Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciarrai_thuaidh

This is going to reach the level of Monty Python-esque farce if he plays hurling for some junior team! If he's registered, just let him play football for f*ck sake. I don't agree with this transfer because of the dangerous precedent it sets, but if its going ahead then fine, just don't make our organisation more ridiculous by making him line out in a hurling game.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

orangeman

Out of curiosity, will he now begin to train with the hurlers or the footballers ?.

What about a wee bit of handball ?. Surely this might be a bit handier played than the hurling ?. Sure you could get a wee match sorted anytime at the local alley ? Would that qualify him ?.

Ciarrai_thuaidh

Quote from: LilySavage on May 24, 2012, 10:03:28 AM
About time. Strange how people dont appear to be overly worked up about Billy Joe Paddens transfer to Armagh, he works in Kildare or Billy Sheahans transfer to Laois. He lives and works in Dublin. Johnston spends enough time in Kildare now and is not wanted by his own county.

Maybe its just me (or because he is fairly shit anyway) but that transfer was a complete joke..worse than the Johnson one. Sheahan barely shows his face in Emo (his alleged Club) from one year to the next I'm told.
"Better to die on your feet,than live on your knees"...

AZOffaly

About time. Strange how people dont appear to be overly worked up about Billy Joe Paddens transfer to Armagh, he works in Kildare or Billy Sheahans transfer to Laois. He lives and works in Dublin. Johnston spends enough time in Kildare now and is not wanted by his own county.

Was just going to say what Ciarrai Thuaidh said. Sheahan's one was at least as bad as Seanie's. I thought Billy Joe had fairly serious ties with Armagh though?

heffo

About time. Strange how people dont appear to be overly worked up about Billy Joe Paddens transfer to Armagh, he works in Kildare .

Padden worked in Armagh for four years, has lived there for five and is married to an Armagh woman. He also spent three years commuting to training in Mayo at a time when he was out of the Mayo team more often than he was in.

Can't see the comparison myself...

LilySavage

I dont believe there was as much of an outcry when Larry Tompkins, the greatest footballer of his era, transferred to Cork after he fell out with Kildare Co Board? Sick of arguing this point. The transfer has been granted. No rules have been broken. Seems like 'True Gaels'  just want to argue for arguments sake. And Heffo, I presume you are a Dub, dont even talk about GAA transfers. Half the All Irelands you have were won by players who didnt come from Dublin.

heffo

Quote from: LilySavage on May 24, 2012, 10:14:25 AM
I dont believe there was as much of an outcry when Larry Tompkins, the greatest footballer of his era, transferred to Cork after he fell out with Kildare Co Board?

By that stage he had already won a hatful of New York County championships with Donegal - hardly the same as this situation.

As for transfers in Dublin, the day the Dublin footballers develop a transfer policy such as the one McGeeney has I'll keep schtum. Until then I'm perfectly entitled to voice my opinion, just as you can defend the policy.

LilySavage

'As for transfers in Dublin, the day the Dublin footballers develop a transfer policy such as the one McGeeney has I'll keep schtum. Until then I'm perfectly entitled to voice my opinion, just as you can defend the policy.'

Deal!

spuds

I dont believe there was as much of an outcry when Larry Tompkins, the greatest footballer of his era, transferred to Cork after he fell out with Kildare Co Board? Sick of arguing this point. The transfer has been granted. No rules have been broken. Seems like 'True Gaels'  just want to argue for arguments sake. And Heffo, I presume you are a Dub, dont even talk about GAA transfers. Half the All Irelands you have were won by players who didnt come from Dublin.
Lily, bringing in all the other bad cases still does not detract from the farce that this Seanie Johnston case is. By blaming laws and bad cases people are going down the John Gilligan road of trying all means possible to get the laws that be to work out for them. McGeeney and Kildare Co. board after all the hard work done over the last few years are a laughing stock. I cannot imagine most Kildare fans being too pleased either.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

screenexile

Is there a losers round in the Championship that means Seanie will get to play for Kevins??

johnneycool

Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2012, 11:01:03 AM
This is funny now.

Seanie Johnston will always be Seanie Johnston but what a complete fcukin jokeshop Kildare GAA have become.

Forgive my ignorance on the lad, but is he that good to be going through all this pish for him?

haranguerer

Lmao! SJ isnt the joke, the GAA and their committees are, trying to uphold rules that dont exist. What a bunch of clowns!

I hope your committee is more adept Heffo (btw, did Dinny refresh your memory ok?)  ;D

haranguerer

Quote from: johnneycool on May 24, 2012, 11:14:14 AM
Quote from: hardstation on May 24, 2012, 11:01:03 AM
This is funny now.

Seanie Johnston will always be Seanie Johnston but what a complete fcukin jokeshop Kildare GAA have become.

Forgive my ignorance on the lad, but is he that good to be going through all this pish for him?

Hes a player that wants a transfer - its him who has to go through the pish, and it is absolute pish!

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: screenexile on May 24, 2012, 11:03:33 AM
Is there a losers round in the Championship that means Seanie will get to play for Kevins??
Yes. Even if they lose the next round there would be more games to decide who gets relegated.

Ohtoohtobe

Quote from: heffo on May 24, 2012, 10:19:25 AM
I dont believe there was as much of an outcry when Larry Tompkins, the greatest footballer of his era, transferred to Cork after he fell out with Kildare Co Board?

By that stage he had already won a hatful of New York County championships with Donegal - hardly the same as this situation.

As for transfers in Dublin, the day the Dublin footballers develop a transfer policy such as the one McGeeney has I'll keep schtum. Until then I'm perfectly entitled to voice my opinion, just as you can defend the policy.

How is it different, Tompkins and Fahy playing for a county at the far end of the country? I don't remember anyone saying that Cork's two All-Irelands were tainted, or that the team contravened the ethos of the GAA.
Btw, I assume you boycotted Dublin games when Brian Murphy was on the panel?