Antrim Hurling

Started by milltown row, January 26, 2007, 11:21:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on May 21, 2018, 08:22:42 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 21, 2018, 07:53:09 AM
You give a away more frees in a scoreable position so that's maybe the reason for the free count? And lads slandering to the be ref and he moves it forward, well that's just indiscipline, a word with the players would reduce that surely?

And if you were the better team but gave up three easy scores by short passing errors then that doesn't sound like the best team

To only be up two points with a strong wind behind you at half time seems to be one reason you lost, and you converted a penalty also so the ref did give yas something..

League game won't tell us who'll win championship, but fair play to both teams playing so soon after the county players were playing the day before

Where you at the game?

Read a very good match report from the Saffron Gael.. his view differ from yours?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Megaman

As i thought.

I try to keep my views to myself, particularly if i wasn't at the game.

The refereeing was exactly what i expected so ill keep my views on that to myself also.  ;)

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 21, 2018, 07:14:15 AM
Disappointed to have lost to Dunloy. Thought we were the better team for much of the game. You'd have to question the free count. Dunloy got 14 scorable frees, we got 5. We gave away 3 points from short passing errors and Dunloy had 4 frees moved forward 10 yards and scored them all. Never the less pleased with the display of a lot of our players. Dunloy now very much favorites for the championship having beaten ourselves and loughgiel.

You will find the other team will get more frees if your discipline is shocking.
Dall where intent on making some sort of statement but some of it bordered on thuggery. M o Neil moved some balls for you guys to when dunloy players where mouthing. How can you complain about the ReF when he fell for a Mc Manus special inside the square. Never a penalty, all in all the decisions balanced out and dunloy deserved the win
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Na Glinntí Glasa

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 21, 2018, 07:14:15 AM
Disappointed to have lost to Dunloy. Thought we were the better team for much of the game. You'd have to question the free count. Dunloy got 14 scorable frees, we got 5. We gave away 3 points from short passing errors and Dunloy had 4 frees moved forward 10 yards and scored them all. Never the less pleased with the display of a lot of our players. Dunloy now very much favorites for the championship having beaten ourselves and loughgiel.

Def, ive my months wages on us now at 4/1 which is behind yourselves and Lgiel in the betting lol

Was a decent game and nice to come to Cdall and win a game. Its been a while since we have won on your ground so its good to get a win at a tough venue.

Fair play to lads playing two games in a row as well on Sat and Sunday
hurl like f**k boi!

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Megaman on May 21, 2018, 09:25:19 AM
As i thought.

I try to keep my views to myself, particularly if i wasn't at the game.

The refereeing was exactly what i expected so ill keep my views on that to myself also.  ;)

Ah, right then, no point in reading match reports, the lads are wasting their time then
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Jesusjones

MR2 as paranoid as usual. According to him anyone in a black shirt can do no wrong. The report on the saffron Gael page was written by a Dunloy man. NAH it was a physical game and there were poor tackles from both teams and when the ruckus started players from both teams were swinging digs. It happens some times, don't get yer nickers in a twist.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 21, 2018, 11:03:43 AM
MR2 as paranoid as usual. According to him anyone in a black shirt can do no wrong. The report on the saffron Gael page was written by a Dunloy man. NAH it was a physical game and there were poor tackles from both teams and when the ruckus started players from both teams were swinging digs. It happens some times, don't get yer nickers in a twist.

Not at all, but its comical that when a team loses a game the finger wagging at ref's (from the losing team) becomes the focus of the match.. I'm sure if you are honest with yourself that the game was won and lost by the players on the pitch and the calls made by the management..

I've played and managed enough games to know the difference.. I asked the questions, there were question marks behind my first 2 points

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Jesusjones on May 21, 2018, 11:03:43 AM

Imm ok
This discussion board isn't the place to bring up some of the things a lot of our forwards where subjected to off the ball. Some of our forwards are kids in senior terms. Come championship when the Ref has umpires that stuff will disappear. Thought your manager let himself down by arguing stone cold frees,  It's up to him to Instill some discipline.
On balance that was a hard game to Ref and O Neil did fine
For what it's worth there isn't much in those two teams and when you consider cushendall had more players on for Antrim the day before I think the Dall are still the team come championship, sure the bookies know the score.

old timers

Sure it wouldn't be like MR2 to be controversial on here 😂  the age old problem of "if you believe everything you read .....". There's always 3 sides.  Really sorry I missed the match now

belfastsaff

is the pulling of a faceguard a yellow or red card offence? I have noticed this year in club games it has been given as a yellow card offence however in intercounty games in previous years it has been a straight red

Milltown Row2

Quote from: belfastsaff on May 22, 2018, 10:09:18 AM
is the pulling of a faceguard a yellow or red card offence? I have noticed this year in club games it has been given as a yellow card offence however in intercounty games in previous years it has been a straight red

Its a red card, if seen by the ref

old timers

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 22, 2018, 10:32:20 AM

There's your problem! Thats very rarely seen by the people that matter unfortunately. It's very easy to say "I didn't see it"  If seen it most definitely isn't a yellow! IMO

paddyjohn

Quote from: old timers on May 22, 2018, 03:46:31 PM

There's your problem! Thats very rarely seen by the people that matter unfortunately. It's very easy to say "I didn't see it"  If seen it most definitely isn't a yellow! IMO

But how can a ref see through a ruck of players to see it happen?

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: paddyjohn on May 22, 2018, 04:54:06 PM

But how can a ref see through a ruck of players to see it happen?
Austin Gleason would be the man to ask

Milltown Row2

The ref can only call it if he sees it.. having umpires is best..