Truly inspirational.

Started by T Fearon, July 09, 2017, 07:09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

red hander

Quote from: 5 Sams on July 09, 2017, 10:13:18 PM
Good luck to him joining a crew like that...let the lads get married and a lot of problems will be solved. Speaks volumes when one their senior management team is up in front of the beak in Australia on child abuse charges. Sensible intelligent people can see through this shite...blinkered fenians cant.

Hopefully that's changing. The number of vocations is way down despite the hype over a decidely average footballer joining their ranks. If there's any justice it'll lead to the death of the church and its malign influence, and they've only themselves to blame with their disgraceful behaviour in schools, children's homes and all the rest.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: red hander on July 10, 2017, 11:37:24 PM
Quote from: 5 Sams on July 09, 2017, 10:13:18 PM
Good luck to him joining a crew like that...let the lads get married and a lot of problems will be solved. Speaks volumes when one their senior management team is up in front of the beak in Australia on child abuse charges. Sensible intelligent people can see through this shite...blinkered fenians cant.

Hopefully that's changing. The number of vocations is way down despite the hype over a decidely average footballer joining their ranks. If there's any justice it'll lead to the death of the church and its malign influence, and they've only themselves to blame with their disgraceful behaviour in schools, children's homes and all the rest.

I'd say there is absolutely no hype over it at all to be honest! You think that Tony puts a post on a GAA forum where 200 odd people look in or post is creating hype!??

Wonder was Tony at Oliver Plunkett's tonight?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

T Fearon

As a supposedly "unintelligent blinkered fenian" I started this thread because I believe a professional footballer who wore the jersey of Man Utd (if he only wore it once he can still always say he played for Man Utd),giving all that up is truly inspirational,in an era when vocations are at an all time low.I maintain that this is evidence of divine intervention,and who knows,the inevitable  publicity concerning an ex Man Utd player becoming a priest (not hype),and Fr Philip appearing on BBC NI to tell his story,may well inspire others to consider whether they have vocations.

Unlike this thread,I have witnessed no derogatory comments from non catholic NI supporters on other forums,about Fr Mulryne's ordination.On the contrary they have been gracious with good wishes

mrdeeds

Devine intervention. Yeah sure.

The Subbie

I haven't seen any evidence of anyone being anything but complimentary to the now Fr Mulryne on this thread.
More fiction Tony.

seafoid

If vocations are at an all time low it must be part of God''s plan. God must also have planned the Holocaust.  I wonder what those poor Jews and Gypsies did to deserve it.

The Subbie

Quote from: seafoid on July 11, 2017, 09:20:58 AM
If vocations are at an all time low it must be part of God''s plan. God must also have planned the Holocaust.  I wonder what those poor Jews and Gypsies did to deserve it.

We should just accept Gods Will & listen to some gospel music and prepare our souls for repentance or whatever or something something Mary and the little ass
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=teEsNn7YuKI

Dougal Maguire

Quote from: T Fearon on July 11, 2017, 06:52:16 AM
As a supposedly "unintelligent blinkered fenian" I started this thread because I believe a professional footballer who wore the jersey of Man Utd (if he only wore it once he can still always say he played for Man Utd),giving all that up is truly inspirational,in an era when vocations are at an all time low.I maintain that this is evidence of divine intervention,and who knows,the inevitable  publicity concerning an ex Man Utd player becoming a priest (not hype),and Fr Philip appearing on BBC NI to tell his story,may well inspire others to consider whether they have vocations.

Unlike this thread,I have witnessed no derogatory comments from non catholic NI supporters on other forums,about Fr Mulryne's ordination.On the contrary they have been gracious with good wishes
I'd be interested to know what you posted on those other forums. Like for instance had you posted something here like - Congrats to ex Utd player Philip Mulryne who had just been ordained a priest and taken a vow of poverty. We wish him well - You'd most likely have got a completely different reaction, but that wasn't your goal so you worded it in a way that would provoke the reaction you wanted. As a matter of interest does your wife or any people who care about you know what you're posting on the Internet?  I think you need help
Careful now

T Fearon

So describing the unusual scenario of a former Man Utd becoming a priest as inspirational is provocative? How and why?

Taylor

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 11, 2017, 10:33:47 AM

I'd be interested to know what you posted on those other forums. Like for instance had you posted something here like - Congrats to ex Utd player Philip Mulryne who had just been ordained a priest and taken a vow of poverty. We wish him well - You'd most likely have got a completely different reaction, but that wasn't your goal so you worded it in a way that would provoke the reaction you wanted. As a matter of interest does your wife or any people who care about you know what you're posting on the Internet?  I think you need help

And what qualifies you to say that?

BennyHarp

Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 11, 2017, 10:33:47 AM

Oh ffs, would you ever catch a grip of yourself. If Tony is after the reaction that you suggest, then its people like you that give him that reaction. Personally I don't think there's anything wrong with the title or opening post - its the usual posters with the usual reactions, complaining that Tony is looking for the usual reactions which I find most tedious. It must be tiring being Tony and all those who prey on every word he posts.
That was never a square ball!!

Dougal Maguire

Not at all. He's a complete narcissist who needs this type of reaction. Mind you there's quite a bit of irony in your post too if you think about it.
Careful now

magpie seanie

Quote from: T Fearon on July 11, 2017, 10:53:36 AM
So describing the unusual scenario of a former Man Utd becoming a priest as inspirational is provocative? How and why?

Anyone becoming a priest is unusual.

armaghniac

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 11, 2017, 01:32:38 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 11, 2017, 10:53:36 AM

Anyone becoming a priest is unusual.

So is anyone becoming a professional soccer player.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

omaghjoe

Quote from: LCohen on July 10, 2017, 10:45:22 PM
Quote from: Dougal Maguire on July 10, 2017, 10:01:48 AM
Quote from: LCohen on July 09, 2017, 09:56:35 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on July 09, 2017, 09:33:42 PM
This thread once again the extent of the pure and irrational hatred of Catholicism,sadly shared by a disproportionate number of posters on this board

You planned to post that from the very outset didn't you?

Sad man
Got it in one. However I think dangerously pathetic, rather than sad, would be a better description of him. He doesn't give a toss about Philip because if he did he'd never have started the thread in the way he did.

Tony is there to get a reaction.

Even knowing that I give him that reaction from time to time. Why? Because he peddles a hatred that has to be challenged. He hates people an he hates logic. Logic drives him mad. He hides behind a dogma and a fiction whilst at the time displaying a selective knowledge and understanding of that dogma. Dogma is all or nothing and Tony can't even do that.

Your only fond of logic yourself until it challenges your own beliefs/dogma if memory serves me rightly. And dont try and kid yourself (or us) that your not trying to get a reaction yourself with your own posts.