Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

heffo

Quote from: kildare2012 on January 31, 2012, 01:36:51 PM
DINNY BREEn you never replied to my comment a few pages back about the other players!! And Donnellys Hollow what is wrong with him goig to Kevins? He had to go somewhere and thats bull about Celbridge,  loads of clubs were quoted Straffan, Celbridge, Clane,Kevins even Nurney and Naas. And i said to a Kevins lads about your quote of the turf cutting ban which was funny !! He replied saying that there is no ban on the sheep shagging around the curragh in donnellys hollow haha you probably do be up there ha. :D :D

What?

PAULD123

Quote from: haranguerer on January 31, 2012, 08:33:53 AM
...I don't blame McGeeney either. He's under huge pressure to be successful. Its the Kildare County Board, and therefore Kildare clubs, and therefore every member of Kildare GAA clubs who should be ashamed of themselves for offering incentives to play for the county....

There has been a lot of rubbish talked on here. I presume Donnelly'sHollow and DinnyBreen agree that if Kildare GAA Board offered Johnson a financial incentive to transfer then that would be against the nature of the game and shameful. That in mind I can not believe the statement above. To imply some sort of universal guilt applies simply for someone being a supporter of their county is intemperate to say the least.

The rules are and should be quite simple. If Johnson uproots his life and moves to permanently reside in Kildare and plays for a Kildare club then he absolutely should be allowed to be eligible for the County team. If he does not reside there then he should not be eligible. Permanent residence should be established on the fact (like the revenue do). It is the home where he spends the most time.

But accusing Kildare supporters of being culpable of some shameful act is ridiculous

Donnellys Hollow

And Donnellys Hollow what is wrong with him goig to Kevins? He had to go somewhere and thats bull about Celbridge,  loads of clubs were quoted Straffan, Celbridge, Clane,Kevins even Nurney and Naas.

"We have heard the rumours like anybody else but there has been no contact about any possible transfer. We would not be looking for it either.

"We have plenty of young players here in the club and we are concentrating on bringing them through," said a club source.

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/tabId/205/itemId/13458/Celbridge-dismiss-talk-of-Johnston-move.aspx

He replied saying that there is no ban on the sheep shagging around the curragh in donnellys hollow haha you probably do be up there ha. :D :D

Mature. Anyway, I don't live in Athgarvan anymore.
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: PAULD123 on January 31, 2012, 02:14:15 PM
Quote from: haranguerer on January 31, 2012, 08:33:53 AM
...I don't blame McGeeney either. He's under huge pressure to be successful. Its the Kildare County Board, and therefore Kildare clubs, and therefore every member of Kildare GAA clubs who should be ashamed of themselves for offering incentives to play for the county....

There has been a lot of rubbish talked on here. I presume Donnelly'sHollow and DinnyBreen agree that if Kildare GAA Board offered Johnson a financial incentive to transfer then that would be against the nature of the game and shameful. That in mind I can not believe the statement above. To imply some sort of universal guilt applies simply for someone being a supporter of their county is intemperate to say the least.

The rules are and should be quite simple. If Johnson uproots his life and moves to permanently reside in Kildare and plays for a Kildare club then he absolutely should be allowed to be eligible for the County team. If he does not reside there then he should not be eligible. Permanent residence should be established on the fact (like the revenue do). It is the home where he spends the most time.

But accusing Kildare supporters of being culpable of some shameful act is ridiculous

Absolutely.

If Johnston was living, working and playing his club football in Kildare I would have no objection to him declaring for ourselves but I would stilll prefer if we persisted with the young talent that is in the county.

kildare2012

Quote from: Donnellys Hollow on January 31, 2012, 02:45:57 PM
And Donnellys Hollow what is wrong with him goig to Kevins? He had to go somewhere and thats bull about Celbridge,  loads of clubs were quoted Straffan, Celbridge, Clane,Kevins even Nurney and Naas.

"We have heard the rumours like anybody else but there has been no contact about any possible transfer. We would not be looking for it either.

"We have plenty of young players here in the club and we are concentrating on bringing them through," said a club source.

http://www.kildare-nationalist.ie/tabId/205/itemId/13458/Celbridge-dismiss-talk-of-Johnston-move.aspx

He replied saying that there is no ban on the sheep shagging around the curragh in donnellys hollow haha you probably do be up there ha. :D :D

yes thats what i said many clubs were rumoured to be all the ones i named. And Celbridge were quoted as saying that after it was known he was going to Kevins! Yeah it was mature was suppose to get a laugh like your post about the turf was. Doesn't matter who he plays for once he commits to both Kevins and Kildare! It is probably bull about his house in Straffan but if he comes down and trains like everyone else i wish him the best then. Because he will get the transfer and we can look forward to him scoring the winning point in the Leinster Final

haranguerer

"We have plenty of young players here in the club and we are concentrating on bringing them through," said a club source

Thats a hell of a leap from the statement made above to them having told Johnson they wouldnt take him!!! It sounds like its a standard answer to a journos question.

Just to note also, one of the top forwards in the country transferring to your club isn't mutually exclusive to bringing on your own talent - quite the opposite I'd contend in fact.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: kildare2012 on January 31, 2012, 03:14:49 PM

yes thats what i said many clubs were rumoured to be all the ones i named. And Celbridge were quoted as saying that after it was known he was going to Kevins! Yeah it was mature was suppose to get a laugh like your post about the turf was. Doesn't matter who he plays for once he commits to both Kevins and Kildare! It is probably bull about his house in Straffan but if he comes down and trains like everyone else i wish him the best then. Because he will get the transfer and we can look forward to him scoring the winning point in the Leinster Final

Read back through the thread my friend. The post about turf was in reply to a post by Heffo. I've absolutely no problem with Kevins nor do I have any sort of agenda against them but I do think that the Carew link is a little too convenient.

We're led to believe he has an address in Straffan so why is the transfer not to Straffan then?

kildare2012

yes i agree with you donnelly hollow that it could well be carew but i heard that johnston approached kevins!! And as i stated before if he went to Allenwood or Sarsfileds you could say it was Johnny Doyle and Dermot Earley who got them to go there. AND People would say that he had to go somewhere in the end of the day. And when this transfer goes through i wish him well seen as his county management dont want him

Jinxy

It's sad to see the flourbags tearing themselves apart over a Cavan man.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

anglocelt39

Quote from: Jinxy on January 31, 2012, 05:19:32 PM
It's sad to see the flourbags tearing themselves apart over a Cavan man.

:D classic case of killing two with one there,
Undefeated at the Polo Grounds

Hill16 Blues

Dinny - think you're vering towards paranoia if you think Dublin supporters criticising this is all about a dislike of all things Kildare. As I think has been shown re comments on Dublin club scene most of us are capable of having and voicing principles that we believe in. Amazingly that ability we have can be applied to issues re all counties including ourselves!

Would be interested and no doubt very amused at the reaction if the DCB were pulling a stroke like this. I am absolutely certain that we wouldn't get away with tagging it as a necessary step in the GAAs evolution! That's for sure!!!

Jinxy

I thought the Cavan PRO (Woods) came across well on off the ball earlier.
The newstalk lads were implying that the county board were just trying to make life difficult for Seanie.
If he doesn't live in Kildare, he doesn't live in Kildare.
That's not the county boards fault.
Eoin McDevitt brought up the allegation that Cavan breached the winter training ban a couple of years ago.
What's that got to do with anything?  ???

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Jinxy on January 31, 2012, 09:25:03 PM
I thought the Cavan PRO (Woods) came across well on off the ball earlier.
The newstalk lads were implying that the county board were just trying to make life difficult for Seanie.
If he doesn't live in Kildare, he doesn't live in Kildare.
That's not the county boards fault.
Eoin McDevitt brought up the allegation that Cavan breached the winter training ban a couple of years ago.
What's that got to do with anything?  ???

Absolutley right Jinxy. Declan Woods told it as it is. He does not live in Straffan and if he does he'll be able to produce utility bills etc to prove it. The boy back in the studio was a right dipshit, apparently if a player wants to move county they should just be allowed to. Sure why bother have a rule book at all. Seanie Johnston is going to really make this split an impossible thing to fix if he keeps pushing like this. If it goes wrong he could very easily find himself in limbo with no county willing to or able to play him.

Jinxy

I thought it was weird the way one of them said after the call, "They'll just prove he lives in Straffan and that'll be that".
As if this was just some petty effort to delay the whole thing by the Cavan county board.
HE DOESN'T LIVE IN STRAFFAN!

mylestheslasher

Quote from: Jinxy on January 31, 2012, 09:42:47 PM
I thought it was weird the way one of them said after the call, "They'll just prove he lives in Straffan and that'll be that".
As if this was just some petty effort to delay the whole thing by the Cavan county board.
HE DOESN'T LIVE IN STRAFFAN!

I know, what the hell was that supposed to mean. Sure why don't they get Johnstons agent to talk to Val and arrange a transfer fee and he can sign a 4 year contract with them. Going on about the training ban last year was a bit like the child who didn't get their way so they picked on something else they thought they could win. Suprised they didn't ask him about the time the players kicked out Liam Austin!