Who would you like to see as Mayo Manager in 2010

James Horan
Tommy Lyons
Anthony McGarry
John Maughan

Farrandeelin

Quote from: ballinaman on October 07, 2010, 11:52:22 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 07, 2010, 10:41:09 PM
They d be well advised steer clear of these media. We ve had our share of poor judgment with interviews in the past. I know James Horan has a lot to be getting on with but one thing I think he should do is 'lock the doors'. It is time for Mayo to do the talking on the pitch. I dont want to read any interviews. Horan has indicated that we wont be hearing much from management. That s a good start. Don t want to hear from the players either. We re all able enough to see what s happening on the pitch. Time to get rid of the house of pain shite for good.

True that. Don't want to see another Mort or McGarrity interview ever again....

Whatever about McGarrity, Mortimer took the biscuit last year. I know he was captain and all that but Christ above!
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Lar Naparka

Quote from: Farrandeelin on October 08, 2010, 05:17:25 PM
Quote from: ballinaman on October 07, 2010, 11:52:22 PM
Quote from: moysider on October 07, 2010, 10:41:09 PM
They d be well advised steer clear of these media. We ve had our share of poor judgment with interviews in the past. I know James Horan has a lot to be getting on with but one thing I think he should do is 'lock the doors'. It is time for Mayo to do the talking on the pitch. I dont want to read any interviews. Horan has indicated that we wont be hearing much from management. That s a good start. Don t want to hear from the players either. We re all able enough to see what s happening on the pitch. Time to get rid of the house of pain shite for good.

True that. Don't want to see another Mort or McGarrity interview ever again....

Whatever about McGarrity, Mortimer took the biscuit last year. I know he was captain and all that but Christ above!

I wouldn't write off the IC career of anyone who played under John O'Mahony just yet!
None of them, with the honourable exception of David Clarke, played to his true potential. Why they should all lose the plot is a mystery to me and probably to everyone else who is concerned with Mayo football. O'Mahony can't be blamed for everything that had gone wrong but he was the man in overall charge- and with ultimate authority comes ultimate responsibility.
The inescapable fact is that he did lead by example and the players chose to follow him. It was unfortunate that the lot of them set off in the wrong direction.
Probably the CB also played a part in bringing Mayo football to its knees. Going by the tone of Alan's and Peadar's tweets, the players seem to have issues with the CB. 
However, this is all in the past and is best left there as the only option available is to prepare for a fresh start and to embrace the opportunity to do so. I expect all players from the O'Mahony era who are interested will make every effort to redeem themselves and prove they still have something to give for the cause.
Nil Carborundum Illegitemi

ross4life

No talk of the FBD match in New York here  :o for those that care ye won! 0-19 to 0-7
The key to success is to be consistently competitive -- if you bang on the door often it will open

From the Bunker

Paul Jordan and Tom Prendergast were at the Parke v Islandeady Junior Final yesterday, Taking notes. It looks like the new regime may be spreading their net in the hope of finding some players.

Peter Solan the Great

Quote from: From the Bunker on October 11, 2010, 04:00:27 PM
Paul Jordan and Tom Prendergast were at the Parke v Islandeady Junior Final yesterday, Taking notes. It looks like the new regime may be spreading their net in the hope of finding some players.

In fairness even John O'Mahoney went to Junior County finals

muppet

Quote from: ross4life on October 11, 2010, 03:50:44 PM
No talk of the FBD match in New York here  :o for those that care ye won! 0-19 to 0-7

Bad news in Mayo Gaa. See the Inisboffin thread.
MWWSI 2017