Liam Hayes..... Late Late Show

Started by tonesfirstandlast, October 15, 2010, 11:02:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

So because some people think he writes complete nonsense sometimes they are hypocrites for wishing him well?
It's only a game lads.
This is life FFS.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ludermor

WTF are you on about?
Everyone has wished him well, An Laoch said the following ''the general opinion of Hayes as a journalist has undergone a polar transformation since his illness became public knowledge'' .

Jinxy

Exactly.
He's saying that people suddenly think he's a good journalist because he has cancer.
Forget he's a journalist.
It doesn't matter, just wish him well and leave it at that.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Jinxy on October 17, 2010, 10:39:41 PM
Exactly.
He's saying that people suddenly think he's a good journalist because he has cancer.
Forget he's a journalist.
It doesn't matter, just wish him well and leave it at that.
Jinxy, the only way most of the general public has had till now of judging Liam Hayes as a person has been through his journalism. It's only to be expected that those who had reservations about his work should now revise their opinions in the light of his courage and dignity when he appeared on the Late Late Show.
Besides, it's the only tangible way that they can show their support and good wishes as he faces into the future.
I won't be changing my personal views as I've always held him in the highest esteem and I certainly will be praying for him to overcome this latest challenge.

Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

kevmy

I'm too young too remember him properly as a player and his views on football would pretty much be polar opposite to mine. He is quite a good writer though and knows how to stir up debate.

I have nothing against the man and don't know him personally. I wish him all the best with his illness and hope he comes out the other end in good health soon.

Declan

Would have cursed him a lot over the years but every best wish to him in his battle - very impressive interview -