Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mup

Heffo can you categorically provide proof that this so called registered letter from Croke Park was returned to sender. Because as far as I'm concerned its a load of cobblers.

Funnily enough why can't Dublin minors try and win something with their own? I see they have a lad that plays his minor club football in Meath on their panel. I don't care if he's Mick Deegans son, he's playing his football in Meath.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: haranguerer on May 19, 2012, 11:43:48 AM
Quote from: INDIANA on May 19, 2012, 11:32:41 AM

I couldnt care less if he transfers personally but it sets a dangerous precedent for the GAA if it allows someone to largely instigate a transfer based on exceptionally tenuous evidence that he moved county for work and residence purposes.

Surely not as dangerous a precedent as not following your own rules?!

I just dont see how it was refused. Does anyone know the actual reasons given, and the evidence they had for these? Or do they have autonomy to make any decision they choose?
That's what really concerns me.
AFAIK, the CCCC has not given any reason for the unscheduled postponement of the latest hearing.
I know that they don't have to but that's missing the central point.
Is Seanie entitled to transfer or is he not according to the rules and procedures of the GAA?
I expect the hearing next week to authorise the move.
That will put Seanie out of contention for a place on the Kildare side this year but there's always next year and the year after....
That not what the player or the Kildare CB wanted but it's only a delaying tactic that will damage the credibility of the CCCC.

It's going to leave every case that comes before this body open to dispute and claims of partiality.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

AZOffaly

Lar, they had the meeting. They've said that the proposed transfer breaches their rules. They obviously changed their mind about postponing the meeting at least.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: haranguerer on May 19, 2012, 12:05:36 PM
I've a feeling this will be futile, but anyway...

Which two rules did they cite? That one someone posted about ethos was a pisstake surely? In regard to the residency, he fulfilled it - have they proved he doesnt live there?

SJ fulfils all the requirements for a transfer. If they feel there is a problem with the way he has fulfilled those requirements, then its up to them to consult and if necessary, make changes to the rules in the future. But they cant legitimately reject a transfer which meets the requirements.

I've no idea what that is you're on about people not liking the rules etc etc. They've been fulfilled, so you must be referring to yourself and the CCC?

Its in the papers. 6.1 and 6.9. You seem to know more about what evidence the cccc are looking at than they themselves. Care to elaborate how you know Johnson has satisfied the rules but the cccc are just ignoring rules?

Hill16 Blues

Quote from: mup on May 19, 2012, 12:38:46 PM
Heffo can you categorically provide proof that this so called registered letter from Croke Park was returned to sender. Because as far as I'm concerned its a load of cobblers.

Funnily enough why can't Dublin minors try and win something with their own? I see they have a lad that plays his minor club football in Meath on their panel. I don't care if he's Mick Deegans son, he's playing his football in Meath.

I think having just won the senior and u21 all Ireland's with 'our own' players and missed out on the minor all Ireland by the skin of our teeth we're doing rather all right on that score. Thanks for asking though!!!

heffo

I don't see it as funny at all and I'm surprised that a well researched person like yourself would seek to muddy the waters with such a weak point.

Donaghmore/Ashbourne played their club football at their own request in Dublin up to U12, Michael Deegan has played for Dublin since U12, was born in Dublin and moved to Meath a few years ago. Goes to school in Dublin, has never been asked by Meath to represent them and plays for Dublin under the 'parent' rule.

Can I assist you with any further clarification?

Onlooker

I don't see any problem in Michael Deegan playing for Dublin as he was born in Dublin and I understand that he lived there for a while. However, I don't think that he is playing for Dublin under the parentage rule, as I think that rule only applies to "weaker" counties.  Mayhe heffo could confirm either way.  Anyway, best of luck to the lad in his football career with Dublin.  His father was a fine player.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: AZOffaly on May 19, 2012, 12:54:37 PM
Lar, they had the meeting. They've said that the proposed transfer breaches their rules. They obviously changed their mind about postponing the meeting at least.
Fair enough, AZO.
I didn't know they had changed their mind about holding the meeting this coming week but the whole saga has gotten so messy now that it's hard to know what is going on.
I don't expect McGeeney and the CB to let it go at that.
Expect Seanie to front an appeal ASAP.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 19, 2012, 01:38:28 PM
Fair enough, AZO.
I didn't know they had changed their mind about holding the meeting this coming week but the whole saga has gotten so messy now that it's hard to know what is going on.

KCB are split down the middle on SJ. They've been very quiet on the issue and it's clear that it's the senior management pushing this. Personally think someone within KCB (apart from Seámus Aldridge who has already spoke out against it) should have called a halt to this long ago and told the senior management to cop themselves on. I can't imagine Pádraig Ashe would have stood for it. The county is a laughing stock over this and there are plenty of forwards in Kildare capable of doing a job.

I'm off to watch our own county minors now. Them young lads are the future of Kildare football - not Seánie Johnston.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

rrhf

Fair play
Its time Kildare County Board distanced themselves from this, they could be seen to be above this caper whatever ways its adjudicated.  I could never see what happened on League final day ever being allowed in other counties.  From a simple team bonding principle I dont see the logic in Mc Geeney allowing a relative stranger to celebrate a league title win when he played no part whatsoever, regardless of what may his role be in the future.  It suggests outside managers do not have 100% loyalty to a county, their own talent, their reputation and their ethos. 

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on May 19, 2012, 01:50:36 PM
Quote from: Lar Naparka on May 19, 2012, 01:38:28 PM
Fair enough, AZO.

KCB are split down the middle on SJ. They've been very quiet on the issue and it's clear that it's the senior management pushing this. Personally think someone within KCB (apart from Seámus Aldridge who has already spoke out against it) should have called a halt to this long ago and told the senior management to cop themselves on. I can't imagine Pádraig Ashe would have stood for it. The county is a laughing stock over this and there are plenty of forwards in Kildare capable of doing a job.

I'm off to watch our own county minors now. Them young lads are the future of Kildare football - not Seánie Johnston.

I think you are dead right on all counts.
It's fairly obvious that Seanie has been getting tacit support from the KCB but damage limitation should be the priority now.
Even if he turns out for the county now, his presence will only be a distraction for players and supporters alike.

haranguerer

Having said that, if SJ decides he wants to transfer to a club in Kildare and be considered for selection for Kildare, then its nothing to do with the co board.

Unless they have some say in what goes on re selection for the co team.

Which, if it was the case within kildare and elsewhere (i.e. Cavan), would interestingly have seen this whole situation never arise!  ;D

haranguerer

Quote from: heffo on May 19, 2012, 01:03:57 PM

I've seen a copy of the returned letter from Croke Park, hence I posted it here before it was widely reported in the national media.

Interesting there has been no denial from the Kildare camp that it didn't happen.

Interesting that having seen such indisputable evidence as the returned letter itself you still felt it necessary to point out that it hadnt been denied #bullshit  ;)

haranguerer

Did you see the letter or the envelope?  :P

Jinxy

If quality contributors like Rodney are jumping ship I'm going to have to seriously consider my position.
If you were any use you'd be playing.