Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Westside

This is brilliant.. Richie gets wind that Johnston is back training with the Gaels and all of a sudden Johnston is a model of loyalty. Despite the fact that he was training with the Kildare club and tweeting with his ex-Gaels teammates about how he wouldn't be playing with them this year and is producing tenency agreements and utility bills to prove he is living in Kildare in an attempt to move.

Yes Johnsotn is great with the young lads. One particular young lad on the panel told me about Johnston telling Carr to **** off before a league game in which he was told he wouldn't be on freetaking duties. A real role model the floury Seanie.

haranguerer

Quote from: heffo on February 25, 2012, 07:33:03 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 07:27:36 PM
Is there anything stopping someone from being a member of two clubs?

Yes. The GAA rule book.

Christ. You are exposing absolutely tons of shit the GAA should be cracking down on tonight, for I know a lot of lads that play football for one club and hurl for another - I'm pretty sure they're full members of both. Do you want to let them know?

Richiej

Quote from: Westside on February 25, 2012, 08:29:21 PM
This is brilliant.. Richie gets wind that Johnston is back training with the Gaels and all of a sudden Johnston is a model of loyalty. Despite the fact that he was training with the Kildare club and tweeting with his ex-Gaels teammates about how he wouldn't be playing with them this year and is producing tenency agreements and utility bills to prove he is living in Kildare in an attempt to move.

Yes Johnsotn is great with the young lads. One particular young lad on the panel told me about Johnston telling Carr to **** off before a league game in which he was told he wouldn't be on freetaking duties. A real role model the floury Seanie.

Seanie is training with the Gaels because he is member of the Gaels and also players representitive elected at the AGM in Dec.
As far as im aware this hasnt changed simply because no transfer has gone through.

As for telling Tc to Fcuk off?? Well he probably just said what every other player and supporter want to say.
I wish someone would tell Andrews to Fcuk off....and more importantly i hope he heeds it when they do!

mylestheslasher

Richie, do you honestly think it is ok for a player to tell his manager to f**k off in a pre match team talk. If i was Cavan manager for that game the jersey would have veen given to someone else and seanie told to f**k off.

tommysmith

Quote from: mylestheslasher on February 26, 2012, 09:23:43 AM
Richie, do you honestly think it is ok for a player to tell his manager to f**k off in a pre match team talk. If i was Cavan manager for that game the jersey would have veen given to someone else and seanie told to f**k off.

Its ok if its seanie.

Westside

This was at the beginning of Carr's 2 years in charge at a league game.. I asked what Johnston was like as a teammate and his response was short but telling: "He does what he wants"
Worth noting that Seanie publicly supported TC staying on.. I suppose he liked getting his way.

Johnston is like Denis Glennon and Paddy Bradley. Talented players but what they add to a team with talent, they take away in poor attitude.

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 10:54:44 PM

Yes. The GAA rule book.

Christ. You are exposing absolutely tons of shit the GAA should be cracking down on tonight, for I know a lot of lads that play football for one club and hurl for another - I'm pretty sure they're full members of both. Do you want to let them know?

There is an exception for players playing different codes for different clubs.

Any further questions you need answered?

Lar Naparka

Myles, I don't have any particular favourite in this row; neither Seanie nor Val strikes me as particularly mature adults.
Now, I don't claim to have any inside information on what's going on behind the scenes but, from what I can see and hear, Andrews is an even bigger plank than Johnston.
For starters, it seems Val found out what Seanie and others had to say about him on Twitter. (At least, that seems to be the general consensus here on this board and appears to be taken for granted on the ground in Cavan.)
Now, to my way of thinking that was a privileged 'conversation' amongst a number of his players. As other players have done, they didn't realise that their comments were available to the public.
So they were not meant for Val's ears or, in this case, eyes.

A case of virtual eavesdropping if you like.

If the players in question had been stirring up dissension or mutiny or whatever amongst their fellow players or seeking support in some way to do a Gaddafi on the f**ker, I'd accept his right to take pre-emptive action but it seems they were doing no more than what they would do if they met up on the street.

If players can't strongly disagree with their manager and I mean "disagree," not beat the crap outa him, things have come to a sorry pass.

After all, they are the ones who are giving up the most productive years of their lives in the cause of club and/or county and they are doing it at considerable expense to themselves.
Surely Val should accept that not all players have total confidence in him or are happy to let him carry on as he pleases.
You say it's not okay for a player to tell his manager to f**k off. 

I would wonder why you are so definite about this. Given Val's record as manager to date, I'd wonder why loads more players haven't done the same already.

If Seanie was on his own, it could well be a case of him being a troublemaker but when it seems there is a group involved in a row with Val, I think you could well look elsewhere to find the reason for the present flare up.
Seanie is doing himself no favours with his claim to be resident in Straffan and he doesn't strike me as a level-headed, agreeable type of chap either.
But from what some who taught him tell me, he used to be a very popular young fella with no pretensions to grandeur whatever.
Maybe, just maybe, a look at Cavan's championship record and the list of managers since he started playing senior for the county could provide the reason for that.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

imtommygunn

Was the twitter stuff in full public view? If so then it's not ok to slag your manager on it with all and sundry able to see it...

I wouldn't be taking sides either as I don't think anyone has come out of this very well. Andrews looks like "a plank" and Johnston is pretty much on a par too.

Westside

Lar Naparka: Johnston didn't have a twitter account until December 2 months after being dropped, Mackey the same, Lyng doesn't have one and neither does Sheridan.

Jinxy

Quote from: Lar Naparka on February 26, 2012, 04:41:32 PM

Myles, I don't have any particular favourite in this row; neither Seanie nor Val strikes me as particularly mature adults.
Now, I don't claim to have any inside information on what's going on behind the scenes but, from what I can see and hear, Andrews is an even bigger plank than Johnston.
For starters, it seems Val found out what Seanie and others had to say about him on Twitter. (At least, that seems to be the general consensus here on this board and appears to be taken for granted on the ground in Cavan.)
Now, to my way of thinking that was a privileged 'conversation' amongst a number of his players. As other players have done, they didn't realise that their comments were available to the public.
So they were not meant for Val's ears or, in this case, eyes.

A case of virtual eavesdropping if you like.

If the players in question had been stirring up dissension or mutiny or whatever amongst their fellow players or seeking support in some way to do a Gaddafi on the f**ker, I'd accept his right to take pre-emptive action but it seems they were doing no more than what they would do if they met up on the street.

If players can't strongly disagree with their manager and I mean "disagree," not beat the crap outa him, things have come to a sorry pass.

After all, they are the ones who are giving up the most productive years of their lives in the cause of club and/or county and they are doing it at considerable expense to themselves.
Surely Val should accept that not all players have total confidence in him or are happy to let him carry on as he pleases.
You say it's not okay for a player to tell his manager to f**k off. 

I would wonder why you are so definite about this. Given Val's record as manager to date, I'd wonder why loads more players haven't done the same already.

If Seanie was on his own, it could well be a case of him being a troublemaker but when it seems there is a group involved in a row with Val, I think you could well look elsewhere to find the reason for the present flare up.
Seanie is doing himself no favours with his claim to be resident in Straffan and he doesn't strike me as a level-headed, agreeable type of chap either.
But from what some who taught him tell me, he used to be a very popular young fella with no pretensions to grandeur whatever.
Maybe, just maybe, a look at Cavan's championship record and the list of managers since he started playing senior for the county could provide the reason for that.

They said the same thing about Josef Stalin.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

haranguerer

Quote from: heffo on February 26, 2012, 02:45:20 PM

Yes. The GAA rule book.

No, I actually (figuratively speaking) got up off my arse and checked the rules myself. As I thought, theres nothing to stop someone being a member of two clubs, but having said that, a playing  member cant be a member of a club he is ineligible to play for. So while technically the question I asked was answered incorrectly by yourself, in terms of the bigger issue, I was barking up the wrong tree.

The point still stands though, given that loads of lads train with clubs that they arent eligible to play for, him doing likewise isnt that strange of an issue surely.

Hardy

Exactly. If he was peeing in a policeman's helmet, that'd be a different thing.

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on February 26, 2012, 05:26:20 PM
Quote from: heffo on February 26, 2012, 02:45:20 PM

Yes. The GAA rule book.

No, I actually (figuratively speaking) got up off my arse and checked the rules myself. As I thought, theres nothing to stop someone being a member of two clubs, but having said that, a playing  member cant be a member of a club he is ineligible to play for. So while technically the question I asked was answered incorrectly by yourself, in terms of the bigger issue, I was barking up the wrong tree.

The point still stands though, given that loads of lads train with clubs that they arent eligible to play for, him doing likewise isnt that strange of an issue surely.

Just so I'm clear here, what you are saying is that a person can be a member of two different clubs, have voting rights in both clubs and be registered as a player with both clubs. Is that correct?

What would happen if Seanie did his cruciate while illegally training with whatever club he's not registered with? How would he get to Cavan town each morning for work? Who would pick up the bill as he wouldn't be insured...

mylestheslasher

Lar - he told Tommy Carr to f**k off not Andrews. He told him that because he gave free taking to another player. He disrupted the whole preperation for a match because he wasnt taking the frees. Now given that Westside just told you that seanie had no Twitter account and the "f**k off"was not to Andrews would you like to review your post? Btw, seanie also walked out on donal keoghan the manager before Carr.