Started by Down1234, July 04, 2018, 05:52:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mourneman9194

Quote from: Down1234 on July 04, 2018, 06:56:15 PM
Lads
My man John Kennedy

We need to re build

Under John Kennedy underage teams

1,Niall Mcparland , McCory captain ,down minor captain , down u21 captain , down senior captain

2, Shay Millar down senior

3, Ronan Millar down minor , down u21 captain , down senior

4, Shay Mccartan down minor , pro scoccor player

5, laim Bagnall , ex pro scoccer player , semi pro scoccer player at present and would walk onto the down team

6, matty Bagnall , down minor , down u21

7 , Dennis Murtagh , down minor , down u21

Do I need to say any more lads ask any of the current down players who is the best manager they played under and I would say John Kennedy will be there answer

And the players have played under most of the men methoned at underage level

We need progress thinking outside the box

The more thought I give to this, the more it makes sense. Would be a shrewd appointment. John definitely has an eye for talent and his man management is reportedly 2nd to none. Someone the players would play for.

downjim

Frank Dawson and Jody Gormley, praise the lord we are saved🙈

Brick Tamlin

I wouldnt be as quick to laugh Jimithy.
Dawson was the only man who could get the best out of that spineless bunch youse have in Burren and get them across the line a few years back. And theres a fair few that would have him back in the morning or whenever thon PR hound from Killeavey has milked the club for all he can get out of it. Wonder who the next big fancy name will be to come in next season and inevitably fail with youse will be.

What did Jody Gormley do with Cullyhanna again remind me?

downjim

What great club are you with Brick??

Brick Tamlin

One of those wee small clubs that you wouldnt take under your notice.
Ye patronising shite

downjim

Must be a club with a senior team less spineless as Burrens if you can't name it.

Btw come down to St Mary's some evening and I'll show you around, I would not call it failure 😉

Brick Tamlin

Theres one game every year you need to win. One game..against one team.
Can you explain where its all gone wrong?
No amount of bricks n mortar are gonna mask the fact that when it comes to the crunch every season youve been found wanting.

downjim

Because Kilcoo are a better team, we dominated in 80/90s , Bridge dominated and now Kilcoo. Every dog has its day but we will always be in the hunt for SFC honours. A lot more clubs should take a leaf out of our books instead of sitting criticising Down GAA. Get your own facilities and structures in place first.
Btw Brick what club are you from ??

OgraAnDun

Quote from: Brick Tamlin on July 06, 2018, 03:35:05 PM
Theres one game every year you need to win. One game..against one team.
Can you explain where its all gone wrong?
No amount of bricks n mortar are gonna mask the fact that when it comes to the crunch every season youve been found wanting.

Doesn't say much for your club (or any other in the county) if Burren and Kilcoo only need to beat each other to win the championship. Can't really criticise others for not winning if you're not dining at the top table yourself.

Smurfy123

Brick you talk some crap on this about the county and you from a small club?
Would you not be better sorting out your own house before worrying about the county? You are probably one of these ones who support the county and have no club.

mourneman9194

Quote from: downjim on July 06, 2018, 03:40:18 PM
Because Kilcoo are a better team, we dominated in 80/90s , Bridge dominated and now Kilcoo. Every dog has its day but we will always be in the hunt for SFC honours. A lot more clubs should take a leaf out of our books instead of sitting criticising Down GAA. Get your own facilities and structures in place first.
Btw Brick what club are you from ??

Not every club has the luxury of being able to develop new facilities every so often, Jim. Which allow for more effective structures, particularly underage, to be created. Very unrealistic, and unfair, to expect other teams to simply take a leaf out burrens book.

downjim

I'm not saying we have the best facilities in Down be we are up there and tbh the majority of the best facilities are within 10 miles from Burren(Bridge, Saval,Shamrocks, Clonduff, Kilcoo).

I'm saying take a look through the leagues in Down, look at every club and say is their house in order?
Are your members working hard enough?
It's easy to fundraise and get money. People will always be generous with money.

Good volunteers who spend upteem hours at the pitches cleaning, cutting , coaching, meeting. They are the cornerstone of our association.

So can we stop the yapping about county boards  unless you can look at yourself and say I do enough.
This small club mantra is shite as well, you can be small in membership but you can still create top class facilities for our kids. Entice the kids to your clubs first, then Down will change.

stiff breeze

Quote from: charlieTully on July 05, 2018, 11:55:58 PM
I think smurfy should be the next down manager. With his brother as main coach, his sister as physio and his psychiatrist as water boy.

This made me lol

thewobbler

Sean Rooney, Jack Devaney, Danny Hughes, Liam Doyle and Gerry Dougherty have been appointed to seek and interview candidates for the job.

Nice mix in there. Good luck lads.

redzone

Danny Hughes, hasn't a clue