Shafted

Started by Don Draper, June 15, 2015, 01:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Don Draper

3 teams out this weekend, all in differing counties. How we couldn't nail at least 2 of these as double headers is astonishing. We've been fucked over once again my dear countymen. Will they even supply lube?

Dave like the tv channel

Quote from: Don Draper on June 15, 2015, 01:49:54 PM
3 teams out this weekend, all in differing counties. How we couldn't nail at least 2 of these as double headers is astonishing. We've been fucked over once again my dear countymen. Will they even supply lube?

No. You've to bring your own!

I can't imagine any other county being subjected to this. F*ck neutral grounds. It should have been a TRIPLE header in Portlaoise.

Teo Lurley

We agreed to a double header for Tipperary last year like idiots. The extra support their footballers got had to help. You have to try to suit your own county so I have no problem with the 3 different venues. Would Galway prefer to play us in Portlaoise or Tullamore? Would Kilkenny prefer to play us at home or in Portlaoise? They'd be stupid to agree with that, you have to give your teams the best chance possible.

Don Draper

But it makes no difference to Antrim to play in Tullamore or Portlaoise. It's ridiculous how there can't be a senior double header. Did we even ask the question?!

My preference is for durex extra stretch raspberry flavor please.

n7 nomad

If the football goes to schedule with no injuries and no extra time, at the final whistle in Portlaoise you have one hour and five minutes to get into Tullamore, park and get into O Connor Park.  How can the GAA be so inconsiderate and how can Laois county board let it happen. ?

G@@

It is a double header in Tullamore. Cork play Galway in the camogie at 3pm.

They should have went with:

Cork V Galway 3pm (C)
Laois V Antrim 5pm (F)
Laois V Galway 7pm (H)

All in Tullamore or even Portlaoise.
"I can't get over you - 'till you come out from under him" - Pat Shortt - Class!

Helix

It wouldn't happen in any of the so-called bigger counties that's for sure!
It's hardly possible to build anything if frustration, bitterness and a mood of helplessness prevail

Mossy Bruce

Quote from: Don Draper on June 15, 2015, 05:47:35 PM
... My preference is for durex extra stretch raspberry flavor please.
Damn funny.  :o
LAOIS! LAOIS! LAOIS!

merman

The double-header was never a runner I'm afraid;
Leinster Council control the Gate for Leinster Championship matches; Croke Park control for the Qualifiers.

Not a hope in hell Leinster Council were going to offer up a cut of their gate; they couldn't give a flying f**k about the actual supporters...

OTF

Quote from: merman on June 15, 2015, 09:51:48 PM
Leinster Council control the Gate for Leinster Championship matches; Croke Park control for the Qualifiers.

Not a hope in hell Leinster Council were going to offer up a cut of their gate; they couldn't give a flying f**k about the actual supporters...

Exactly never did never will.
All the GAA are concerned with is bums on seats, counties like Laois who draw only a handful of supporters don't count,having said that they did the same to limerick a few years ago back a football qualifier in Mullingar at 3:00 and then a mad dash to Tullamore for hurling.
Limerick of course although they'd have a big following wouldn't qualify as one of the big boys.

blueandwhite1

Quote from: merman on June 15, 2015, 09:51:48 PM

How much of a gate do they think they will get from the Antrim game in Portlaoise? Will there be 1000 people there? Given that there was barely 8000 for the Kildare games in OCP, and most of them were from Kildare, how many souls will wander down from the glens to watch what is surely to be one of the least attractive games in the championship this year......

redsetanta

Peopledon't have a choice on Saturday they have to pick the hurling or the football. It's a 30 minute drive without any traffic into Tullamore anyhow so there'sno way you could wait until the end of the football, drive to Tullamore and be in O'Connor Park for the throw in.

As someone else said the Corks or Dublins of this world would not be made do it.
The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That's real glory. VinceLombardi

smcder

Its hugely disappointing the way the games are scheduled this Saturday.  Even changing the start times to half 1 and half 5 would have made a difference, and made it possible. I'm working on Sunday so couldn't go to the minor game anyway, but still its crazy to have 3 county teams out at 3 place's and 3 different times over 2 days.