•   100 – Pages of guff written so far
•   4 million – People who can't believe the amount of coverage
•   20 – Championship games played by Johnston without scoring a goal
•   100,000 – Lilywhite fans sure he is new messiah
•   1 – Campaigns left before Kieran McGeeney calls it a day
•   £93,100 – Harry Redknapp's cut if 'transfer'goes through

And . . .
SEANIE JOHNSTON UPDATE
Meanwhile, Kildare football boss Kieran McGeeney says Seanie Johnston is the type of player who would fit perfectly into his team. The Cavan forward has never scored a championship goal and 'Geezer' feels that might suit the Lilywhites.
According to the manager, "Sure one more lad who couldn't hit a bull's arse with a shovel won't di us any harm.
"The beauty is that there will be no jealousy if he comes into the squad. The players are used to that kind of sharp-shooting. To be honest with you, the groundsman hasn't put up the nets for a while now, says it's a 'waste of his time'. I know how he feels."

sams the aim

Myles u seem to have a lot of information, d lads are back are they? It wud b v hard for mister lyng to be back after our manager told him he was not good enough for the championship only good enough for the league. Do you honestly think those lads would ever go near val Andrews again, most certainly not, they have some level of self respect left, rumours a few more are leaving cos of our present manager, shows what he is like putting miller back in the goals after him being back in the panel aweek and fintan Reilly training since October, v good management that, may aswel just come out and say We HAVE DONE NO WORK ON KICKOUTS THIS YR. can u not get ur kicks another way myles without personally abusing s fella who gave up 4 or 5 nights a week training and playing with Cavan since minor level and prob before

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: sams the aim on February 10, 2012, 11:35:46 PM
Myles u seem to have a lot of information, d lads are back are they? It wud b v hard for mister lyng to be back after our manager told him he was not good enough for the championship only good enough for the league. Do you honestly think those lads would ever go near val Andrews again, most certainly not, they have some level of self respect left, rumours a few more are leaving cos of our present manager, shows what he is like putting miller back in the goals after him being back in the panel aweek and fintan Reilly training since October, v good management that, may aswel just come out and say We HAVE DONE NO WORK ON KICKOUTS THIS YR. can u not get ur kicks another way myles without personally abusing s fella who gave up 4 or 5 nights a week training and playing with Cavan since minor level and prob before

Have to say I would agree with that point. Very strange move. Does anybody know exactly what is going on? It still all just hear say

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sams the aim on February 10, 2012, 11:35:46 PM

That's what I heard but it could be bad info I suppose. I never said I thought Andrews was a good manager, I have serious doubts about him. However, he is the manager this year and the man players must deal with. Its about playing for your county not playing for manager x or manager y, but maybe that is the problem with these lads as the county jersey is secondary to their own ego. I always liked lyng as a player but he was poor last year and its been a while since he starred for Cavan. Shierdan is a good tough player too but I think his versatility has worked against him as different managers have tried him in positions that are not suited to him.  I'd like to see them both get another chance but if the manager decides not then I'll accept that. At least they didn't both run away to another county like the othe fella.

sams the aim

Myles ur ignoring every pt here us a manager that talks about hard work in training then brings a keeper back after a week and plays him after all d training they have done, v good man management that, now mc cutcheon has packed it in I heard cos he feels the manager has not got a clue and has a set on the older more experienced players see mc keever not getting a look in either disgraceful, see ur personal abuse dusnt stop, maybe in ur youth myles u played with Cavan and gave ur all on ur own to improve as an individual and therefore help d team? 7 pts scored last night but sure we can do without macky lyng Johnston and smith, great management that glad u have decided to back d manager in all this it's all making sense now ;D he has not got a clue maybe u cud be new manager myles if u did put so much into ur own career.

Jinxy

Here, you're not texting your 14 year old girlfriend, type properly FFS.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: sams the aim on February 11, 2012, 09:35:12 PM
Myles ur ignoring every pt here us a manager that talks about hard work in training then brings a keeper back after a week and plays him after all d training they have done, v good man management that, now mc cutcheon has packed it in I heard cos he feels the manager has not got a clue and has a set on the older more experienced players see mc keever not getting a look in either disgraceful, see ur personal abuse dusnt stop, maybe in  ur youth myles u played with Cavan and gave ur all on ur own to improve as an individual and therefore help d team? 7 pts scored last night but sure we can do without macky lyng Johnston and smith, great management that glad. u have decided to back d manager in all this it's all making sense now ;D he has.  not got a clue maybe u cud be new manager myles if u did put so much into. ur own career.

Sure maybe make your boyfriend seanie the manager. I know he was a super captain so should be no problem. The reason we get people like Andrews to manage us is because no one in their right  mind would touch us with a barge pole. Why? Well firstly there are the idiots like you for supporters, then there are the players that our past few managers have questioned their commitment. We are a young team and it will take time. Maybe their potential will attract a better quality of manager but their is no point now after 2 games to try and change it.

sams the aim

There is every point if it stops us going to division 4 ? Wud a bit of experience on d bench like the lads I named not have helped in a game like tonight?we have a management dropping some of our best players and now one of our best d last few years mc cutcheon has packed it in, manager obviously has a good set up, fermanagh got Canavan and had no underage success so dnt use that as an excuse, Cavan co board obviously no clue either

Breffni_Yank

Quote from: Jinxy on February 11, 2012, 09:38:51 PM
Here, you're not texting your 14 year old girlfriend, type properly FFS.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ; ;D
Brilliant.

Needed that humour after the shite tonight!

LeoMc

Quote from: Dinny Breen on February 10, 2012, 04:52:52 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on February 10, 2012, 03:46:33 PM
I'm tempted to drive over to Straffan for a look see.
I'd say the traffic is off the charts over there with all the Seanie watchers cruising around.

Good crew forming alright

A real home from home.

Jinxy

Quote from: Jinxy on January 30, 2012, 09:34:58 PM
There'll be a gypsy curse on the flourbags if this goes through.
No Leinster title for at least 50 years.
I have a gypsy on speed-dial for this sort of thing.

I specifically told that gypsy to stop them winning a game in the CHAMPIONSHIP and she went and cursed them for the league instead.
It's hard to find a reliable gypsy nowadays.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Despite overseeing relegation and his failure to deliver a Leinster title or even gain a championship victory over a blue-blood team like Dublin, Meath, Kerry, Galway or Tyrone in four years, McGeeney has been hailed as a messiah and his team have been regulary mentioned among the top four in the land, even though they're not even in the top flight of the league.

Ah here! Someone has missed the last two seasons.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Dinny Breen

It's not the worst article in the world but he seems full of his own self worth and very offended that SJ sooner talk to the national press than himself plus why he needs to disparage Kildare to prove his point considering the inaccuracies it does some seem what subjective.
#newbridgeornowhere