Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stevie g 8

Why don,t they just give the man his transfer.What are the GAA trying to prove by delaying it.Thats what,s wrong with the GAA ,officals that have nothing better to do than try and block a man playing that was surplus to requirements in Cavan and go and better himself with playing for a better team.Its amateur after all.The quicker players can transfer or play for whatever team they wish the better.He is going to get enentually

Jinxy

If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Celt_Man on April 30, 2012, 05:17:55 PM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on April 29, 2012, 09:51:25 PM
Jinxy, I called Johnston's attitude on here years ago and some posters from cavan criticised me. Same said posters have now retired instead of manning up and admitting I was right all along. All seanie cares about is seanie and nothing else. He is an embarrassment and should never ever be given a cavan jersey again.

Holy jaysus and ya give out about Sean's ego!!!  ;D ;D

Go on don't be a shite and tell us what you think yourself.  ;)

INDIANA

Quote from: Jinxy on April 29, 2012, 10:06:51 PM
Why is he involved with the panel?
He doesn't play for Kildare.

Are Kildare fans not embarrassed by this? Sends a great message out to  some of their younger players.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: INDIANA on April 30, 2012, 08:26:10 PM

Are Kildare fans not embarrassed by this? Sends a great message out to  some of their younger players.

Totally agree. Plenty of good young players in the county like Dowling and Feely while Fogarty showed yesterday that he's more than capable of holding his own at this level. 
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Hill16 Blues

Have said before what I think of Johnston and his proposed move but that photo of him celebrating with the Kildare players is an embarrassment.  McGeeneys behaviour re Johnston is a disgrace.

haranguerer

Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2012, 12:20:57 PM
Whats the difference in the situation with Johnson and Enda Williams?

Anyone?

Jinxy

Quote from: INDIANA on April 30, 2012, 08:26:10 PM

They'd be better off if they had a bit of faith in their own young lads like Fogarty.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Denn Forever

Have to admit I had to google to find out who Enda Williams was.  Williams born in Leitrim but appears as if he left when he was not getting a game.  Can any Longford poster shed any more light.

Quote from: haranguerer on April 30, 2012, 10:20:58 PM
Quote from: nrico2006 on April 23, 2012, 12:20:57 PM
Whats the difference in the situation with Johnson and Enda Williams?

Anyone?

From the Leitrim Observer

http://www.leitrimobserver.ie/sport/gaelic-games/leitrim-boost-with-williams-switch-1-3681577

Williams, who withdrew from the Longford panel last week, can transfer to Leitrim under the parentage rule but he is not expecting to line out with the Green & Gold next Sunday in Aughrim against Wicklow in a crunch Allianz NFL Division 4 encounter

From Shannonside website
http://www.shannonside.ie/sports-details.php?nid=1077

The Leitrim senior football team have received a major boost for the reminder of their Allianz league involementm and the upcoming Connacht and All Ireland championship campaigns.

The former Longford centre half back Enda Williams, who last week withdrew from the Longford Senior panel is expected to join up with the Leitrim squad early next week.

Williams, who was born in Leitrim, can transfer back to his native county under the parentage rule. Speaking on the Shannonside local sports news this morning Leitrim joint manager Brian Breen confirmed the news and welcomed  William's involvement with the Leitrim squad.

Enda Williams was a regular on the Longford team for a number of years but has failed to command a regular starting place on Glen Ryan's team in recent times after suffering an injury setback last season. Longford have now secured back to back promotions and will operate in Division 2 of the Allianz Football League next season. Brian Breen explained to Shannonside Sport that Williams still feels he has loads to offer at the highest level and the only county he considered playing with after leaving the Longford panel was Leitrim.
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

LaurelEye

Quote from: Denn Forever on April 30, 2012, 11:31:07 PM
Have to admit I had to google to find out who Enda Williams was.  Williams born in Leitrim but appears as if he left when he was not getting a game.  Can any Longford poster shed any more light.

What it says on the tin. Williams was the captain of the 2002 minors and was cheesed-off that he wasn't getting his game. Only immediate attractions in Leitrim football would be the regular foreign travel - London and New York.
Leader Cup winners: 1945, 1947, 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 2013, 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021, 2023.

rodney trotter

Myles your remark about Is anyone sorry to see him go is a tad ironic considering you called him a traitor etc amongst other things in the previous 54 pages.. You clearly don't like the lad that is fair enough, but would it not be better if you were happy if he got his transfer as you wouldn't have to look at him in a Cavan jersey again. He is a amatuer player ffs get over it. Because johnston is probaly the only player ever to probaly swith counties from Cavan he gets crucified. Cavan had made lots of attempts in the past at getting Dublin based players, Nesty Smith was the only one we managed to get. Give the lad a break, he might have his faults regarding attidude at times but he was brillant player for Cavan for a long time, last year wasn't his best but it was shite in general for Cavan with 2 bad defeats against Donegal and Longford and a mediorce league.

mylestheslasher

Rodney,

-He is not the 1st player to transfer from Cavan but probably the 1st to transfer because he was simply dropped and to go to a county where he has no connections.
- I don't know Sean Johnston, but I know what he has done and while I'd like to have seen him react by digging in and fixing his flaws instead he has simply shown exactly the type of character he is, i.e. one we are better off withiout.
- I am happy he is never going to play for us again.
- I don't wish him well in his endeavors to play for Kildare because it is against the whole ethos of the GAA and there is no good reason he should be allowed play for them. He is a mercenary looking for glory in a foreign county. Couldn't be more wrong.
- Cavan tried to get lads with Cavan connections for the most part. One exception was Rory Gallagher and I was against that myself and it was a total waste of time.
- Was he that brilliant?? At times yes but at what cost to the rest of the team? I could count his brilliant championship performances on one hand. I'd need my other hand and toes to count the amount of games he quit trying in.

Stevie g 8

myles you say the ethos of the GAA-you are typical of a lot of GAA fans,jealous and bitter to seeing anyone trying to better himself or doing well.just cause the lad has a lot of talent dont be knocking him.he is amateur after all and not getting paid

heffo

Quote from: Stevie g 8 on May 01, 2012, 05:24:43 PM
you are typical of a lot of GAA fans,jealous and bitter to seeing anyone trying to better himself or doing well

Why can't he better himself while helping his county and giving a bit of leadership to a fine bunch of young players coming through?