k about a transfer which fulfils the GAAs own rules (and doesnt even run contrary to any ethos, real or imagined).

Stop the payments, and would there be any problem with players moving willy nilly? No, which would invalidate any of the 'greater good' arguments. Talk about not being able to see the wood for the trees!!

(Btw, just to clarify I'm certain SJs transfer isnt motivated by money. Do you or anyone else on here think it is?)

Seanie?? Is that you??!

What are you on about showing outrage for pay for play? It's been debated at length on this forum with very few people coming out in favour of it. As I have also said there is nobody on here defending the transfers of Tomkins, Walsh etc. so why are you trying to say people keep defending it?

The Johnson situation stinks to high heaven. The manager who dropped him isn't there any more . . . what possible reason is there that he's not playing for Cavan again?!!

There can only be 2 reasons for it:

1. He's a complete disruption to the team and the current management team don't want him either.

2. He's a mercenary who sees that Cavan are 4/5 years away from making a serious challenge and has decided to turn his back on his County for glory elsewhere.

Whether the rules are wrong or blah blah blah there is something inherently wrong with someone turning their back on the people who made him the footballer he is today. Were I one of his previous coaches I would feel physically sick at the thought of him being allowed to transfer to Kildare when I'd invested so much time and effort into somebody who was going to help get Cavan Football out of the doldrums!

tommysmith

In fairness the the present manager was part of the management team who got rid of him and some would say was the one that wanted him gone from the panel.

mylestheslasher

Its done, lets not waste any more words on this glory hunter

Westside

Hyland did say when asked about Johnston that if Johnston was playing for Cavan Gaels that they would of course see how he was going but that Johnston had gone fairly far down the road of playing for Kildare.

I wonder what our poster Samstheaim thinks of all this.......

heffo

I agree. There was one outstanding issue though whether it comes to light or not remains to be seen.

haranguerer

Quote from: screenexile on May 25, 2012, 12:13:59 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on May 24, 2012, 11:18:54 PM
Well there we go! I find it incredibly interesting that you are perfectly willing to accept payments, or at least shrug and say 'sure theres nothing we can do', which is completely against the 'ETHOS OF THE GAA', but are crying like f**k about a transfer which fulfils the GAAs own rules (and doesnt even run contrary to any ethos, real or imagined).

Stop the payments, and would there be any problem with players moving willy nilly? No, which would invalidate any of the 'greater good' arguments. Talk about not being able to see the wood for the trees!!

(Btw, just to clarify I'm certain SJs transfer isnt motivated by money. Do you or anyone else on here think it is?)

Seanie?? Is that you??!

What are you on about showing outrage for pay for play?

If you're going to stick your oar in, at least try to ensure you've the context correct.

The pay for play issue only arose in this context because the SJ transfer has been held up as this precedent which will release floodgates and players will get money hand over fist to go to counties everywhere.

The point was that those wringing their hands over the SJ saga and the ethos of the GAA are seemingly oblivious to the fact that in the scenario they envisage as now inevitable, there is a much bigger issue than SJs transfer, which they dont seem too bothered about. It seems incredibly short sighted, or inconsistent, I'm not sure which.

Stevie g 8

Seanie Johnston going back with Cavan was never going to happen,why would he,he got no support from the players at the time when he was treated appallingly by management.he carried them on his own for years and he got treated like that.better off well away

heffo

Quote from: mylestheslasher on May 25, 2012, 12:42:32 PM
Its done, lets not waste any more words on this glory hunter

Keep you powder dry Myles. This one has legs to run yet.

magpie seanie

Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 25, 2012, 02:03:00 PM
Seanie Johnston going back with Cavan was never going to happen,why would he,he got no support from the players at the time when he was treated appallingly by management.he carried them on his own for years and he got treated like that.better off well away

Yes - let us all rejoice that this man has been released from the shackles of oppression that bound him. Hallelujah!  ::)

Bingo

Where did he carry them to? Was he driving the bus?

Maybe the fact that the players never even whimpered tells its own tale.

heffo

Quote from: magpie seanie on May 25, 2012, 02:49:59 PM

Yes - let us all rejoice that this man has been released from the shackles of oppression that bound him. Hallelujah!  ::)

The ties that bind still oppress him Seanie. He isn't free yet. Watch this space.