Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Any of the Cavan lads have the lowdown here?
Has Seanie given up on the bright lights of Straffan?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Don't know Jinxy, don't care either. If he does go back to Cavan gaels he will probably lose his deposit on his new rented house in straffan.

Lar Naparka

The brother spent last weekend in Belturbet visiting the in-laws. As he expected, there was plenty of talk about Seanie and Val and everybody, including his 90 plus mother-in-law had taken sides.
He was quite surprised at the number who backed Seanie. He claims everyone he spoke to reckoned Val was a total waste of space or worse.
Seanie got plenty of stick alright but nobody he talked to reckoned Val was up to it.

According to what he was told, Seanie and a few other players used Twitter to chat amongst themselves and in the process gave their opinions of Val and his management style.
Apparently, Val became aware of what was being posted about him and got to read the comments. Seems he wasn't too impressed.
The rest as they say is history.
I have no way of telling whether this really happened or not but I know a few of the buckos the bro met up with and they are all sound GAA men. Rory's supporters, the lot of them.
What has surprised me is that none of the Cavan lads on here have brought this story up to date. I'm not saying I know it's the truth but I'd bet that those who mentioned it to my brother did so in good faith.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

Jinxy

But everyone can see what you say on Twitter can't they?
I doubt they'd be that dumb to use twitter to give out about Val.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on February 24, 2012, 11:41:16 PM
But everyone can see what you say on Twitter can't they?
I doubt they'd be that dumb to use twitter to give out about Val.
No, you can protect your tweets so only followers you manually approve can read them. The same happened to Alan Dillon and Peadar Gardiner  and I think a couple of other Mayo lads when they started criticising John O'Mahony a few years ago.
It seems your tweets are public by default but I''m sure others know more about this than I do.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

haranguerer

That is what I've heard - that there were a number of players who had been posting negative comments about andrews on the net, he found out and ditched the 6 of them (the no I heard) of whom seanie was one.

The issue about him training with cavan gaels isnt that relevant I reckon. |He didnt want to leave until he had to to qualify to play interco football elsewhere, and obviously retains his affinity with them (the slant that he threw the head up and left cavan gaels in bad humour because they wouldnt back an appeal at 10k is absolute bollocks, and its pretty low of the poster who said that to give it that spin) so obviously trains with them the odd time....well, either that or hes been told andrews is walkng shortly

Richiej

I can't wait to see Seanie kicking points from all angles for Kildare. Because that will make Andrews look a bigger clown than he already looks.

Jinxy

Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 12:42:42 AM
That is what I've heard - that there were a number of players who had been posting negative comments about andrews on the net, he found out and ditched the 6 of them (the no I heard) of whom seanie was one.

The issue about him training with cavan gaels isnt that relevant I reckon. |He didnt want to leave until he had to to qualify to play interco football elsewhere, and obviously retains his affinity with them (the slant that he threw the head up and left cavan gaels in bad humour because they wouldnt back an appeal at 10k is absolute bollocks, and its pretty low of the poster who said that to give it that spin) so obviously trains with them the odd time....well, either that or hes been told andrews is walkng shortly

He's already training with St. Kevins though isn't he?

haranguerer

My point is what would be strange about a player who had transferred to another club, if home (forget the ins and outs of the residency argument) goign along to a training session with his old club? It happens a lot.

Westside

Lads I don't think Johnston had a twitter account until after this whole thing started. Facebook perhaps but then the comments would be private unless he read them through a mutual friend's account.

Richie how will that make Val look like a bigger clown? Nobody is doubting Johnston is capable of kicking scores. What he does at Kildare is completely irrelevant to Val Andrews and to Cavan. Except the fact that him being there will prove what a little sell out he really is.

Jinxy

Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 11:40:56 AM
My point is what would be strange about a player who had transferred to another club, if home (forget the ins and outs of the residency argument) goign along to a training session with his old club? It happens a lot.

Does it?
When they had no good reason for leaving that club in the first place?

heffo

Quote from: haranguerer on February 25, 2012, 11:40:56 AM

Aside from the fact that he's ineligible to train with anyone aside from St Kevins and hence uninsured were he to suffer an injury, there's nothing 'strange' whatsoever about it. In fact this whole episode has been entirely straightforward.

Richiej

Quote from: Westside on February 25, 2012, 12:52:28 PM
Lads I don't think Johnston had a twitter account until after this whole thing started. Facebook perhaps but then the comments would be private unless he read them through a mutual friend's account.

Richie how will that make Val look like a bigger clown? Nobody is doubting Johnston is capable of kicking scores. What he does at Kildare is completely irrelevant to Val Andrews and to Cavan. Except the fact that him being there will prove what a little sell out he really is.
.    Westside .... The whole thing started from comments on the hogstand. Val thought Seanie was badmouthing him anonymously , that's why Val took exception and told Seanie he wouldn't use him this year. A friend of Seanie who works in Cavan hospital is from Armagh and happens to be a personal friend of McGeeneys family tipped McGeeney off about the situation. That's how it all started. Seanie now has 2 options. Transfer lock stock n barrel to Kildare , kick them from all angles and make Val look stupid for dropping him or stand his ground , play for the Gaels and hope Val gets the boot or resigns this year. If he plays for the Gaels tomorrow we will know the option he took. Val started all this. He had no reason to drop Seanie . He wasn't the worst player last year. It's just Andrews looking for attention.. Well he will get plenty of attention of he don't start picking up league points

Sidney

I find it very confusing that Seanie Johnston is training with Cavan Gaels, seeing as he is a member of the St. Kevin's club in Kildare and living in Straffan. Seanie is also on record in a recent interview as saying that "If I'm playing with Kildare and training six days a week, it's impossible to be living in Cavan."

But it seems he's training in Cavan...so by Seanie's own standards, doesn't that make it impossible for him to be living in Kildare?

My word, this is all very confusing. Oh, so confusing.

Westside

So you admit that the whole Kildare thing is a farce then Richie?? What kind of Gael are you that you'd want to see Johnston break the whole ethos of the GAA, leave Cavan and your beloved Gaels to go play with Kildare.

Also that's an extremely one sided version of events and ignores Johnston's terrible attitude on the field at times and the fact that he was not well liked by his teammates in the main. He'd also want to show a hell of a lot more than he has in Cavan's last 3 Championship games before he intends on "kicking them from all angles".

Johnston lacks class and a fair bit of common sense. That much is blatantly obvious from this whole saga. If Andrews goes I would imagine any manager would think twice about Johnston's role in the team given how quickly he abandoned Cavan this year.