Seanie Johnston Switch and outside managers

Started by samwin08, January 18, 2012, 12:10:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EagleLord

If he's not on the squad, then he mustn't be good enough! Yap up! Get the head down and try and play your way into his plans. Hate yaps like that.

Donnellys Hollow

Quote from: Don Johnson on January 25, 2012, 10:16:11 AM
Paddy Power's view on the whole saga:

To play for Kildare during the League 2012    1/8
To start 1st championship match v Offaly in 2012    evens
To Win an All Ireland playing for Kildare    5/2
To Win an All Star in 2012    11/2
To play v Cavan in Championship 2012    11/2
To kiss the Kildare jersey during Championship 2012*    16/1
To be top scorer in Championship 2012    18/1
To be Footballer of the Year 2012    33/1
St Kevins to win Kildare Senior Championship 2012    50/1

I'll lay 500/1 to any amount if anyone's interested!
There's Seán Brady going in, what dya think Seán?

AZOffaly

If a man was so inclined, there'd be a few bob there for Seanie's mates to pick up on the 16/1 kiss. Doesn't impact the game in any way.

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 25, 2012, 10:52:44 AM
If a man was so inclined, there'd be a few bob there for Seanie's mates to pick up on the 16/1 kiss. Doesn't impact the game in any way.

I'd vomit.
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I would too if I had to kiss a Kildare jersey :D

Dinny Breen

Quote from: AZOffaly on January 25, 2012, 11:07:59 AM
I would too if I had to kiss a Kildare jersey :D

You're holding out for the Maroon...
#newbridgeornowhere

Jinxy

Quote from: haranguerer on January 25, 2012, 08:32:52 AM
Quote from: mylestheslasher on January 25, 2012, 08:17:00 AM
He lives and works in Cavan but he has now got a kildare address (we can only guess who organised that for him?). Maybe he is going to live there and drive to Cavan but I doubt it. Its not like VRT where the customs can do spot checks to see where someone is normally resident. The GAA have to take him at his word to some extent.

Oh ffs...its an amateur game for chissake. Theres enough mini hitlers running round without a crowd of pricks calling to your door to check you live where you said you did.

And its not a ridiculous proposal to let anyone play wherever to f**k they want and it will come in, whenever everyone cops on and realises that people deserve the right of free choice

If I was ridiculously good at soccer, could I play for Spain?
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Dougal

neil walsh of ladbrokes tweeted yesterday that they have seanie johnston to get an all star this year (with any team) priced at 16/1 which is massive compared to paddys 11/2.i still reckon it's a bit short.cant find it on the website but im sure if you phone them up they would give you those odds.
Fcuk you I won't do what ya tell me!!!

AZOffaly

Jinxy

haranguerer

Quote from: fearglasmor on January 25, 2012, 09:33:30 AM
haranguerer, you obviously dont subscribe to the current ethos of the GAA which is entirely based on representing the parish/community and  county. Maybe you feel that the notion of "belonging" to a particular locality or county is outdated and belongs with the dinosaurs. Thats your right. But I think you will find that a lot of people in the GAA do attach great importance to these ideals and believe that the association would lose something valuable if it abandoned them.
Personally, I have no gripe with soccer, but I find it very hard to have any real attachment to my local leinster senior league club who field a large section of paid players from Dublin city and other areas in their team. I would never like to see the GAA go down this road. If SJ and KE achieve their objective then I think it sets a precedent that will lead to the situation you espouse.

Dont talk shite - I dont subscribe to the ethos of the GAA!!  :D This ethos you speak of in terms of only representing where you're from isnt actually the ethos at all. Read a bit, you'll see the ethos is promoting irish games and culture. look at the many many examples of players who have played for different counties. Now consider the amount who have played for different clubs. Now look at hurling - tons of examples of players playing for other counties/clubs. Do they all, and the clubs/counties that took them not subscribe to the ethos either??

The point is, its a f**king sport. We should be doing all we can to encourage everyone to play it, and helping them do so, not preventing it.

Jinxy

Who are we stopping playing gaelic football?  ???

fearglasmor

Quote from: haranguerer on January 25, 2012, 11:24:23 AM
Quote from: fearglasmor on January 25, 2012, 09:33:30 AM
haranguerer, you obviously dont subscribe to the current ethos of the GAA which is entirely based on representing the parish/community and  county. Maybe you feel that the notion of "belonging" to a particular locality or county is outdated and belongs with the dinosaurs. Thats your right. But I think you will find that a lot of people in the GAA do attach great importance to these ideals and believe that the association would lose something valuable if it abandoned them.
Personally, I have no gripe with soccer, but I find it very hard to have any real attachment to my local leinster senior league club who field a large section of paid players from Dublin city and other areas in their team. I would never like to see the GAA go down this road. If SJ and KE achieve their objective then I think it sets a precedent that will lead to the situation you espouse.

Dont talk shite - I dont subscribe to the ethos of the GAA!!  :D This ethos you speak of in terms of only representing where you're from isnt actually the ethos at all. Read a bit, you'll see the ethos is promoting irish games and culture. look at the many many examples of players who have played for different counties. Now consider the amount who have played for different clubs. Now look at hurling - tons of examples of players playing for other counties/clubs. Do they all, and the clubs/counties that took them not subscribe to the ethos either??

The point is, its a f**king sport. We should be doing all we can to encourage everyone to play it, and helping them do so, not preventing it.

nuff said

Jinxy

Quote from: hardstation on January 25, 2012, 11:26:40 AM
Can I play ladies football?

I only have a wee dick.

You'll fit right in so!
I'm here all week folks.

kildare2012

St Kevins? Some addition to them, outside Gordon Kearney they lack some quality up front.

Dinny Breen i have played against ST. Kevins and know some of them they have a very strong forward line. Mark Fitzharris, Barry Noone, Eoghan Carew and add Johnston to this. Then they have Gordon Kearney, Jason Brosnan, Mick Kenny and Tom Barron all these have represented Kildare at different levels.