Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamFever

Quote from: meatsy86 on March 07, 2019, 08:13:35 AM
Does any of your nephews play at the Abbey Sam? Whats their opinion of the style of Football?
None of them play there.Not good enough.

KeyboardWarrior645

They won the dalton or cor na og a couple of years back beating maghera in the final. Think Jim McCartan took the team. Young lad McGovern from ballyholland was on the team. I also know they'd a lot of their teams coming up short in numerous finals and semi finals. Mcaleenans year group from the point was star studded from what I remember with all on Armagh or down county minor panel. Treanor from burren his team the year later was very similar with most on county minors. Maybe star studded is the wrong word but they all played county minor football so the ability was there.

SamFever

Quote from: KeyboardWarrior645 on March 08, 2019, 12:22:53 AM
They won the dalton or cor na og a couple of years back beating maghera in the final. Think Jim McCartan took the team. Young lad McGovern from ballyholland was on the team. I also know they'd a lot of their teams coming up short in numerous finals and semi finals. Mcaleenans year group from the point was star studded from what I remember with all on Armagh or down county minor panel. Treanor from burren his team the year later was very similar with most on county minors. Maybe star studded is the wrong word but they all played county minor football so the ability was there.
yes-I get the point now.

Smurfy123

I see Kilcoo are into the ulster league final with another easy win against Dromore. CPN had a great win yesterday sets us up well for the league. Called up to watch Clonduff and Dromintee in the MM tournament Jesus Armagh club football must be poor Clonduff hammered them. Interesting all County players playing for their clubs over the weekend crazy decision with 2 matches to go in the league

elk

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 10, 2019, 06:37:10 PM
I see Kilcoo are into the ulster league final with another easy win against Dromore. CPN had a great win yesterday sets us up well for the league. Called up to watch Clonduff and Dromintee in the MM tournament Jesus Armagh club football must be poor Clonduff hammered them. Interesting all County players playing for their clubs over the weekend crazy decision with 2 matches to go in the league

Funny I heard they lost again, Glenn Wattys beat them

forevergreen

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 10, 2019, 06:37:10 PM

why is letting County players play for their clubs in a free week Crazy??? There are set periods of time for County managers to hold players back from their clubs, middle of march isn't one of them. if it was a week before the Championship or league final then yes but mid national league NO.

Ambrose

Quote from: downjim on March 04, 2019, 12:23:24 PM
I see the club formerly know as Warrenpoint had their dinner dance at the weekend. A great day for the parish with the senior team being presented with their bronze senior league medals.

As a Burren man you are undoubtedly aware that teams in Burren have not always played under the St. Mary's name. Early teams in Burren included Corrags Clan na Gael, Wolfe Tones, Parnells and the Dreadnoughts. There was also a team known as the Hedge of Rats, maybe your family may have been represented on that particular team.

Your constant belittling of Warrenpoint/CPN is becoming a little tiresome to say the least. CPN are doing magnificent work at all levels and in both codes and this should be encouraged by anyone with an interest in GAA, wether they are from the locality or beyond. While we all enjoy local rivalry you just take things to a whole new level of fuckwhittery.
You can't live off history and tradition forever

Smurfy123

Looking forward to poacher v Down this weekend. Or I mean Carlow. Every paper you lift it's about poacher nobody else. Nothing to do with some great players Carlow have in Broderick and the murphys to name a few. They do not even get a mention. Has any number 2 in the history of the GAA got so many headlines?

Mourne Red

Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 14, 2019, 12:37:56 PM
Looking forward to poacher v Down this weekend. Or I mean Carlow. Every paper you lift it's about poacher nobody else. Nothing to do with some great players Carlow have in Broderick and the murphys to name a few. They do not even get a mention. Has any number 2 in the history of the GAA got so many headlines?

Sherlock last year... Have to say it takes all the attention of the Carlow players, allows them to go into the game with no pressure on them. Smart tactic.

Ambrose

Has he been behaving himself on the line with Carlow or is he still at his usual antics?

Smurfy123

No pressure the pressure seems to be all on Carlow here as it's all anyone's talking about. Two pages in Irish news yesterday two pages today all about Carlow. Fancy Down by 3 it's going to be very toug though

Godsown

Quote from: Mourne Red on March 14, 2019, 12:53:11 PM
Quote from: Smurfy123 on March 14, 2019, 12:37:56 PM

Sherlock last year... Have to say it takes all the attention of the Carlow players, allows them to go into the game with no pressure on them. Smart tactic.

Don't imagine that's the plan. It's always about him. Fecking narcissist. Last summer he had splash all over the papers withdrawing from the race for the Down job. Never in consideration!

Targetman

You'll enjoy Saturday's Irish News then!!

Godsown

Ambrose

Quote from: Godsown on March 14, 2019, 09:15:10 PM
Don't imagine that's the plan. It's always about him. Fecking narcissist. Last summer he had splash all over the papers withdrawing from the race for the Down job. Never in consideration!

Never in consideration because he wouldn't have Sean og dictating how he'd have to do things the 'Down way'. Only room for one narcissist in Down GAA.